Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Bury Metro

Old 01-08-2008
Stu-Perstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by njc11 View Post
I thought its council owned and you could go anytime??

Ive been up there this afternoon after a disaterous (sp?) sunday a couple of weeks back

The pred is awesome now.. after Nathan's tips at the national.. it wont need much sorting... it will be my thumbs if anything B4 is much better, again after spending some time setting it up at Southport last week.. we only used 3 packs of cells each and we werent up there for long... happy now... roll on Sunday...

Incidently, while we were up there i kicked a load (6) scroats of the rostrum who were pi55ing about... and for your information i always look after my gear and any one elses and will respect Bury metro track as well... i want to see it stay so will not abuse and break your fence or ruin your track! We should have a working party... and put about 30litres of weed killer down and give it all a lick of paint, inc, rostrum, race control etc... sruce it all up!

I gave my 501xwe i run aswell... considering its set up by the book... it was superb but it didnt last for long as it stopped working on investigation wheni got home it was my Brushless LRP motor... its a 4 turn and on opening it up all the magnets are shattered inside any ideas?? send it back? as its the first time ive run it?

On sunday i'll be in my works van, white peugeot partner with City Lock and Safe on it.. so come and introduce yourself please

Jimmy, are you still running your 501x?? if so i would mind a look at it I dont have the one way in mine at the mo, i dont think i'll bother considering how it went today

Cheers

Nick
I dont want this to turn any other way than good racing but as its only me and my Dad that look after the track and we only have 8 members, you going down practicing on a friday without asking. We have spent alot of hard work keeping the track and fixing fences after people climbing over them and breaking them. Yes if you are careful then you might get away with it but as the club funds the fence(not the council) then we buy what the club can afford(cheap). I live 2 mins away and my Dad live around the back of me so all I ask is you or anyone else want to go down then just ask and me or my Dad will come and open he gates and even get the track out. Just a bit of respect A?
Old 02-08-2008
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by woOdy View Post
I dont want this to turn any other way than good racing but as its only me and my Dad that look after the track and we only have 8 members, you going down practicing on a friday without asking. We have spent alot of hard work keeping the track and fixing fences after people climbing over them and breaking them. Yes if you are careful then you might get away with it but as the club funds the fence(not the council) then we buy what the club can afford(cheap). I live 2 mins away and my Dad live around the back of me so all I ask is you or anyone else want to go down then just ask and me or my Dad will come and open he gates and even get the track out. Just a bit of respect A?
Point taken and i will remember for next time.. i didnt think to ask to be honest.. didnt think there would be a problem.. but still i know now

Incidently i think respect is the wrong word to use.. abit of common courtesy??

Anyway, like ive said i have 3 people including myself who are prepared to come and help you out with any maintenance... so just give us the word... i'll bring some weed killer!

See you Sunday... come over and introduce yourself!

Just a little gripe.. im relatively new to this site and have recently got back into rc racing after 15 year break... i have made a few posts on here.. and to be honest especially in this " Bury Metro " forum i have not been met with much friendly chit chat... more of a bollocking.. come on guys if you want people to turn up/ help out be nice to people instead of flameing them

Cheers

Nick
Old 02-08-2008
Stu-Perstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by njc11 View Post
Point taken and i will remember for next time.. i didnt think to ask to be honest.. didnt think there would be a problem.. but still i know now

Incidently i think respect is the wrong word to use.. abit of common courtesy??

Anyway, like ive said i have 3 people including myself who are prepared to come and help you out with any maintenance... so just give us the word... i'll bring some weed killer!

See you Sunday... come over and introduce yourself!

Just a little gripe.. im relatively new to this site and have recently got back into rc racing after 15 year break... i have made a few posts on here.. and to be honest especially in this " Bury Metro " forum i have not been met with much friendly chit chat... more of a bollocking.. come on guys if you want people to turn up/ help out be nice to people instead of flameing them

Cheers

Nick
o

Thanks for that Nick. Yes I do appologise giving you greef but this has been along time before you turned up and I am sorry to take it out on you. I just get peed off that my Dad and me put SO much work into the club and track and nobody comes. Bury club used to be one of the biggest clubs in the country and is one of the oldest. We have a great venue, track and we have had an offer of the council building us a BRAND NEW track. What other club has this offer. As there are only 8 members now, why should we spend the money of the tax payer for a new track for nobody to race on? We would like poeple just help now and again. Last year we had the National I had to get my Mum and my wife to help. Whats that all about? I even got a big marque for people to pit in and there was only me. I even spent money on the rodeo bull which everybody enjoyed but it just fell flat as I didnt even get any new members from it. People tell me that people go to practice for the National but last year the most poeple we had at the club is when we had a North East Regional. Not even in there Region.
Just want some help and people to turn up.
Old 02-08-2008
Lion-O - King of the Thundercats

Send a message via MSN to bigred5765 Send a message via Skype™ to bigred5765

stu just a idea, but new track new start? might be a kick start mate, and if it paid for buy else were why wouldnt you, may be even get a better area, just mho
Old 02-08-2008
oOple Tattoo Dancer!

also woody i know its polatics but why not run a north east regional evey year as i love the track and its ashame i dont live closer
Old 02-08-2008
Mad Member

I understand the situation...

But like ive said, you have 3 people from Stockport who are more than happy to help...

Hopefully with a little enthusiasm from other members as well, we can get this club back on track (excuse the pun! LOL!)

So tell me more about this new offer from the council... that sounds like an offer not to turn down.. (pm me..)

So what do we have to do?? First point of call is to get in touch with local model shops etc, leave details of the club with them so at least potential customers for R/C Cars have somewhere to watch and get hooked on the idea of racing them.. Which in turn, is good for the club, new members and also for the shops as they will sell more gear..

Plus we need to round up existing members, and also recruit new members, those being the ones who turn up to race... give them some incentives etc.. and your on to a winner

First things first, the track itself needs some TLC, lick of paint etc.. it looks abit run down etc at the mo Spruce it up with a new paint job, this might inject a little more interest??

Cheers

Nick
Old 02-08-2008

Default guest / lipo heat

who's running in the guest/lipo heat?
i know theres myself aidan and gary from southport, but who else is planning on running in that heat?
are any of the n.e. lads coming down? maybe give the trucks a run out?