Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Bury Metro

Old 01-04-2012
Gypsy Member

Default track maintanence before the regional

so are we tarting the track up before the next regional mainly painting work needed maybe a clear out
whos onboard im gonna need a hand , working full time now so evenings or satadays prefered
Old 01-04-2012

I can help, depending what shift I'm on at work. Can try n bring my lads along too.
Old 01-04-2012

Default im in.

I have to start with how disappointed and shocked i was today with the theft of Chris' speed controller. This is the first incident i have heard of at the club and will be making the council aware if not just to reinforce the need for best parking options as possible. Yes the item was taken from within race control but security is still very important as all kit is essentially exposed to any passers by.

Johnny,

i have pm'd you my mobile. I am best for weekends although could get out for a couple of hours some evenings.
I shall be looking at some rubber based track marking stuff as well as a visit to the fire station this week. Im keeping all options open but think some sand filled fire hose could work in some areas of the track and possibly left out if nailed down.
If you can source the track paint either get it and invoice the club or let roger know the cost. But we could do with it soonest.
We also desperately need some better pegs and decent hammers.
Someone did volunteer to get hold of some decent pegs but can't recall who that was. If your reading this please pm me or confirm on here.
I will purchase some decent hammers and invoice roger.

To finish on a more positive note than started roger has done a sterling job on the new tabletop ramp. :thumbsup
We know we need more features than just this but it's a good start.

Darren

Bury Metro Member http://www.bmrcc.co.uk/

Team Associated B6.1
Absima Team Driver
Still have my old Team Associated C4.1, Team C Evo and Yokomo Bmax4 just in case my lads take up the sport someday.
Old 01-04-2012
Gypsy Member

nice one darren and deano bet we can have it bashed off in no time
i will be in touch
what dates are good for people . the idea of evening work sounds good to me . wouldnt take long with a few of us on a sunny evening . tuesdays and thursdays are best with me
lets get goshen looking smart
and are we having any markings on ya jump rog i reckon some yellow markings on the edge to help you see it better at speed . i will put an order in at my paint suppliers this week , but i also start my new job this week so im 9 to 5 now . i might not be able to pick it up till friday .....uless rog fancies getting it .....its only in bury
Old 01-04-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I'm available over the next two weeks but hopeless inept at all forms of manual labour......

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Old 01-04-2012
SHRCCC Legend

Re pegs I have about 200 12" 8mm tent pegs in metal that we used to secure stuff in our grass venue.

These any good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwales1 View Post
I have to start with how disappointed and shocked i was today with the theft of Chris' speed controller. This is the first incident i have heard of at the club and will be making the council aware if not just to reinforce the need for best parking options as possible. Yes the item was taken from within race control but security is still very important as all kit is essentially exposed to any passers by.

Johnny,

i have pm'd you my mobile. I am best for weekends although could get out for a couple of hours some evenings.
I shall be looking at some rubber based track marking stuff as well as a visit to the fire station this week. Im keeping all options open but think some sand filled fire hose could work in some areas of the track and possibly left out if nailed down.
If you can source the track paint either get it and invoice the club or let roger know the cost. But we could do with it soonest.
We also desperately need some better pegs and decent hammers.
Someone did volunteer to get hold of some decent pegs but can't recall who that was. If your reading this please pm me or confirm on here.
I will purchase some decent hammers and invoice roger.

To finish on a more positive note than started roger has done a sterling job on the new tabletop ramp. :thumbsup
We know we need more features than just this but it's a good start.

Darren
Old 02-04-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dudders View Post
Re pegs I have about 200 12" 8mm tent pegs in metal that we used to secure stuff in our grass venue.

These any good?
You can Bring them up when you Southern Jessie's come upto get your arses kicked Neil !!!!!!

I have a catalogue with all kinds of hosing and flexible rubber machine duct I think some of it would be ideal but I do also think hemp anchor rope around the peramitter painted white would be good

Buds

http://budsballs.co.uk
Old 02-04-2012

Default yesterday racing

that was bad news yesterday about chris speedo going missing the last time i remember anything getting nicked was years ago back at hillock indoors when all duncan lomas sce cells went missing long time ago you cant leave anything lieing around these days
Old 04-04-2012
Mad Member

Get this fella to eat the thieving scum

http://budsballs.co.uk