Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > International fOrums > Ireland

Old 06-02-2012
Mad Member

Default 2012 Irish National Championship chat

The dates are now posted in the Official thread. Well done to the committee for organising what will be the biggest championship for many years.

Many long discusions have taken place over the last 2 months whilst formatting the series. Here are some of the key developments for 2012;
  1. To ensure the largest possible entry at the events, to facilitate drivers who can only race one day a week, to ensure that an adequate amount of marshals are available at each event, to keep the amount of weekends used up by the championship to a minimum, and to minimise date conflicts with other high profile events/championships and after a lengthy consultation with the committees from some of the clubs participating - it was proposed and unanamously passed that 2wd and 4wd should take place on the same day. The timing of the events will be sympathetic to those running two classes with a small break both between 2wd and 4wd races and the end of each round.
  2. To re-introduce Northern Ireland into the series and to promote the sport in the region, NIMCC (Ballymena) will host Round 2. The track (Astroturf) has recently gone through alot of maintenance and is a superb facility. It was also decided to introduce NNN (Navan) as a venue - Navan have also conducted alot of work on their track. We hope more tracks both North and South will be encompassed for the 2013 season.
  3. Points scoring for 2012 will be based on your final results only. No points will be awarded for qualifying.
  4. The championship will endeavour to offer "driver net" at each event so that drivers can monitor the races on their wifi device during the race day.
  5. All drivers intending on competing at any round of the championship must be a member of the RCCAOI and have paid both their membership fee (10 euro) and class fee (5 euro) by March 16th 2012. This is to ensure that the organisers can keep all racers whom intend on competing informed about championship news.
  6. Anyone wishing to compete at RCCAOI events whom is not a paid up member by March 16th, will be permitted to enter the "Open" Class only. The Open class will purely be a "run on the day" - no results will be published online, and no awards given. Any car with any motor is permitted.
Old 06-02-2012

just wondering what is the preferred method of payment of membership(cheque, cash,etc)if sent by post?or is derek taking payment trackside?
Old 06-02-2012

Send a message via Skype™ to dmcracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony6187 View Post
just wondering what is the preferred method of payment of membership(cheque, cash,etc)if sent by post?or is derek taking payment trackside?

Hi Tony,The idea is to have them sent to the address on the form,payment(cheque)but I know this will not be possible for everyone,so I will take them trackside and pass them on to Carel,as he is only 10 mins from me.
Old 06-02-2012

Just to say for anyone who sends a cheque to Carel , make the cheque payable to Rccaoi.
Old 06-02-2012

Cheers for the reply Derek.don't have a cheque book so that would be handy
Old 15-03-2012
Mad Member

Only a day to go till entries close - 6pm 16/3/2012

Things are looking really good for the championship this year. Breakdown is looking like this so far

2wd Mod: 12
2wd Club: 11
4wd Mod: 8
4wd Club: 3

Hopefully as many drivers as possible will attempt to particiapate in all 4 rounds of the series.
Old 15-03-2012

Default Entries

Not sure I understood properly. Do we also have to enter the individual rounds by 16th? Thought it was just necessary to register for 16th March?
Old 15-03-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modeltune View Post
Not sure I understood properly. Do we also have to enter the individual rounds by 16th? Thought it was just necessary to register for 16th March?
Hi Andrew, looking at wills original post point 5 only memberships need to be done by the 16th. At least that is what I have done anyway.
Old 15-03-2012
Mad Member

Yes Andrew, just your membership has to be in by tomorrow 6pm. You can then pick and choose which rounds you want to go to. You can still go to any round you wish even if you don't pay your membership but you will not score points. You wil only be able to enter the 'open' class.
Old 16-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modeltune View Post
Hi Andrew,Your membership and class reg only had to be in for the 16th,which you have done.What rounds you now contest is up to you.
Old 16-03-2012
Mad Member

Close on 30 drivers!! Brilliant.
Very happy with that!
Old 19-03-2012

So for somebody new to this, what is format for Sunday? If I heard right it will be 4 rounds of qualifying and 3 finals.....will there be practice before first qual round and if so is it open or in heats?
Old 19-03-2012

3 rounds of heats and 3 finals. Best 2 finals to count towards your final result.

