Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 11-01-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to telboy
Default futaba 3vcs spektrum HELP!!

Hi all,

I have been having problems with my radio gear recently, its a futaba 3cvs with a spektrum module. I've suffered some glitching in the last 6 months or so and its slowly getting worse.
the radio is getting on a bit, its probably around 9 years old.

But I have no idea whether it is the transmitter or the module. Does anyone have a spare module to sell OR will there be anyone at the next worksop meeting on the 30th that could lend me a module for this transmitter so that I could find out which is at fault. Or is there anyone who knows me who could send one to me to try? I'm a trusting person....honest. lol

I know its one of the two but have no other way of finding out which until I put another module, and if necesary I don't want to fork out a full 130odd quid on a new module if it isn't that.

If anyone has any other way of finding out without purchasing new spektrum gear, then please let me know.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 11-01-2011
Spends too long on oOple ...

Is it happening in all your cars Tel, or just the one?
Old 11-01-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to telboy

all of them.

After running different cars and different electrics including recievers. I decided to just try a different hand set at worksop if the glitching appeared. It did so ran another spare handset and it worked fine without any glitching.
So it's come down to either the tranny or module.
Hopefully its the module, as this will be cheaper to replace lol
Old 12-01-2011

Hi Terry,
My son has been using a 3 channel Corona 2.4 module and receiver system, in his Futaba VC3 for nearly 2 years now with no problems at all. It has a range of 1,6 Kilometres (if you can see that far). I believe they are for aircraft use primerily but they work fine in all his cars. They are available from FalconsRCS here in the UK (I think in Mexboro'). The complete system is only £32.99. If ordered before 2.00pm you will get it the next day. Suggest you visit their web site at www.falconsrcs.co.uk and see for yourself. Hope this is of interest. RoyBoy
Old 12-01-2011

Is there a cap on the receiver?

I used a spektrum module for about 3 weels in my 3VCS, eventually got rid and went for the futaba system which just works, might be worth considering, think someone had a module and receiver in the for sale section here for a silly cheap price.