Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Multicopters & Flight

Old 18-02-2014

Default Brushless conversion

Okay so I cant do a quad just yet, but I do have a decent sized co-axial that I enjoy, but I would really like to expand on its basic performance.

Is it as easy as switching out the motor and esc and loading a decent lipo for power?

The co-axial is never going to be as agile as a quad, but those who have seen me drive RC would agree this isnt a bad thing maybe. Extended flight times and ability to carry a camera would be nice and Ive even spotted something in Maplins that opens the chance of some recorded flight.
I have an FPV camera thats dying to get airborne too.
Old 18-02-2014
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

Depending on you co-ax, the answer is 99% no.
Usually the esc's and receiver are built into a single control board, so you'd have to isolate the brushed ones and find a way of making the signal get to the new ones.
TBH I wouldn't even bother with anything co-ax. I have a pretty big one and it flies like a big stinking pile of crap compared to even a basic 4 channel with flybar (and will not handle even a mild breeze).
My advice? buy one of these (if you want a copter) to get you hooked: http://www.banggood.com/WLtoys-V912-...e-p-75662.html

or one of these for a starter quad: http://www.banggood.com/WLtoys-V222-...r-p-75386.html

BTW this is a control board similar to what I assume is in your co-ax

That is the one that's in my 912 - built in receiver, and 2 esc's
Old 18-02-2014

I assumed Ide be binning most of the internals Col?
So that left me supplying two new motors and some sort of flight board to feed them with. Add two lipo compatible esc's and I thought I wouldnt be that far off.

I have a Honeybee Im working up to, shortly before my funeral plan matures I should think!

BTW did you see that doc on PBA last night re drones?
Was enjoying that right up tp the point where a quad slowly hovers over some bird, to which my wife looks round with a " oh right...I get it all now!