Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > The PlayGround

Old 07-04-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by telboy View Post
Don't the fire extinuisher come on automaitcally when it detects faults/fire/smoke?
Sure that they said that it was the battery melting which caused most of the smoke. Nice! Kimi was probably hitting the radio buton, telling the team that he couldn't breathe!
Well I didn`t hear/read anything official yet, maybe I missed it. There`a lot going on in F1 at the moment now the McLaren hearing. He reached down with his left hand on the straight, right down into the tub, then boom the smoke was on. Could have been something different though, with which hand did the Ferrari driver adjust the brake balance? Anyway Ferrari`s KERS does not seem to be very reliable. Raikkonen`s problem in the race was a KERS isolation problem, IN THE RAIN WITH KIMI SITTING IN A BATHTUB that can`t be good!
Old 07-04-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Southwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjr14 View Post
Well I didn`t hear/read anything official yet, maybe I missed it. There`a lot going on in F1 at the moment now the McLaren hearing. He reached down with his left hand on the straight, right down into the tub, then boom the smoke was on. Could have been something different though, with which hand did the Ferrari driver adjust the brake balance? Anyway Ferrari`s KERS does not seem to be very reliable. Raikkonen`s problem in the race was a KERS isolation problem, IN THE RAIN WITH KIMI SITTING IN A BATHTUB that can`t be good!
That is for the brake bias, the extinguisher is automatic.
Old 07-04-2009

Was just able to see it again, and yes your absolutely right. It´s the brake balance thingy, didn`t remember that correctly. Clearly the extinguisher is automatic, but I would have thought they also have a button for manual use inside the cockpit??? Does anybody know?
Old 07-04-2009
Lee-Mag

They will have a manual release for the extinguisher but to be honest the automated system will react faster than any human

SUPER SEED

I am getting my own oOple blog !!!

Paint by www.Mikovic.com
Old 08-04-2009
Mad Member

Well I know for a fact that it was his batteries that were smoking not an extinguisher...