Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Ansmann Racing

Old 27-03-2012

Default ansmann racing team for 2012?

anyone got any news on wether there will be a factory team for the 2012 season, what with the top drivers moving on?
Old 27-03-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carty View Post
anyone got any news on wether there will be a factory team for the 2012 season, what with the top drivers moving on?
Doubt it
Old 28-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by carty View Post
Clearly Ansmann aren't interested in racing!!

I'd keep an eye on Absima getting a team they're the Eurpoe Team C dealer now.
Old 28-03-2012

Yes theres a team but no team leader as yet
Old 28-03-2012
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameo View Post
Clearly Ansmann aren't interested in racing!!

I'd keep an eye on Absima getting a team they're the Eurpoe Team C dealer now.
look at SMD for team c in the uk.......nuff said
Old 29-03-2012

Coming soon has been up since late jan has anyone tryed to order anything ???
Old 29-03-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrighty View Post
Coming soon has been up since late jan has anyone tryed to order anything ???
We (Telstar Racing) have a SMD account, we are waiting for our first order to arrive. Front Shock Shafts, Kick Up Plates, Spur Gears, Idles Gears, Wheels, Rear Towers.

What else breaks of the TC02C/X2C? The only thing i've broke is the kick up plate so far.
Old 29-03-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I currently have most of the common ansmann parts in stock.

have a smd account too, just sorting some parts out for an order..

Schumacher Cat Xls, Rc10 Team(retired), Mardave Cobra, SST 98 Rally Car, TT02 Rally car, Wpl-c24 and Element Enduro builders kit #71 #deaddogracing

Autocare, unit 5 candleby Court, Cotgrave NG123RT.
Old 29-03-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattybucks View Post
We (Telstar Racing) have a SMD account, we are waiting for our first order to arrive. Front Shock Shafts, Kick Up Plates, Spur Gears, Idles Gears, Wheels, Rear Towers.

What else breaks of the TC02C/X2C? The only thing i've broke is the kick up plate so far.
your right, not much else breaks (unless its cold - hey Rob )

Schumacher Cat Xls, Rc10 Team(retired), Mardave Cobra, SST 98 Rally Car, TT02 Rally car, Wpl-c24 and Element Enduro builders kit #71 #deaddogracing

Old 29-03-2012

Default ansmann parts

if you have a sponsored drive through ansmann there no problems they are still going to back everone just the same as it was i spoke to shaune yesterday just because the top drivers have left the company has not fell apart its not just all about the best drivers all the time
Old 29-03-2012
Thieving scumbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattybucks View Post

And i will be solving that bit within the next few weeks
Old 29-03-2012

Default ansmann

what you want to solve
Old 29-03-2012
Mad Member

The front kickup plate I think.
Old 29-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by les View Post
if you have a sponsored drive through ansmann there no problems they are still going to back everone just the same as it was i spoke to shaune yesterday just because the top drivers have left the company has not fell apart its not just all about the best drivers all the time
I sort of agree however I have 2 questions.
1. Why did they all "Leave"?
2. Who do you turn to for technical advice (or development) or setup support if the chassis has none of the "best" drivers using it?

Ansmann = NOT serious about the racer!
Old 29-03-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameo View Post
I sort of agree however I have 2 questions.
1. Why did they all "Leave"?
2. Who do you turn to for technical advice (or development) or setup support if the chassis has none of the "best" drivers using it?

Ansmann = NOT serious about the racer!
1. Drivers move from team to team all the time, just ansmann have lost 3 in as many months

2. We the ansmann drivers support each other, pass idea's around the pits and on here

Ansmann might not be but we as ansmann drivers ARE..

Old 29-03-2012
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to Tom3012

Having driven the ansmann cars for a year and a bit ive gotten to know them pretty well... Definately not the best driver out there but happy to answer anyones questions as i know the cars very well as do many of the other guys on here...

May not have any national A finalists but id like to think some of us other team drivers are just as good with regards to giving advice

Atomic Carbon S2, S44, Vega B4.1

Trader feedback: http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19374
Old 30-03-2012

Im driving the X8 and X2C this year at lots of race meetings big and small,
i will echo whats been said, us team drivers do take our racing seriously, but also we try to have fun and a laugh
Old 01-04-2012

How can you say Ansmann "aren't interested in racing".. if they weren't interested why have the put a 2012 team together & seem to be winning loads in Europe? Just because the Woods & the Moss's have left, doesn't mean they don't still have a team.. they do, it's just the team has been picked from team drivers from all abilities & the ones who remain most active are not the people who win A-finals are big events all the time.

This is just my own opinion, but at the end of the day it's about getting the car seen by people who want to race at clubs or come into the hobby & haven't got £400 to spend on a Durango or Losi etc & not just about who has their team drivers names in RRCi the most as let's face it, the club scene is where Ansmann are pointing until they get established & taken seriously as a race team - a bit like Tamiya, most people i know from RC all say they started buying budget priced Tamiya's as that is the name people trust, Ansmann it seems want a piece of that pie as let's face it, you are looking at nearly £200 just to buy a basic Tamiya buggy & put it together these days, Ansmann do the lot with an RTR brushed mad-rat starting from about £120 (less if you shop around) & what are the kids going to want, a £200 "racing" car that you can't really race as it's just not competitive unless you are club racing among similar cars or a £120 car that with the right tackle can be just as competitive as anything you see at a national? Shaun seems to know what he is doing & i'm sure has a plan.. at the end of the day it's about money for him & if club racers are buying cars & introducing new racers to the brand & they are buying cars on the strength of it i'm sure that is what he wants.. word of mouth to promote the brand & good sales each year rather than a trophy cabinet full of shining cups, but no money in the bank account to show for it.

Ansmann are still a new brand in the RC game & a new team, it's not all going to be trophies & a-finals until the team has settled down for a couple of years & bedded in & it's the same story when the Losi's & Associated 1st came onto the market & put teams together to represent the brand i'm sure they had similar problems getting their brand to be taken seriously.

Soap box now put away.
Old 01-04-2012

just a quick question, how do you get noticed as a good driver and get sponsored?
--->Seller Feedback<---
Old 01-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hpi_guy View Post
just a quick question, how do you get noticed as a good driver and get sponsored?
I wouldn't say i was everybody's idea of a "good" driver, i have a degree of success at club winning championships etc but seem to hover around low finals in the likes of nationals & the like, sometimes it's not about being a "good driver" in the conventional sense of getting good results & collecting trophies like confetti at the top level, but for someone of my ability it's about being approachable when people ask questions about what i race & how i set the car up etc or going over to their car & setting up it for them etc & generally promoting the brand & the products.. This is what Ansmann want as Team drivers, that is what Stu said to everyone at Southport at the test day last year & what Chris Clark (the Ansmann rep) has pretty much confirmed & said to me when i've pitted with him or seen him in the shops.

To me a lot of people see sponsorship as a way of getting something for nothing, me personally i see it as a way of helping someone out by looking after your sponsors so your sponsor (or whoever name you have on the car) looks after you. It's not sponsorship, but a means of support or a helping hand.