Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 12th & 10th On Road

Old 23-10-2015

Smile Current best motor for GT12...

I know this has been discussed before but I was wondering if opinions have changed. I currently run a 13.5T Tekin Gen 2 Redline, controversial I know but I like it. Any input on current state of play of the perceived best motor on the market for GT12 racing?

Thanks in advance!
Old 23-10-2015

Trinity D4 Maxzilla. The new Reedy SS Mach3 is very good too!
Old 23-10-2015
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Simply there is no best motor, the idea of a spec motor is they are built strict specification, if anything is not within that spec it's not made legal. All the motors can win, just find I w sweet spot on timing and mmpr.
There are many people who get drawn in by the latest is the best, they are no better.
Old 23-10-2015

I`ve seen the very much cheaper Trackstar combo easily beat all the top end motor/esc brands costing 3/4 times as much at my club. I imagine that a given Motor might give a slight edge over another . The weakest link is always the driver
Old 23-10-2015
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by superx View Post
I`ve seen the very much cheaper Trackstar combo easily beat all the top end motor/esc brands costing 3/4 times as much at my club. I imagine that a given Motor might give a slight edge over another . The weakest link is always the driver
the only problem with that combo is the motor is not brca legal, and many clubs keep to the brca list
Old 23-10-2015

That`s what attacks some many racers to GT12 . Its not so much about the equipment but drivers skills. The cars are very evenly matched no matter whats under the shell. Picking a good line , consistency is what counts. Go wide on a few corners and you know you have lost time ... The trackstar motor is cheap and great for new comers and people wanting cheaper racing. I can`t imagine many clubs meetings turning you away if you have got one in your car. Its no better or worse than any other motor.
Old 24-10-2015
Mad Member

It's best to keep up with the latest designs every couple or seasons or so, but as others have said don't sweat it. Club racers seem to love the Trackstar, and the current ones that either say short stack or 1S get a good press.

If you're going to invest for a couple of seasons - and in 1S the motor when geared right is hardly getting much stress - then I would say you should look at the slightly costlier ones with a good brand name. Having said that you could get get two lower cost ones for the price of one brand name.

Pick one you like and race - getting your lines right will give more time than any motor. HTH