Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Associated

Old 03-10-2010

Default b4.1 wet astro turf settings

hi.i went to stotfold today to try out my new b4.1.ive built it as the manual stated.but what a night mare in the handling department.the track was wet ive was running yellow mini spikes F&R nosram istc set on mode 1, the least powerfull running a speed passion v3 7.5. all the rest of the car is standard. the main trouble is the back keeps spinning out so ive loosen the slipper cluctch. everybody elses car was well dialed, but mine was a complete mare. have you got any ideas what i can do what i can do to sort the handling out? has anybody got any good set ups for wet astro turf? thanks simon
Old 03-10-2010

Send a message via MSN to russmini

How long have you been racing ?

7.5 is ok for the Top guys, and i have tried one, very briefly. Personally i'd run a 10.5 if it's slippy (i actually run one full stop, i don't think my car control is good enough for anything quicker). I know a lot of the more experianced guys on here will probably shoot me down in flames, but as the old saying goes...

Power is Nothing Without Control...

So if you've got no control, you've got too much power.

Drop it down and you might find the car will be a million times better straight away.

Hope that helps a little...
Old 03-10-2010
Thieving scumbag

The main thing that will help you out is running ballistic buggy greens on the rear and shumacher green mini spikes on the front
Old 03-10-2010

so if i run a 10.5 with ballistic green on the rear and schumacher green on the front. are greens softer than yellows? this could be the answer to my prayers. ive been racing on and off of twenty years
Old 03-10-2010

Yellows are absolutely useless in the wet, change tyres before doing anything else.
Old 03-10-2010
Mad Member

I am no genius when it comes to car set up, but here are a few things I have picked up on my B4...

Weight helps lots, I run mine really heavy when its wet. (rudebits battery brace, trishbits bulkheads f&r plus rudebits rear weight kit)

BB greens on the rear, Schu greens on the front

Be gentle with the throttle, dont give it full beans until its settled down and pointing the right way.

I went down a grade with the springs on the rear (silver to green) to make things a bit softer which helps with the rear breaking out.

Best bet is to see what others run at the club, never been to slotford, but I normally race at Coventry through winter, so know what a wet day feels like...
Old 04-10-2010

thanks for the info.ive ordered some bb greens and a 75g servo weight to see if theres any difference? i have green springs on the rear already ill. fit it all this week and give it a go at the weekend
Old 05-10-2010

hi all, would that be ballistic buggy mini spike for the rear? as need to sort my wet set up also, cheers
Old 05-10-2010
Mad Member

Yes, BB Green minispike.
Old 05-10-2010

Thanks, will get some in.