Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Newcastle RC Racers

Old 16-09-2014

Default Whats the club regs?

Hi,

Whats the clubs regulations on car specs other than 1/10th?

Ive had a little 1/18th for around a month and a bit that i have been bashing around my local back street in shiremoor and and local carparks, but now i would like to have a go on a track and be a bit competative.

Obviousley i cant bring my 1/18th down and race with that (even though im pretty sure it would be quick enough ) so i am interested if there are any guidelines i need to stick to other than scale.

Might pop down next monday and have a look around, do i still need to pay as a spectator for the night?

oh and howdy
Old 17-09-2014

Please do pop along. We run 1/10th electric buggies and Touring.
Buggies are un-restricted motor wise other than by how much power you can handle on a wooden floor while for TC's we prefer 13.5T pr 10.5T brushless motors.
Hope to see you Monday.
Feel free to bring your 18th along - you can have a quick run around the track between races or before we start the first heat - or maybe even join in with the buggy lads if you want to take the risk!!!!
Old 17-09-2014

Great, now i can start having a look around at a car to buy.

I just need to decide if i want to go TC or buggy, im going to guess that buggy will be the the cheapest way to go just so that i can try it out and get used to navigating a track.

What sort of cars are the guys using to race atm?

Bringing the 18th along sounds like an interesting idea, not sure how well it will cope on the wooden floor mind, might have to swop the 3s out and put the NiMh back in so that its not so tourqey as it is atm. I think there would be far to much unusable power in its current config

If i enjoy it and start coming regularly i may have your youngest member in around a years time, will have to see how he gets on with his little toy rc that his getting for his birthday this weekend

Last edited by Renllek; 17-09-2014 at 03:53 PM.
Old 18-09-2014

Well have got a cheap 10th ordered, its a RTR quantum vandal which is basically a rebranded FTX vantage.

Got that and a pair of 4000mAh 2s zippy hardcase lipos, new for £102 delivered.

Its nothing amazing i know but didnt want to fork out to much incase i just dont get the hang of it.

They might even get here by monday
Old 23-09-2014

Good to see you there last night James. All up and running for next Monday then?
Old 23-09-2014

Aye it was nice to come along, just sitting here telling the OH about how much i enjoyed the night and mentioned your userame! she gave me a funny look and then said 'lazysurfer?'

I thought i recognised you, hows Sarah these days and sharon said hello so what you doing now the bay has pretty muched closed down or you both not bothered

got some new wheels on order and some non 'hollywood' tires

Need to have a look at the front diff as there is some SERIOUS slop in it, the back is not to bad but still could do with some looking at!

Also noticed a sound like slipping teeth on very light throttle from stand still, will have stripdown sometime this week and get familiar with with the car.

Last edited by Renllek; 23-09-2014 at 10:48 PM.
Old 24-09-2014

Ha ha. Same here Mate. You looked familiar and I was more suspicious when you said you were called James but wasn't sure and couldn't place you. Think we both had a bit more hair last time. Put 2+2 together when I got home and seen Garfield's status about the bairn's birthday. Catch you next week :-)
Old 28-09-2014

well made a purchase of a new motor and ESC, somthing a little more refined than whats in there at the moment. I know it wont make me the next 10th world champ but its something that i can move into the next car once i get a little better. This wont be here until after monday which is no problem as i still need to learn get round the track without hitting the barrier!

Picked up a set of schumacher yellow min pins so hopefully this will help and also not sound like a hollywood car in a high speed chase on grass!!