Not sure about format for practice.
Old 19-03-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugenextreme View Post
3 rounds of heats and 3 finals. Best 2 finals to count towards your final result.

Not sure about format for practice.
Wrong answer, lose 5 points!! :-)

4 rounds of qualifyin, round by round, best two to count.
3 finals, best two to count.

Booking in closes at 10.30, round 1 at 11am. Last final at about 6.30pm
Old 19-03-2012

does anybody know if my RCCAOI form arrived because i dont want to travel to naul and not be able to race?
Old 19-03-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by av4625 View Post
does anybody know if my RCCAOI form arrived because i dont want to travel to naul and not be able to race?
We wont know whos entries arrived on Friday till tomorrow evening. Will post the names then. When did u send ur entry?
Old 19-03-2012

i posted it on tuesday the 13th

thanks for reply
Old 20-03-2012
Mad Member

From official thread;

This is championship racing! - the meeting schedule will not be halted for any individual competitor.
Not being at your marshalling position before the 30 second race start warning will instantly result in a penalty.
The judges of fact, race director and race controllers will be announced at the drivers briefing.
Drivers not on the rostrum and/or without a car on the start line at the start of the race will be deemed to have not started the race. Drivers may not access the rostrum after the race start.
Any incident that contrevenes the RCCAOI rules should only be reported to the race director only. A victim complaining to the race controller and/or judges of fact may result in that driver recieving a penalty themselves.

Hi all,

I just want to reiterate this. This Sunday is a day of NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP RACING - so as well as making sure you have an enjoyable and successful day's racing - I urge all competitors to ensure that they obide by the rules and make sure that racing is fair for everyone.

Very often at club racing, we have competitors that don't arrive at their marshalling position till just a few seconds before the start of the race. This makes it difficult for the drivers on the rostrum to relax and focus on the 5 minute run that is about to start. Because of this, a marshal not arriving at their post in time for the 30 second warning is directly affecting the drivers on the rostrum - on sunday this will be deemed as cheating and will result in a penalty being applied.

We hope that each race during the day is monitored by a Judge of Fact. A Judge of Fact is an individual nominated by the race director to monitor races and report back to the race director if any incidents occur. A Judge of Fact may not issue penalties or implement disciplinary action of any sort. They may only report back to the Race Director whom will take action if required. Any driver seen to be interfering with or intimidating a Judge of Fact will be dealt with swiftly - this is a difficult job that is very necessary given the high standard of racing that is developing in this country - and I don't want people to be discouraged from taking on the roll due to the bad behaviour of "mouthy" competitors.

We have a packed schedule on Sunday so we won't be haulting racing or putting it on "manual" for anyone unless exceptional circumstances call for it. Drivers whom are not on the rostrum and/or don't have their cars on the start line/grid at the start of the race will have deemed to have not started. They will not be permitted to enter the rostrum or start the race once the race start alarm has sounded. Again, this is just in consideration for those drivers who are prepared and are trying to focus on thier run.

The Race Director will be identified at driver's briefing. The Race Director is the only official that complaints should be made to and the Race Director is the only official that can implement disciplinary action of any sort. Making a complaint to a Judge of Fact, a Race Controller, a DMCC committee member or any other official may result in the complainer recieving a penalty themselves. Once a complaint is recieved the Race Director will confirm the infrigment with the relevant Judge of Fact.

Booking-in closes at 10.30am - anyone who plans to arrive after that should contact me no later than Saturday evening to make special arrangement.

A final note to all drivers. Please remember that the Race Director, Race Controllers and Judges of Fact are all racing on the day as well. We will try to ensure that there is as much consistancy in the judgements as possible, and we will always promote fairness and will make sure that everyone is treated the same regardless of racing class, racing level, formula etc.

Have a great day's racing and best of luck to all.
Old 20-03-2012
Mad Member

Bring it on!......
Old 20-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by av4625 View Post
Arrived today Aaron,website updated.See you Sunday.