Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Yokomo

Old 24-01-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Default BMAX2 MR gear diff oil?

Can I get some info on the weight diff oil you are using and track/surface you are running at please?
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 24-01-2014
Mad Member

For indoor slippy/carpety tracks in a 2wd around 2 or 3k
Old 24-01-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroP View Post
For indoor slippy/carpety tracks in a 2wd around 2 or 3k
Yes a fellow racer at Batley/Worksop said 3k. just wanted a straw poll. I picked up the gear diff today to have a go. There is some thick clear grease in a pot with it. is that to seal the gasket?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 25-01-2014
Mad Member

Send a message via Yahoo to matdodd

Ye just use the grease to seal the case/gasket and start around the 3k point with oil dependent on surface/grip level your running on.
Old 25-01-2014
Mad Member

i'd leave the clear grease alone and use green slime around the edges to help make the seal tighter

much as you would in the xb4 diffs
Old 25-01-2014

Neil I used 5k at chadderton and the car was really easy to drive would of liked to have tryed a few other changes to the car because it was a little too planted.
But I had a little go at york in first practice (still with 5k in) when it was very lose and it was a bit of a handfull
I think next time at chadderton I will run 4k to start with and on a lose wood floor (Batley or York) I will be starting with 2k.
Old 25-01-2014

We have been running 5k on carpet astro indoors, or if there is quite a bit of wood then 2 or 3k
Old 25-01-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by 450kid View Post
Neil I used 5k at chadderton and the car was really easy to drive would of liked to have tryed a few other changes to the car because it was a little too planted.
But I had a little go at york in first practice (still with 5k in) when it was very lose and it was a bit of a handfull
I think next time at chadderton I will run 4k to start with and on a lose wood floor (Batley or York) I will be starting with 2k.
Thanks Ben. York was supper slippy at first the other week anyway, so not so sure the diff was to blame. mine (with ball diff in) was a handful too in that practice.
Old 25-01-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Im running losi's great grease which is thicker than AE black grease on a tight small track

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgRPOORoRv8

not the same track layout but you get the size etc.

"Babe thats NOT the price its the serial number!!"