Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > North East

Old 22-06-2008

All,

Once again, your reading too much into this thread.... It is just a feeler to find out what people think/want, however if you think that the most northeren clubs would suffer then you have already admitted that you know the distance is an issue to most people....

Please don't think of this as a 'quote' about what will happen, its just some constructive feed back from the racers of the region...

JIm
Old 22-06-2008
Lee-Mag

I can see everyones point and see the positives but there are also negatives. York and batley are established clubs and people know they exsist. people dont know about jarrow and durham, im sure the regional brings in some much needed cash for the clubs (i may be wrong) I think splitting the region would cause these smaller clubs to go under or become less supported.

I did durham to york last saturday morning in 56 mins thats not bad going. But i am off my tits i drove 160 mile each way today for a club meeting

SUPER SEED

I am getting my own oOple blog !!!

Paint by www.Mikovic.com
Old 22-06-2008
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats

Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765

i say do it
jarrow teeside all well over 120miles for us, i for one say DO IT
Old 22-06-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to josh_smaxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred5765 View Post
i say do it
jarrow teeside all well over 120miles for us, i for one say DO IT
So you think the northeast region should cut these clubs off (that are in the northeast) and force them into a smaller series that will be seriously undersupported and probably wont make it into the second year? all because its a few to many miles for you? Didnt want that to sound sharp but i think i gave a few more valid points than your post.
Old 22-06-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Mike Hudson

Get a couple coaches and ya'll sorted...
Old 22-06-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_smaxx View Post
So you think the northeast region should cut these clubs off (that are in the northeast) and force them into a smaller series that will be seriously under supported and probably wont make it into the second year? all because its a few to many miles for you? Didn't want that to sound sharp but i think i gave a few more valid points than your post.
and
the three clubs are north north east.i think you should try driving up to bury twice a year josh then you can comment on weather there allowed in,
its not your decision or mine but may be a poll would decide it. i think it would be a good idea the three clubs mentioned are so far north, i heard father Xmas races there lol do a poll jim
Old 22-06-2008
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to Garry Driffill

I didnt think you was North East Carl ?
Old 22-06-2008
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to Garry Driffill

I think it should just be left as it is and include more like Bury Metro !
Old 22-06-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Carl, i see where your coming from and as i dont drive then i cannot even begin to comprehend the price of fuel and traveling up and down the country to race. But i do believe without having the support of York/Bately in the series the other clubs will die out pretty quickly.

Im sure i will come down to Bury but since its not technically NorthEast then i dont really have to.
Old 22-06-2008

Gary we ran northeast for the last 5 years, its only this year we backed of to run northwest as it was getting ridiculous traveling 110 Miles to York 120 miles Nissan factory.140+ to tee side,batley is 60 thats fine bury is 22 ish thats fine even York is okish at 110 but try traveling 144 to tee side then racing a full day then traveling back its just to far,
i see no harm in the three running nne and other three NE why would it affect your clubs.?
Old 22-06-2008
RHR RACING

Send a message via MSN to James

Some of you southern northeners perhaps could look at the mideast next year ... ?

Just a thought
Old 22-06-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

It would affect them because the 3 clubs in question i dont think are big enough combined to hold a series and the main bulk of people who regularly attend the northeast regional series would prefer to race at the bigger, more established clubs like york/batley and maybe bury (still dont think bury is NE). I just think it would fail.

I say dont fix what isnt broken, the clubs are still running, people arnt moaning to badly about fuel costs and the racing is good. Carl, i think your the only person who has a major problem with the distances are your not even racing in the NE this year.
Old 22-06-2008

correct but were do you think this idea came from, not me josh for sure read jims first post, people have been complaining about traveling costs and rising fuel cost,anf having to spend hours traveling way up north,do a poll
Old 22-06-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred5765 View Post
do a poll
To be honest, i think thats the best way to go from here. Can Jim edit this thread into a poll?

Anyway, im going to sleep now so i wont be replying till the morning
Old 22-06-2008

Money regionals bring in - it COST Jarrow several hundred pounds after the race fees were paid in to host the regional, this of course wasn't helped by the fact we were limited to hosting one day event and paid weekend hire for everything, therefore only had the income from a one day event to cover a weekend of costs. We're a small club and wouldn't like to comment yet if we could afford to put another regional on.

