Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Ribble Valley R/C Car Club

Old 19-01-2013

Default Ramp repair?

Hi chaps

Think the ramp on the straight has seen better days. Pretty sure its the speed the buggies are hitting it is causing the damage.

Obviously it keeps tearing, but also I noticedafter a couple of rounds it started kicking the back of the car up, even when coasting over it withno power. I eventually figured out if you went off the right hand side of the ramp as opposed to the centre it was much better. I wonder whether there is a bit more damage than just the rips.

Additonally I noticed quite a lot of cars going off on that corner. I know we always have had some going off their, but there seemed to be more this and perhaps the ramp contributed. Or maybe I am imagining things.

As for the night, think we had our worst luck ever, my wheel came off whilst leading the B, despite having checked it before the race. Ben's final ended when his aerial bent back under his rear wing, then got caught in the drive shaft and ripped it off. To top it all offthe wife crashed the car into the garage on the snow/ice!!!

Old 19-01-2013

The ramp will be getting repaired by Jon next Friday, he has worked out what the problem is, he will be putting a sheet of thin plastic between the wood and carpet.

On an other note I thought the standard of racing last night was top notch making for some very close racing.

Thanks to everyone who helped with the track and to the ones who didn't.

Peter