Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Multicopters & Flight

Old 23-06-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Default Gimbals.

I've bought a few super cheap parts to make a SSG (Super Simple Gimbal) but if it doesn't not work really well - then this looks the dogs nuts for the coin

http://www.rtfdrones.co.uk/product/a...tor-gimbal-v3/

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1881497

Custom Painted Bodyshells by me ! www.shillyshells.co.uk

http://www.shillyshells.co.uk
Old 26-06-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

To add to the mix - Team Blacksheep have announced a Gimbal for the TBS Discovery - this looks interesting....

http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread....bal-quadcopter

Old 26-06-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by andys View Post
To add to the mix - Team Blacksheep have announced a Gimbal for the TBS Discovery - this looks interesting....

http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread....bal-quadcopter
That's my choice right there^.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 29-06-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Decided to build my SSG (super simple gimbal) as my 2 micro servos arrived today.

Very impressed with it - still needs a bit of work - but overall it's miles better than mounting the keychain camera to the quad as it pretty much maintains the horizon line as opposed to making you feel very ill whilst watching the video back.

I had to put on firmware 1.6 for the KK2, with the SSG mod for it to work - but then it works a treat

Wiring is a real mess at the moment as the servo leads only just reach the board

Piccy:

Nice.

Old 29-06-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

New props and LED's too i see ;-)
looking forward to the improved footage.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 01-07-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

TBS Discovery Pro video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2W3CB4bi_ts

This has got to be the frame setup to have...

No pricing at yet, but it's expected to be under $700 for the frame and gimbal!
Old 01-07-2013
RHR RACING

Send a message via MSN to James

Preorders are live at 3pm UK time today...
Old 01-07-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
Preorders are live at 3pm UK time today...
Don't tell me that...

I'm going to see how you get on with yours first ;-)
Old 01-07-2013
RHR RACING

lol they're not shipping until the end of the month and its direct from Honk Kong so there'll probably be import tax to pay.. I'll do more with mine first and maybe take a look at one when they've been out a little while..
Old 01-07-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
lol they're not shipping until the end of the month and its direct from Honk Kong so there'll probably be import tax to pay.. I'll do more with mine first and maybe take a look at one when they've been out a little while..
Yeah, probably best. I was just about to order the regular TBS discovery frame to get my gopro on, then buy up the bits for an FPV setup. Then i'll look to get one of these, once the first run is sold, get any issues ironed out, and they are available directly in the UK.
Old 01-07-2013
RHR RACING

Yeah agreed.. My 650 is now a beast it's got so much stuff on it, personally I preferred the way the 450 flew so I think a happy compromise will be the tbs pro and bigger motors, I like the agility of the smaller quads..
Old 01-07-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

$599.95: http://team-blacksheep.com/products/prod:discopro

or £479 in UK: http://quadcopters.co.uk/tbs-discove...-kit-821-p.asp

I'll wait for batch 2. Still looks a fantastic bit of kit.
Old 01-07-2013

looks nice that tbs. Still unsure which gimbal to get for my 550?
Old 01-07-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Are there any proper pictures of the TBS Pro?

I think i'll wait though - i'm keen to build my 450 now I (almost) have all the parts.
As we have all said / thought, the price of brushless gimbals is sure to really drop soon, so i'm going to hang on for that too

Also - the DJI Naza Lite - what an amazing price! Can't decide if I should stick with the KK2 as it's so easy to change stuff with the lcd, or jump onto the Naza wagon....

I think i'll wait too - it's a lot of cash!

Old 01-07-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Old 01-07-2013

Ive slimmed my gimbal list down to the aeroxcraft GoPro Hero3 Brushless Gimbal and the cm2000v3. Both priced at £260.
Do you think prices are still going to drop or should i just press the buy button on one of the above?!
Old 01-07-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

TBS looks nice - I like the design of the gimbal / anti vibration mount.

Gimbals - who knows on price - look at the Naza - the 'lite' version is around half the price the original Naza + Gps was a few weeks ago.

There seems to be some real momentum to the whole ariel filming lark - so I for one am sticking with my SSG (about £20 all in) and waiting until it all settles down. At that point i'll probably buy the TBS kit with the gimbal is it's proven to be a real winner

Old 01-07-2013

spidex with brushless gimbal

Custom Shell Airbrushing - Outlaw Graphics

Old 04-07-2013

Thank you for a well written post, it really made me think.swisher sweets
Old 04-07-2013
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by northernmonkey View Post
Ive slimmed my gimbal list down to the aeroxcraft GoPro Hero3 Brushless Gimbal and the cm2000v3. Both priced at £260.
Do you think prices are still going to drop or should i just press the buy button on one of the above?!
I personally have the Yun-1 and the rctimer - so one a lot more than you're price range, and one a lot less. I found the rctimer with their own martinez board just didn't work nicely on 7.4v, it really is a different story with 3s however. I didn't manage to adjust the settings yet - it just wouldn't write them no matter what I did. I need to give it another try really. It tends to over or under compensate - it doesn't remain perfectly flat.
The Yun-1 is magic.

The alexmos board which the yun-1 uses is a better board - but on it's own probably costs £150?!? The Martinez boards are all much cheaper than this.

For my helicopter gimbal (a big one) and my hand-held rig, I will use the 3-axis alexmos board that's just starting to be released. But it aint cheap, I think I paid around £200 for it.

I'm a Gimbaholic.