Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Faversham Off Road Car Club

Old 18-12-2011

Default great days racing

thank you all at faversham today was a great days racing, really enjoyed myself and i think most drivers did,
the only moan i have was practise as in my view it didnt work as it ended up about 8 quick drivers out for 30 mins then it was a free for all with everyone else for the other 30mins which most of the quick drivers still went out in!! we all got there early to practise but wasnt aloud seem a bit unfair on the average drivers.

was a great day cheers guys
jordan
Old 18-12-2011
Mad Member

agreed great days racing track was fantastic all hail track builders as for practice from the other side there was slower drivers out with the faster 4wd ie trucks and 2wd and i totaly agree with jordan it didn't work the only way to control practice is in heat order.

but like i said well done to all the spent the time and effort thanks.

Stu
Old 18-12-2011

Big thanks to all that showed up today to race, we broke the all time record for our winter series ie 60 drivers!! Not bad for a little old club like us. Must say a big thanks to the guys from last night, giving up their time and expertees to prepare the track for today, must also say a big thank you for everybody who stayed behind to help clear up and tidy up, cause lets face it we still got out the hall at 6 after running 4 qualifiers and 3 finals for all 60 drivers.

Regards the racing I think there was a lot of close, competitive, and in my opinion, fair racing and a big well done to the winners in the respective classes, but the one I must mention for me personally, and the driver that drove the best in their class was in the Under 19's, young 14 year old Ollie Crew, I called all of his 3 finals, and in my opinion his driving was fantastic from pole position!!

Kind Regards Alan,

hope to see you all Wednesday for more fun at our Christmas meeting
Old 18-12-2011

the other way to control practise is everyone runs a pt and once you have completed a certain amount of laps the computer calls out your name etc and tells that you must leave the circuit been to a few places that do that so everyone has a fair amount of practise
Old 18-12-2011

absolutly fantastic days racing,

As for the practice, its new and ned a polish!

Elliot, I let you use my 22 for 3 races and you've wrecked it, the chassis is gouged the drive shafts are worn out, slop in the ball joints, its a mess, you will be recieving a bill to put it back to its former imaculate condition.
Old 18-12-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tractor Boy View Post
Big thanks to all that showed up today to race, we broke the all time record for our winter series ie 60 drivers!! Not bad for a little old club like us. Must say a big thanks to the guys from last night, giving up their time and expertees to prepare the track for today, must also say a big thank you for everybody who stayed behind to help clear up and tidy up, cause lets face it we still got out the hall at 6 after running 4 qualifiers and 3 finals for all 60 drivers.

Regards the racing I think there was a lot of close, competitive, and in my opinion, fair racing and a big well done to the winners in the respective classes, but the one I must mention for me personally, and the driver that drove the best in their class was in the Under 19's, young 14 year old Ollie Crew, I called all of his 3 finals, and in my opinion his driving was fantastic from pole position!!

Kind Regards Alan,

hope to see you all Wednesday for more fun at our Christmas meeting
i second that ollie drove great just make it faster.
Old 18-12-2011

Results updated...

www.forcc.co.uk

As for the practice, it was never the intention that the top 20% of the drivers were to get 30 minutes and the remaining 80% were to get 20 minutes. The top 80% were supposed to go out first session and the slowest 20% of the club should have gone out in the seocond session (as per the suggestion in the recent club vote). Unfortunately we didn't make that clear.

Regards,
Jon.

Old 18-12-2011

Spot on everyone. A SUPERB days racing, loads of fun and great atmosphere. Thank you to ALL at FORCC. It was worth 2 previous late nights after work (2,30am friday and 3am last night) to get the car ready...... However i really, really need to sleep now. Goodnight all and thanks again.!
Old 18-12-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairy Spider View Post
Results updated...

www.forcc.co.uk

As for the practice, it was never the intention that the top 20% of the drivers were to get 30 minutes and the remaining 80% were to get 20 minutes. The top 80% were supposed to go out first session and the slowest 20% of the club should have gone out in the seocond session (as per the suggestion in the recent club vote). Unfortunately we didn't make that clear.

