Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > X-Factory

Old 13-01-2006
Administrator

Default x6

This is from Chazz on another forum, needless to say this section is here as i will soon be reviewing the X5 conversion for the xx4 thanks to XFactorys support.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(chazz)

The X - 6 2WD buggy made its debut Thursday Jan 12th at the 19th MidWest MidWinter Championship in Columbus, Ohio. Greg Hodapp drove five or six packs on the first day of practice, proving right from the start that the car handles and flies very well indeed.

The X - 6 is a Conversion Kit for the AE B4, using the B4's entire front end and steering as well as the B4 diff, trans gears, CVDs, and rear hub carriers. X Factory will make the chassis, trans case, rear control arms, rear shock tower, and many "little" bits.

THE MOTOR IS IN FRONT OF THE REAR WHEELS and the car uses the 4 + 2 battery pack carried over from the X - 5 4WD car. The "four" batteries run sideways in front of the motor, with the "two" cells sideways in front of them. The speedo is on the left next to the "two" cells, while the receiver is on the right.

We hope you understand we are at the Columbus race this weekend and incredibly busy with the cars and the race. We have photos and video and will post both as soon as we can.

http://www.4wdrc.com
Old 13-01-2006
Admin

Ive been watching this one for a while now, sounds very interesting. Looking forward to seeing some decent photos and also knowing if the production kit will have all the trick parts like the Magnesium chassis ?
Old 13-01-2006
Administrator

I think the mag chassis is just for prototyping, i imagine the production one will be moulded like their 4wd chassis.
Still, moulding a chassis is a big investment, so the car will have to be good before they commit.

Thanks to Chazz i should also be reviewing the x6 so that will be great.
Old 13-01-2006
Supah doOpah

Send a message via MSN to PaulRotheram

PICTURESSSS

http://www.eraprise.com/4wdrcbb/viewtopic.php?t=593

abit different ey?
Old 13-01-2006

Send a message via ICQ to ApexSpeed Send a message via AIM to ApexSpeed Send a message via MSN to ApexSpeed Send a message via Yahoo to ApexSpeed Send a message via Skype™ to ApexSpeed

Now after I already said I kinda liked the body elsewhere... the more I look at it the more it shows as really repulsive. I hope it is just a "cover" for the prototype chassis.

Ugh.
Old 13-01-2006
Admin

Reading elsewhere, the body they are using is apparently a cut and bodged one from another car, just so they can get some runtime on the prototype. They have not begun manaufacture of the "proper" X6 shell yet.
Old 13-01-2006
Administrator

lol, i want that exact shell! they should sell it along side the proper final shell..
Old 13-01-2006
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy
lol, i want that exact shell! they should sell it along side the proper final shell..
im you watching the computer through your Fish Eye lense again!!! :shock:
Old 18-02-2006
#1 ZX5 fan

Myself and Chris Long are in the process of becoming X Factory drivers and so as soon as the X6 is released we will have the first ones in the UK and so Jimmy will have the first pictures (assuming he wants to take some).

We hope to have the pre release cars in late april and get some track time ahead for Tivvy national.

I'm sure the shell will be a lot nicer than that proto car one, however Chazz first priority is aero. Now I for one defo buy into this as if you run my X5 back to back with and without the shell the rear is much less planted!

I really think on tracks like Bury and Batley the car is going to be dialled!

Dan

Nortech is ACE!
Old 12-04-2006
Mad Member

We've just returned from the Losi Race in Florida, where Greg put the X - 6 in the show. Further, during Saturday qualifying, Greg set the fastest buggy laps of the entire week with a 38.4 and a 38.7. We saw no other times below 38.8.

In the X Factory Challenge race on Saturday, Greg emerged victorious after a long battle with Cavalieri. We're working to get videos up, but there are tech problems. @#$%^&*!!

Still a few spots left in the 300 Pre-Production Special, and you guys in the U.K. should know you'll get your kits from Lesro Models. Contact them or us.
Old 12-04-2006
Administrator

Wow! not bad results at all Chazz, look forward to the videos. Any update on the release date of the X6?
Old 12-04-2006
Super Moderator

I'm already in that 300, just hope I don't get f****d over on the exchange rate!
Old 13-04-2006
Mad Member

Mines on order, will be coming via Lesro so no need to worry about exchange rates and getting stung for Import duty & Vat etc
Old 13-04-2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTimer
Mines on order, will be coming via Lesro so no need to worry about exchange rates and getting stung for Import duty & Vat etc
that will just be included in the price Jon... heeheehee....
Old 13-04-2006
Mad Member

Yes i know but it save's any nasty surprises
Old 13-04-2006
Admin

I'd rather just buy direct, the use of importers/distributers locally often just means the British public end up paying more for the product than others around the globe
How we can have a situation whereby its possible to order abroad, pay international air mail shipping and UK duty/VAT , but still make savings often over 25% ??
Old 13-04-2006
Mad Member

I did order direct with Chazz but my order was passed to Lesro, as i did not want to send my credit card details via a email, and they don't take paypal.
Old 13-04-2006

I must admit, if they are going to have an online presence, get an e-store, I know there are issue's and complications but there are places that offer all the bacnking side thrown in.
Old 13-04-2006
Supah doOpah

Send a message via MSN to PaulRotheram

im waiting till a few x-6's make it over and see how they go.. ive got a pretty good b4 and bk2 atm. if they seem to go well ill have to get one as my x-5 is simply amazing, and if the x-6 will follow suite itl be perfect!
Old 13-04-2006
Mad Member

Paul, i do intend to atom'iz the X6, so it will be interesting to see what can be done, have you had any joy with your 2wd projects ?