Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > XRAY

Old 08-05-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Default Xray spares what have you needed

Im wondering what spares package you xb4 drivers have needed?
What have you broken and what do you deem as necessary to have?

"Babe thats NOT the price its the serial number!!"
Old 08-05-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneKiwi View Post
Im wondering what spares package you xb4 drivers have needed?
What have you broken and what do you deem as necessary to have?
I broke a front shock tower
but I had to try really hard, by coming off a jump wrong and nose diving into the wrong side of a wooden jump like 3 times.
That same shock tower is still on my car though, because the alloy plate that you get with the free upgrade kit is holding it together.

if your a new xb4 owner or are intending to be, I would say, get yourself some bearing oil. and oil your bearings as instructed in the manual.
I thought this was a con to get me to buy the hudy bearing oil
its not, those bearings need oiled
The slip bearing oil from Pdub is quality and will do the trick.
I'd also invest in an LMR wing as the kit standard is paper thin and very easily broken
Old 08-05-2013

I hardly carry any spares, front bulkhead (V2 much improved, but i have still broken 2) and rear wing mounts, that's literally it, my car is wearing out rather than being broken

I do have some diff parts in my box, as well just in case...
Old 08-05-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graveltrap View Post
I hardly carry any spares, front bulkhead (V2 much improved, but i have still broken 2) and rear wing mounts, that's literally it, my car is wearing out rather than being broken

I do have some diff parts in my box, as well just in case...
do you not find that with the upgrade kit you have an over abundance of diff parts?
I have loads and my diffs are fine
Old 08-05-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroP View Post
do you not find that with the upgrade kit you have an over abundance of diff parts?
I have loads and my diffs are fine
Yeah. I bought a full spare diff to make oil changes easier, and to make sure i had a spare if i blew an outdrive, which I haven't, but others have.

I bust a rear upper link end doing jumps on the track after a meeting last sunday.
I've started to replace worn bearings now i'm outside.
I bust an original front bulkhead, but already had the upgrade spare ready to go.

Rear wing mount ends break easily. I've now placed a rubber washer under the wing, which seems to stop the sharp edges pushing through wings. I've replaced my kit wing with an R1 wing.

A mate has gone through an ali front lower suspension holder after a hard impact with something solid.

My first meeting with the car, in practice a mate caught the front corner into a wall at speed by mistake, and took out a front wishbone, bent arm pin and an eccentric bushing. I didn't have spares at the time.
I've found the car bulletproof though. Just last meeting I hit a parked car on the straight at full throttle (no one shouted it was there, and my view was blocked by transmitters and hands). Just popped off the steering rod, no other damage! I suspect other cars would have been in a sorrier state.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 08-05-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Put a spare bit of lexan larger than the mounts under the wing for extra support so the wing doesn't get punctured

"Babe thats NOT the price its the serial number!!"
Old 08-05-2013
Mad Member

The XB4 is the first 4wd I've raced so its expected that i'm bound to crash a fair bit, and i do. but i havent as yet broken anything severe
just my front tower, but its still going with the alloy brace
Old 08-05-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneKiwi View Post
Put a spare bit of lexan larger than the mounts under the wing for extra support so the wing doesn't get punctured
I did that when i ran a schumacher K1 carbon fibre look wing. first roll, indoors in practice punctured it, so it didn't last long. shoogoo'd a piece of lexan to it which got me through another few meetings.

The R1 wing is solid though. really holding up well, plus i used the rubber washer under it which takes out lots of pressure of the wing mount on the lexan.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 27-05-2013
Mad Member

i went for an LMR wing on the XB$ as the kit wing is paper thin and broke very easily.

might give that R1 a bash on my 2wd