Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > BRCA Nationals & Regionals > Mid South

Old 27-05-2015

Default MidSouth 2wd/4wd Regional-round 2 / 3 - Herts Nitro (Electric) Model Club - May 31st

BRCA Mid South 2wd / 4wd Regional - round 2 / 3
HNMC - Ware - Sunday 31st May

Venue

The venue for this round is the Herts nitro (electric) model car club, located here:
Westmill Farm, A602,Ware, Hertfordshire, SG12 0ES

google map here: http://www.hertsnitromodelclub.co.uk/index.php?ID=5

I cant say just how easy this place is to find, the westmill farm entrance is really big and obvious (its a pretty big complex). the entrance is probably no more than 500 - 600 meters away from the round about once you leave the A10. once you turn in, you will immediately look to the right and see both tracks. you can turn right into the field and pit anywhere, but please do not park next to the indoor pitting, please drop off your stuff and move your card into the field.

Times
The Track is open 24x7 (light permitting ) but the gates are always open so you can turn up as early you like. Practise will start 8am promptly and will be done in heat order. heat 1 will start at 8am. you'll get 3 minutes timed practise and there will be 2 rounds.

Track will be closed up to the start of practice at 8am

We will follow the fairly standard layout for the day, so it will be 4 qualifiers followed by a short break and 1 final for all and 3 finals for the lucky a-finalists

We have a plan laid out for the day as per the Silverstone event. practise will start at 8 on the dot and we expect racing to begin between 9.50 and 10. this should mean we finish qualifying at 15.12 with finals starting at 15.40 and we should be done by 17.45.

A more detailed plan will be available on the day, but we reserve the right to gain time where possible to allow for delays or going home earlier, so please treat it as a ROUGH(!) guide

Cost and Booking In
The cost to race for those who are pre-booked is £10. Limited booking in on the day may be available at the cost of £15. We cannot accept entries from drivers in a class where they are competing in another region. similarly there will be no open classes, but if you're racing that class in another region so you can still join in

All booking in is on the DMS Results website here - www.dmsresults.co.uk At the time of writing, there is 2 hours left to book in, but entrants can also be viewed here.

Facilities and Track
The track is 100% astro. Only Mini spikes are usable, ballistic or Schmacher.

Theres LOADS of pitting space (literally a whole field ) but there is now a larger covered area for pitting with power and lighting 10 meters away from the track between the electric and nitro tracks. Tables are there, but no chairs.

I would suggest bringing tables and chairs just in case.

Please place generators with consideration for others if you use one.

the burger van behind race control will be open on the sunday. Snacks can also be purchased in the complex on site and there is a McDonalds less than 5 minutes away at the hertford turn off on the A10 (and BP station)

Camping: all camping, whether it is a tent, motor home or caravan will cost £12.50 and you can arrive anytime after 10am on the saturday. there is a shower block (nearly brand new) there and lots of facilities etc. (prices may differ slightly, i haven't checked this year)

Our shop wont be open but im sure we'll have the usual suspects DMS in attendance

As per BRCA rules, all LIPO batteries being charged MUST be inside a recognised LIPO sack (or similiar), anyone found not using one will be asked to leave (you have been warned)...

PT's must be used. We are on RC3 so purcie's will NOT work.

Trophies will be awarded for overall TQ, 1st 2nd and 3rd for the A final and first place in all regional finals, as well as top Jnr. there are no trophies for the open classes. If you need to leave straight after the final and you've won, please pop over to race control and we'll get your trophy for you then

Limited spaces still available to pre-book for those who not yet entered.........

Booking In - www.dmsresults.co.uk
Club Website - http://www.hertsnitromodelclub.co.uk

Any questions can be posted here, or feel free to PM if you need to

Hope to see lots of you there!
Old 27-05-2015

reserving post space for track pic and heat listing on Saturday.
Old 27-05-2015

Motors and lipos BRCA approved??
Old 27-05-2015

Hl just wondering at the moment the weather not looking good when does someone make a decision about this please
Old 27-05-2015
Mad Member

Weather not looking that bad, latest forecast dry till 1pm. Guessing you didn't do the 4wd regional last year. That was proper wet!
Old 27-05-2015

No mate new to this?
Old 27-05-2015

I'm waiting for my new personal transponder to arrive but it may not.
Are there any club ones I could use please?
Old 28-05-2015

Hi Guys,

I'll answer all your points in the one post:

Guiness: Yes, all BRCA events stipulate that fact. We're not going to check every single car, but during scrutineering, we'll randomly be checking cars.

AntRC: The track handles water well, only if we really a lot of continuous rain would the track be unusable. looking at the forecast we should be fine from that perspective. we may need some stops if the rain becomes so bad, we certainly have enough time to get the minimum rounds of qualifying in for a result.

if the weather forecast did turn for the very very worst and we have torrential rain all weekend and forecast to continue into sunday, we could make a decision saturday night, but that looks like it really wont be necessary

SteveT: we do have 2 or 3 club transponders, but for their age, you would be using them at your own risk. the shop normally has some for sale, would you like me to keep a couple of new transponders with me on the day? you could purchase one of ours and return the new one i guess.

HTH guys

regards

HNMC Team
Old 28-05-2015

Thanks for your help
Old 29-05-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSloth View Post
Hi Guys,

I'll answer all your points in the one post:

Guiness: Yes, all BRCA events stipulate that fact. We're not going to check every single car, but during scrutineering, we'll randomly be checking cars.

AntRC: The track handles water well, only if we really a lot of continuous rain would the track be unusable. looking at the forecast we should be fine from that perspective. we may need some stops if the rain becomes so bad, we certainly have enough time to get the minimum rounds of qualifying in for a result.

if the weather forecast did turn for the very very worst and we have torrential rain all weekend and forecast to continue into sunday, we could make a decision saturday night, but that looks like it really wont be necessary

SteveT: we do have 2 or 3 club transponders, but for their age, you would be using them at your own risk. the shop normally has some for sale, would you like me to keep a couple of new transponders with me on the day? you could purchase one of ours and return the new one i guess.

HTH guys

regards

HNMC Team
Guys,

Thank you for the offer, but a friend has stepped into help so I won't need you to save a transponder from the shop.
Old 29-05-2015

Default PT details.

Hi Ian,
My 4WD PT is correct 2370458 but please change my 2WD PT to 2628890.

Thanks,
James.
Old 30-05-2015

Matt Keene PT alterations:
2WD 8973028
4WD 2194755
Old 01-06-2015
Mad Member

Results from yesterday can be found here http://torchracing.co.uk/results/Reg...mtg2/heats.htm
Old 01-06-2015
Mad Member

Default Great days racing

Just to say a big thanks to all of the Hertz team for putting on a great days racing all be it wet .

Well run and smooth, great track layout.

Keep it up guys