Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Yokomo

Old 04-04-2016

Default YZ2 Spares?

Hey guys, haven't owned a yok for around 15 years since my MR4TC back in the day <3

Now very, very tempted by the YZ2 CA and I'm 99% sure that the order will be in place this evening, just wondering if there's any recommendations on common spares.....wishbones and hubs I'm guessing?!?

Ta much in advance
Old 04-04-2016

Rear wishbones, rear hinge pins, front plastic bulkhead are common bits to go.

Modelsport UK Race Team | Schumacher KC
Old 04-04-2016
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to danDanEFC

Don't go too mad, if there are yok drivers at your local track they will probably help you out.
Old 05-04-2016
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Jim breaks rear wishbones for fun. I've done maybe one, and never a front bulkhead? I'd say get spare plastic ball ends, and rear hubs, if you don't intend to upgrade to the alloy hubs. I've seen ball studs rip out of the plastic hubs. I replace the topshaft bearings with higher quality ones from new, and I'd keep a spare idler gear, as the one against topshaft wears. oh CA kit has the new larger idler, so no experience of how that wears as yet.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 05-04-2016

Haha you just don't go fast enough to break them Neal. There were two people who did rear wish bones on Sunday so I can't be too wrong.

Yes rear hubs too unless you're upgrading to alloy. If you upgrade the bearings to Avid and they'll last for ages

Modelsport UK Race Team | Schumacher KC
Old 05-04-2016

Thanks for this guy's, as predicted I did indeed place the order last night with MB Models, looking forward to the build this weekend now

Thanks again, looking forward to going back to a Yok
Old 05-04-2016

You will not be disappointed. Enjoy the build and happy racing.
Old 05-04-2016
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to danDanEFC

Loads of alloy in the kit, so make sure you have loads of threadlock.
Old 05-04-2016
Mad Member

I'll 2nd that. My only dnf to date was a steering ball joint working loose. Thread lock is a must

Yokomo YZ-2

No 4WD because nothing lives up to my original Optima. Until now maybe?...

Last edited by Ashlandchris; 05-04-2016 at 08:49 PM. Reason: Hmm. Wonder why my iPad thought I wanted to type threw, rather than thread?
Old 05-04-2016

Haven't broken a thing on my YZ-2 in over a year of competitive racing indoors (including the full Worksop championship) and outdoors (club racing & BRCA regional events). So I guess it depends on what sort of driver you are as to what spares you'll need. The only thing I've replaced is the rear wing after the original one got a bit tatty.

In The Pits: Yokomo R12C, Yokomo MR4-TC Custom, Yokomo MR4-TC Pro, Yokomo MR4-Rally, Tamiya Blitzer Beetle, Tamiya M05.

Driven: Race Red Fiesta ST
Old 08-04-2016

Thanks for all your replies guys, looking forward to building the kit over the weekend - have had a look through the manual and the parts, seems a nice bit of kit as I remember from my history with Yoks.

One thing that interested me was putting grease in the diff outdrives - presume that this slows wear of outdrives and driveshafts?
Old 08-04-2016
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizz View Post
Thanks for all your replies guys, looking forward to building the kit over the weekend - have had a look through the manual and the parts, seems a nice bit of kit as I remember from my history with Yoks.

One thing that interested me was putting grease in the diff outdrives - presume that this slows wear of outdrives and driveshafts?
it just keeps them free from binding up. you don't need much. if you run on a sandy track, with too much grease it'll become cutting paste and wear them out more. just keep them clean.

enjoy the build.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------