Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Gloucester Electric Racing Car Club

Old 25-11-2013

Default New guy in FOD needs some help... TT01

Hi guys... looking for some help...
me and a couple of guys are going to start doing a monthly RC race at the local concrete 5-a-side pitch... so was looking for a spec car we can all buy and over the weeks modify parts etc... to just have some fun but keep there a bit competitiveness going.

All being new to this we looked on the net and seemed that the TT01 chassis is the one to go for and obviously there are a few different models we can have some variation or fun with.

Would anyone recommend a model to buy over another model (i.e. TT01/01E etc..) also is there anything we should look at temp banning from upgrading which would give significant speed difference?

Any help appreciated on this.. or if anyone local is selling bits ill need all appreciated
Old 26-11-2013

To be honest, I don't think anyone at the club runs the Tamiya tub chassis.
If you are only interested in "bashing" purchase a car that has a good spares backup. I suspect that Tamiya do provide good spares but check out the cost of parts i.e. wishbones, drive shafts, shock towers, C hubs etc... as these are the parts that take the hardest knocks.

In terms of modification, restrict everyone to a motor wind limit (Brushless 13.5T or Brushed 19T for e.g.) and you will make the racing much fairer. If you purchase an RTR car, then stick with the supplied ESC. Otherwise you run into the realms of motor timing, boost, turbo etc... and it becomes more of a science to set these up well.
I would also advise on getting the best batteries you can obtain, a high mAh rating and high C rating. Run times will be about 10mins without issue with the better batteries.

Pop down to the club and see what everyone is running, you never know, after you have tried "bashing" you might want to start racing competitively.

Just my thoughts

Si
Supastox
TLR 22
Mi3.5
Mi5
Mad monkey,
Tamiya Monster Beetle/Mud Blaster

"if i'm not racing... i'm dreaming of racing"
Old 28-11-2013

thanks for the reply... yeah this is to get the initial experiance of the RC without spending a fortune...

What do I need to google/ebay to see the car or models that you guys race? May have to pop and see what its like
Old 29-11-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I have a very low use Mardave CEC GT12 car which I am willing to sell at a very good price, PM me if interested. Also have a good motor & LiPo to go with it.

For me with the limited size of the hall GT12 is the perfect class for Gloucester.

I loved racing GT12 but struggle to make Fridays (stupid day for club racing IMHO) and am much more an off-road guy.