Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Eden Park Raceway

Old 08-05-2012
Mad Member

Default Weekend Work Party - 26-27 May from 9am

Alongside the usual evenings and Saturday work parties, there we will be a major push at the club's venue over the Saturday and Sunday of 26-27 May ahead of our National round that we are hosting the following weekend.

We would really appreciate as much help as possible on the Saturday and Sunday, even if you can only manage an hour or two. There will be lots of painting and strimming to do as well as general cleaning up and other light duties in preparation for the biggest meeting of the year.

The club will keep you fed and watered during the day and there will be all the necessary tools on site. There is no South-East regional on this date so we hope for a good turnout...

Please drop me an e-mail at eden park raceway [at] live [dot] com if you can help as it would be great to know ahead of the date who will definitely be there.

IMPORTANT NOTE: This work party will go ahead, no matter what the weather! We have lost so much time already due to the adverse conditions and there will still be lots we can achieve, even if its raining.

Many thanks

Matt Benfield
EPR
Old 20-05-2012
Mad Member

Following on from the work pary yesterday, here is the post from the thread:

Thanks to everyone who came down yesterday and really grafted - DC, Ellis, the Barnes', Shareef, Vince, the Williams' and Roger. Many were there for over six hours plus!

We made some great progress with the track with the transitions re-profiled, holes filled, vinyl removed off the rostrum, areas for concreteing prepped, lots of sweeping and cleaning, the new results board was fitted, as well as many, many hours of strimming!

Roger Brayshaw is going to kindly carry out some of the concrete work during the week so we can focus on painting the track and rostrum next weekend - fingers crossed on the weather!

There is a long list of jobs to do (as usual) including cutting in some more Astro in on the the tarmac section, tidying up race control and scrutineering, cutting the grass, moving the roller to the top of the field again so there is something for everyone. We will have the wacker plate delivered on Saturday so we can also get another one of the cut-throughs completed.

Hope to see you all again and a few more if possible to share the workload. I will be there both days (come rain or shine). If you can only spare an hour or you are only up to light work, your help and support would be most appreciated...

Thanks again
Old 24-05-2012
Mad Member

As Matt has previously detailed, some fantastic work done so far by the team and more taking place during the week, thanks guys, really is very much appreciated!

More to do this weekend, on BOTH days and an opportunity to top up the tan me thinks:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/br3
Matt will be leading the team on Saturday and I'll be paying a rare (these days, sorry!) visit on Sunday to help out Matt, Alex and anybody else that can make it, everybodies welcome, either day for however long you can spare!
Think we may have to stock up on the cold drinks rather than firing up the urn this weekend, lets hope!

Hope to see you there!

http://www.edenparkraceway.com/
http://www.insidelinemodels.com/
http://www.pr-rc.com/
http://www.rcracer.com/
Old 25-05-2012

I will be trackside from about 7:30 on Saturday. I will be ready for a full days painting. Don't panic Steve, I can start on the front of the rostrum till you guys get there and unlock. I will be painting all day though!!! I need to get as much done as possible as Im racing at faversham Sunday, so I need as many helpers as possible to paint the curbs!!!!

Dc
Old 25-05-2012
Mad Member

Thanks DC. I will get there early - its no problem with a six-year old that opens the blackout blind at 5.30am to see if its morning and sees the sun out!
Old 25-05-2012
Mad Member

I was down at the track last night and am very pleased to say that the new gravel boards are now being painted with a wood preserve and the fence is being given a new coat too - it looks great.

Roger and Darren have also been working hard on other areas and the damaged kerbs have now been repaired and the expansion gap filled.

Many thanks to these two who have been up during the week and making sure that we are ready for painting on Saturday!

Hope to see lots of you over the weekend. We will try and cater for you all with hot and cold drinks and a lunchtime run to the cafe.
Old 26-05-2012

It was a great day at EPR today!!! I'm so thankful for all the help painting!!!
It's just about all painted so much thanks to all who helped today!!! Good job!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EPR Big E.jpg (52.3 KB, 40 views)
Old 27-05-2012

Here's a better pic - i hope this works

http://photosynth.net/view.aspx?cid=...&p=0:0&t=False
Old 28-05-2012

Looking good