Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > Mid West

Old 10-02-2008
Mad Member

Great day, My first time at Kiddy and can honestly say it was excellent

Yey outdoors is (nearly) back.
Old 10-02-2008
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyreman View Post
Thats funny because me and Sleigh watched all of your finaland you were last for the most of it
well i caught mike elliot who was running 5th or 6th passed him then i run into the marshall and ended up 8th and i couldnt catch neil It went wrong at about 2 or 3 minutes.

A

I always thought by 2013 we would have flying cars, but we have got blankets with sleeves!

Old 10-02-2008

well done preddy uve started him off now can of worms comes to mind
Old 10-02-2008

I just like to defend myself what did you and sleigh think to my car if you where watching me. what should i do i know for a fact i finished 8th as i looked at the tiems afterwards i beat nick child and i think malcolm did not start.

A

I always thought by 2013 we would have flying cars, but we have got blankets with sleeves!

Old 10-02-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I had a great day too, learnt a lot more about the ZX5-SP and by the final had a great car that could be really pushed. Shame I didn't do a clean run all day, but then again I can accept when the result is of my making .....

The end result was more to do with my lack of real off-road over recent months, carpet is no replacement for the great outdoors in many many ways!

Looking forward to Cov now.
Old 10-02-2008

Was a nice day of racing, the sun definatly made it more enjoyable. Only had one really good round but that is just me at kiddy. I did seam to make some progress though today to get used to the track. The car also felt more stable also, just looking forward to getting my new batteries now The track seamed to flow today which makes a change for me.

TLR - Horizon Hobby - Spektrum - Dynamite
Old 10-02-2008
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleyb4 View Post
I just like to defend myself what did you and sleigh think to my car if you where watching me. what should i do i know for a fact i finished 8th as i looked at the tiems afterwards i beat nick child and i think malcolm did not start.

A
There's little point in helping you as you never take it on board you seem to think we are criticising you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerM View Post
I had a great day too, learnt a lot more about the ZX5-SP and by the final had a great car that could be really pushed. Shame I didn't do a clean run all day, but then again I can accept when the result is of my making .....

The end result was more to do with my lack of real off-road over recent months, carpet is no replacement for the great outdoors in many many ways!

Looking forward to Cov now.
Rog it looked like you were running the BJ4we in your final (car 9) could be wrong though.

http://www.screwz4rc.co.uk

Old 10-02-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyreman View Post
There's little point in helping you as you never take it on board you seem to think we are criticising you.
I do take it on please brian

A

Old 10-02-2008

Thanks to all at Kiddy for another good days racing, can we book that weather for the next one please
Old 10-02-2008

Ash, I saw some of your races and personally I think that at the minute the car seamed to fast for you. What motor were you running today? Also how did your set up seam as most corners you seamed to be running quite wide (also possibly down to the speed) Don't worry you were not the only one guity of this. we were trying to get someones b4 set up right and its too fast for him at the moment.

Old 10-02-2008
Mad Member

I enjoyed the day very much. That weather was perfect for racing. The b44 is great for me compared to the BX, It seemed so settled, I could do consistant, I just need to do it quicker now. Great people in my heat too, Simon, Martin, Spencer, Roger, Mike, Jeff... so little on-track agro...

My son also ran his second ever non club meeting and improved each round which please both of us.

N
Old 10-02-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy reeves View Post
Ash, I saw some of your races and personally I think that at the minute the car seamed to fast for you. What motor were you running today? Also how did your set up seam as most corners you seamed to be running quite wide (also possibly down to the speed) Don't worry you were not the only one guity of this. we were trying to get someones b4 set up right and its too fast for him at the moment.
i think this was mainly due to having harld no shock oil in my front shocks lol as i thought i had filled them but only did rears lol havent run my xx4 since first round of winter series at kiddy. As i only has 2 finishes i was more worried about getting a time than gettign car dialled i like alittle safe understeer i was runnign a 6.5

A

Old 11-02-2008

Send a message via MSN to jasonrcb

thanks to kiddi for another top meeting and even the weather was good for us,starting to get to grips with the car now yes i know i have to stop swapping cars lol i have listened and now have got my 4wd sorted,great heat i was in close racing every round and looking forward to cov in a fortnight
Old 11-02-2008

Ash, If i was you i would consider possibly running a 7.5 or stick with the 6.5 and don't use full power and work on your lines more as this is where most of the time is made. I think in my second run i was only using full power in about 3 places, mainly cus it was quite close in our heat and i posted my fastest of the day.

Jase, nah i can't beleave it we have finally got you to stick to one car

Old 11-02-2008

Great days racing yesterday. Weather was a bonus. Car worked really well yesterday on Ballistic green spikes. Used 1 of Chris Doughty's set ups of the Atomic website.
Had some close racing during the heats with Jason and Jonathan Clarke.
2nd round 1.5 secs between 2nd & 6th at the finish.
In the final had a good battle for 1st with Simon Overall. Dumped on the last lap. Looking forward to the next round.
Paint by Wezzer.
Old 11-02-2008

Glad to hear that you all enjoyed yesterday. Shame about the number of no shows. As Tony closed the books during the week when we had 80, it meant some were refused entry - apologies if you were one of those.
Still, we had 74 who raced - not bad for a winter meeting.

The next round of the Midlands Astro Masters will be held at Coventry on Feb 24th.
Please send your entry to billharlow1@aol.com
Old 11-02-2008
Mad Member

Thanks to the Kiddy club for a very very good meeting still one of my favourite tracks, just a shame it is 2 hours drive away for me. I have been realy dissapionted with my racing over winter (indoors) I now know that indoors does not suite me. I ran in 4wd with my D4 and it was fantastic as Neil has said was in a good heat which made for clean runs ended up qualifying 10th in the B which I was well happy with. I had a good half race battle with a B44 I think (sorry dont know your name) and got past on the last lap to finish 4th, so it was well worth the 4 hour round trip.

One last thing my two fastest times of the Day both 12 319 where done using five cells, the car felt easy to drive smooth but still with good speed on the straight.
Old 11-02-2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy reeves View Post
Ash, If i was you i would consider possibly running a 7.5 or stick with the 6.5 and don't use full power and work on your lines more as this is where most of the time is made. I think in my second run i was only using full power in about 3 places, mainly cus it was quite close in our heat and i posted my fastest of the day.

Jase, nah i can't beleave it we have finally got you to stick to one car
By no way is that car is to fast for me the main reason why i ran wide on 2 of the corners the first one was because it was damp there and i didnt have new tyres my tyres where ptetty old. And the corner at the top left hand corner is because if i take it to close i just clip it and end up on my roof. So take it wide and i dont roll it savign load sof time. Other than that i wasnt taking any of the corners wide.

A

Old 11-02-2008
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Wraggy

Ash dont get defensive !! people are trying to offer you advice ..
take the advice as its ment.

i dont think my car is quick but you ask anyone else and see what they say.
Old 11-02-2008

Idont mean to sound that was im just trying to show i understand why it was doing that every so often i did goa little hot into corners but i think the car was going well.

A