Regards,
Jon.
just a thought maybe the practice could be grouped according to heat list for example heats 1 to 4 for 25 mins then 5 to 8 for 25 mins.

good job running things today.
Old 18-12-2011

Send a message via MSN to gddevey1012 Send a message via Skype™ to gddevey1012

Great days racing and thanks to the team for being so on the ball with everything track was great to race and very challanging.

Special mention goes to george tollman in the U14 some top driving there and had he been in the seniors class would have made the B so well done to him.

Wont make the christmas meet due to being stuck at work so i will take this time to wish you all a merry christmas see you all in 2012.

Gareth

Proud Member of the Xtreme-Rc Race team

Old 19-12-2011

Yeah totally agree with all the above and say, "what a great meeting.."

Can I also agree with Jordan's comments ref. 'practice'.. top drivers (20%) having a good 25 mins and then a DD of everybody else, including Short Course, top driver's 2wd and the rest of us, un-skilled members as well as a lot of people who just didn't go out.. a number of committee members didn't run. I'm not sure if that worked, maybe just leave it as it is, turn up early and practice or we'll get people getting their friends to book in for them and then turning up at 09:45 to qualify/race...

However;

The day was really good.. Thanks to all involved especially the guys who set the track up and put it away.. it was awesome!!

Drive of the day was obviously me in both 2wd and 4wd lol... haha (any arguements, see me Wednesday!!!)

No, but seriously.. it has to be Gordon with the, "there is no grip, anywhere!!" to the, "It just doesn't drive without a wing!!" lol

I would just like to say; Well Done to EVERYBODY.. what a great day.. all the juniors (George & Jake), all the children (sorry, that's the likes of Will, Tom and Ollie) and all the old regulars.. (Seniors).. Great racing by everybody... but also the 'taken for granted, household furniture' (Alan for his true and real life commentary, quite literally hilarious.. Crewie, John, Dave, Ollie, Jeff etc.) Thanks guys...

I had a great day, 4wd (nearly the A.. lol) and especially 2WD.. thank god for the Asian Trading Sponsored Team Driver meaning I didn't qualify 9th,. Stephen, i owe you some fig rolls..

Thanks again guys, really looking forward to a great Christmas meeting..

Scott..
Old 19-12-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by discostu View Post
just a thought maybe the practice could be grouped according to heat list for example heats 1 to 4 for 25 mins then 5 to 8 for 25 mins.

good job running things today.
Only problem with that Stu is that everyone wants to practice before they know which heat they're in.
Old 19-12-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I had a great day,

Finals went better than Qual for me, great to get the 2wd out again.

Track was ace, some great racing in all the classes.

The under 19 final race between Ollie and Will was ace to watch, real class act lads well done!

Thanks to all the track builders and all who helped out during the day, superb fun!

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 19-12-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog View Post
Only problem with that Stu is that everyone wants to practice before they know which heat they're in.
your right dave but would that be a bad thing it would cut down the risk of damage and 60 drivers on the track at any one time.

it gotta be worth thinking about.

stu
Old 19-12-2011

the club operates a ranking system.
So everyone has a number, marker pen that number on bodyshell.

Practice in blocks of say 1 -10, 11-20 etc
Old 19-12-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Well done to all the winners, out of interest Stu were you on Mini Spikes in Full spikes on your finals??

Can is looking great at the moment btw, loving the Yok big bores!

www.rccarshop.co.uk
Old 19-12-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Headling View Post
Well done to all the winners, out of interest Stu were you on Mini Spikes in Full spikes on your finals??

Can is looking great at the moment btw, loving the Yok big bores!
mini spikes all day the car was fantastic i saw you watching it in the last final i allterd the rear shock oil for the finals it transformed it.

stu