Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > LRP

Old 25-04-2010
Mad Member

Default Not very happy

Only got the car on monday,

It had some brief but rigorous shakedown on Thursday (2 batt packs)

On Friday evening, indoor racing, snapped a front hub
I noticed on Saturday the front shocktower had a break in it in the same place as I had seen another break.
Sunday, racing at the ME regional, 2nd practice, snap the steering rack, we fix it with some thin ally and it snaps again on the 2nd round

So far this car seems very weak, I've had no major crashes or particularly bad landings, yet the car just doesn't seem to like it very much! The plastic it's made out of is uber rubbish!

Also the drivetrain seems very tight, but I can't see anything wrong, its making loads more noise than any of the other Blasts which were running today
Old 25-04-2010

How did the other blasts handle the track ?

I gave mine a pretty good workout today, the first indoor run it's had and it coped quite well. The suspension is a bit soft so I'll need to look into that, not sure where to get big bore springs though.

Over all though it handled our 20cm jumps and our rumble section well...got some nice air actually

The overall handling was quite good. Had great flight control and was landing most jumps flat on all four wheels, which of course is far better for any cars survival I did have some real big wipe outs due mainly too other car collision and did a tipple corner to corner roll, bounced all over the place...noting seams broke on first inspection...

I'm still a bit concerned about it's drive shaft/servo issue. But after adjusting the motor slightly on the spur it sounded and drove far better.

J

ANVIL-GFX
Old 25-04-2010
Mad Member

Mine handled alright after we drilled out the pistons, none of the holes were the same size!!!

I saw 3 others, 2 looked like they were near enough out the box I think, the 3rd didn't really see a great deal of, but was in the b or c final I think
Old 26-04-2010

Was at the south miss regioanal with mine at PDA.
it well well there to much front end grip though.
It did break when trying to do a double and out it into the podium
not my best idea! But only did a rear hub in the end.
The car seems very strong. Handled big table tops with no probs!
Oli
Old 26-04-2010

Default Happy

You bought was is effectivly a £99 RTR car and you broke a few things RACING ! at speed ! and your not happy.

What about all of those that bought a £450 durango ( including me ! )and suffered exploding drive shafts ? hmmm should we be suicidal ?

Weight loss only requires one frame of mind
" DO OR DO NOT ! THERE IS NO TRY "
Old 26-04-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to blitzboy

will admit gutys these kits are pritty good for the money , my mate had his first regional at the weekend with his and after borrowing some rims and tyres it went prity well but he did break a rear hub lost a drive shaft and the standard spec speedo was nt up to the job until i added a cooling fan and chilled the motor for his final but all in all still looking at what need to be changed but for now it looks good value for money to me .... anyone tried changing the spur to 48 dp yet and what rims are you all using , i know the wheels we borrowed were kyosho but need more details please , i ve tried changin g the spur with kyosho zx 5 ones and b4 and b max but no luck yet

http://www.customblitz.co.uk
Email:graham@customblitz.co.uk

Old 26-04-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondy View Post
You bought was is effectivly a £99 RTR car and you broke a few things RACING ! at speed ! and your not happy.

What about all of those that bought a £450 durango ( including me ! )and suffered exploding drive shafts ? hmmm should we be suicidal ?
Im not happy at the fact it has been breaking for no real reason! I haven't had any heavy impacts or bad crashes!
Old 26-04-2010

I had bad landings and knocks on my 1st buggy which is the blast, have taken all the rtr electronics off and put on Xerun 120a esc and a 5.5t brushless sensorless motor and next i wanna change the servo cos the original ones seems not align everytime. after many hard bad landings and knocks, i only manage to have a crack on the front brace and ofcourse my pinion and spur was stripped. I am still confused on my fdr's and esc setting to be used. Is the original pinion and spur 48p or 0.6? What is the original internal gear ratio of this chassis?
Old 30-04-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by antnee View Post
Only got the car on monday,

Sunday, racing at the ME regional, 2nd practice, snap the steering rack, we fix it with some thin ally and it snaps again on the 2nd round
That was running with Lazer Hubs though as you had broken the standard one on friday and couldn't get a replacement, they might have screwed up the steering geometry which put extra strain on the steering rack. Could be the end points were set too high as well.

At the end of the day Ant it's a new car, things will break and I am sure that LRP will look into strengthening items as and when they break. Doesn't matter how much protoype testing you do, joe public is still going to give it more of a strength test than your highly skilled team drivers will do. Remember they are radio controlled cars they don't come with NCAP saftey ratings

Robert Jaques, Schumacher Racing KC, K2. Team Associated SC5M

"The Japanese Sniper"

Team Autocare & Cycles
Old 30-04-2010
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by antnee View Post
Im not happy at the fact it has been breaking for no real reason! I haven't had any heavy impacts or bad crashes!
Seems that people's memories are never as good as they'd like to suggest
Old 30-04-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketrob View Post

Seems that people's memories are never as good as they'd like to suggest

Ant it looks like you a well known over the pond

TRADE FEED BACK.... http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34486