Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Vintage RC

Old 25-01-2011

Default xxcr front bulkhead

Ran my xxcr for the first time on sunday 2 laps in bulkhead shatter!
ive heard they are a weak spot but are they really that weak as mine failed with a simple roll.
Have got hold of a couple of the white ones from the states which I read are stronger than the original black, racing again this weekend with my only spare black one, my main concern is the white ones wont be here in time for back up and are they really any better as this cant be correct and will the black make it through the day, seems a real shame as the old girl was slicing its way through the field with ease
Old 27-01-2011

Well, I probably raced by XX for about 5 years week-in, week-out, back in the day & I never broke the front bulkhead... in fact the only part that I can remeber breaking was the rear 'T' shaped pivot plate on the original XX configuration, they were strong buggies! I can only think that either the part has become brittle with age, had already been weakened by a previous shunt or was under 'stress' due to having screws either over tightened into it or the 'teeth' where the pivot pin goes through for the 'X' plate were not de-burred properly???

Where did it break? - I can remember perhaps one or two of the bulkheads on my friend's Losi XXs but I think each time it was where the teethed part interlocks with the top brace as described above.