Splitting the North East Region - Many thought these comments would be made by those to the South of the region this year as there was more Northern clubs chosen to hold regionals, those from North of the region have for many years travelled at great cost to events in the South of the region without complaint, many travelling 120 miles plus each way every time to York, Batley and Bury several times a year. Until THIS YEAR when there has been more Northern regionals, there hasn't been a problem with people complaining about travelling, so suppose that shows where this issue has come from. Northern folks even travel down to the likes of Bury and Batley doing several hundred miles in one day just for club days to support these clubs, shame it never happens other way round.

There is not currently a track in the North of the region which could compare to the likes of Batley and Bury, which unfortunately means lack of support. This year there was opportunity for members from the North of the region to just attend local regionals to gain points needed (Durham, Jarrow and Teeside) but everyone travelled down to York which hopefully shows them as more than willing to take part, wherever it might be at whatever cost it may involve.

We may not have the best tracks in the North of the region, nowhere near the facilities elsewhere but I for one am very proud of what is achieved by much smaller clubs and appreciate fully what effort it requires to host a regional event.

A National 'Up North' would be great, can't see it ever happening, but a nice thought.

(mrs) turbo_brick
Old 23-06-2008
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_smaxx View Post
I got ALL my stuff minus a tent in the boot of a BMW 3 series including a large nitro monster truck and a mahussive sleeping bag (that when rolled up is about a foot in diameter and the width of the boot) so in an estate it can be done.
Plus your Parents cos you can't drive a road car or model car
CFR RCTV Channel
Glenn Atterton

BRCA 2005 1/10th Off-Road Veterans Champion
LMP12 National Champion 2003/2004 / F3 class
Old 23-06-2008
Mad Member

this thread has really pissed me off.
as normal a few poeple complain about something and it's the northern most clubs and racers that have to suffer.
some of us have been doing this sport for a long time (25 years for me) and we are the ones that alwas get the shitty end of the stick.

i agree with turbo brick the smaller clubs like durham and jarrow wouldn't bother putting a regional on as the numbers wouldn't be there so the money wouldn't be there so that means the clubs would have to close.

and this means no more racing for the racers from the north of the region so that means if we want to race (just at a club) we have to TRAVEL to batley york or bury but then again does anyone give a shit about us? do they balls as it has been for years.

how come nobody complains about the traveling costs of doing the nationals?????????

i do more traveling for racing than most of you lot on here throughout the year yet i still get up on a sunday mourning at 05:00 when i'm not racing in a comp for 12th scale / touring cars / or buggys and do a club race.

me and a couple of lads did southport a while ago i was up at 05:00 over to turbo bricks house for 06:00 packed the car on the road for 07:00 got stuck in a traffic jam just as we were about 8 to 10 miles from southport got there at 10:15 raced all day left the track at 17:00 and got back to turbo bricks house at 21:20 i got home at 21:50 (OH THE MOST INPORTANT BIT WE HAD FUN) thats why we do it.

go ahead have a poll just remember if you guys do this i'll still travel and race but i know a few that will give up.

and clubs will close so as normal do what you like just think about the affects to others.
Old 23-06-2008
Lee-Mag

You boys have no stamina, i flew back from norway in january to come to york regional.

SUPER SEED

I am getting my own oOple blog !!!

Paint by www.Mikovic.com
Old 23-06-2008

Nobby,

This thread was never intended to P***s anyone off, it was only a discution to see if we as a whole region thought that the time had come where the region could stand being split...

I appreciate what your saying about travelling over the years, and I too have been racing for some 25 years plus...

So the general concensos is that the more northeren clubs wouldn't be able to hold a regional series due the lower amount of club members, but until thats explained, then people just assume every clubs the same...

I don't think this thread needs turning into a poll, that would be counter productive, but please keep talking and offering your opinions....

JIm
Old 23-06-2008
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
You boys have no stamina, i flew back from norway in january to come to york regional.
it's not a case of stamina lee.
i think you can understand that if this split goes through racers in the north of the region will have nowhere to race on a club night (i know you don't do club nights as you can't get away on tuesday nights)

but you have to look at the possible affect on the tyne & wear and teesside clubs.

sorry about my rant but it just seems that we (the northern most clubs) just get pushed to one side.
this year i though cool this is the first year in i don't know how long i didn't have to do s#~t loads of traveling to do the regional series but the first time we hold more than one round north of teesside people start whinging.

someone said bury didn't get a round as someone forgot or something.
if they had of got a round i would of still come and raced.