Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 23-02-2014

any one got a good smooth setup running a thunderpower 7.5 for 4wd please ..
Old 26-02-2014

Raced with mine last night.

Heat 1 fine

Heat 2 put car down & went to rostrum & the sttering would work but not the throttle, fixed itself after a few soconds & ran fine for the heat.

Heat 3 I turn on TX & ESC & again got steering but no throttle, tried for 10 seconds or so to no avail. Turned ESC off then on again still no throttle. Re-set throttle netral, full throttle & full brake & it worked fine again for that heat & the final.

Anyone had a similar problem or suggest what me be the issue?
Old 26-02-2014

Sensor cable?

Re-started 2012. With Caster SK10
Driving Xray XB4 & Precirotate PRS1 V2 for 2014.
Hobby Pro PRS1 V2 2WD and PRSB10 4WD for 2015
Team Inside Line Racing with PR Racing buggies for 2016, 2017 & 2018.
Old 14-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6Jim View Post
Sensor cable?
The toro runs censored or censor-less it would work the motor, but with no boost or turbo, if it was the censor wire.
Old 14-04-2014

I also have had the same with losing throttle end points. So I too would be interested to get to the bottom of this issue. It do's not happen regular but it is the last thing you need when you turn your car on for the start of a heat.
Old 18-04-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big paul View Post
I also have had the same with losing throttle end points. So I too would be interested to get to the bottom of this issue. It do's not happen regular but it is the last thing you need when you turn your car on for the start of a heat.
whar radio are you using? whats the neutral range set to? have you recalibrated?
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 18-04-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Default SkyRC Toro TS120 Black Alloy Case

I've just picked up the new black alloy case version. Same as the blue plastic cased but in a black full alloy case for better heat dissipation.

Pictures here:
http://www.rccarshop.co.uk/index.php...esc-black.html
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 23-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by neallewis View Post
whar radio are you using? whats the neutral range set to? have you recalibrated?
sanwa m12 Yes I have to recalibrate,as it looses end points. Not trying to be a smart ass just answering your questen
the neutral range is set to 6% on the ecs.
Old 24-04-2014

I have just seen on another forum, that if you move your throttle settings on your hand set it can throw your esc end points out. Now I don't do this intentionally, I may be doing this by accident, as the M12 has loads of buttons all over the place and is dead easy to catch one.
Old 08-05-2014

Even though I've just been singing the praises of this speedo on another thread I do have one little problem with it. I can't get mine to ccalibrate! Get to the throttle calibration and get beep beep but come to do the brake and nothing. Just unresponsive. Have to switch off and switch back on. Not as major problem as it could be as I've set my throttle and brake end points to 140% and 115% and am getting full throttle and brake ie LED goes solid green. Neutral point is correct as well as if I tinker with the throttle trim it's slap bang in middle of dead zone at 0 trim.

So not major issue but does irk me slightly. Anyone have similar issues or a solution? Have re flashed latest firmware etc
Old 17-08-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

How is everyone getting on with these?
Any of the problems been sorted with FW upgrading?

"Babe thats NOT the price its the serial number!!"
Old 17-08-2014
Mad Member

Seems a really good speedo. I've not had any problems updating firmware on mine. Only funny is that you have to run as admin under windows and switch to English once it's connected to the PC as it defaults to Chinese!
Old 14-10-2014

Struggling to find a decent setup for ts120 in touring car with 13.5 . Boost works and turbo but when running boost and turbo together it appears turbo doesn't kick in . Or is it the smooth I'm not noticing it .
Old 08-07-2015

Hi everybody!
I just had one of these TS120A (I know, I'm late..).
I installed/connected/calibrated/programmed it and everything was ok.
Then I upgraded the firmware to the most recent 2.02 version.
After doing this the remote off switch was disabled.
Is it correct or I'm missing something?
I went back to 1.05 and the remote off switch was enabled again.

Anyone knowing what is the difference between firmware 1.05, 2.01 and 2.02?

Thanks!
Old 10-07-2015

Here is the reply from SKY RC:

V1.05 and V2.01: in V2.01, we add roar mode.
V2.01 and V2.02: in V2.02, we disable the function switch off from radio (by holding full brake)

Cheers
Old 10-07-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Settings wise, I have found the default punch setting far too steppy between switch points, which kicked the back end out on the slippy stuff.

I now have both punch stages set to "moderate" or 15 (version dependant), and the switch point set to 1%, or basically no switch point. This gives a far smoother throttle feel than defaults.
This setting is essentially a current limiter. The lower value limits more current, the step feel is at the switch point when less current is limited, which is felt as a surge of power. Setting the value higher than defaults (low or 5) means less difference is noticed. Even when the punch values for both stages are set the same, you can feel the switch point on the car. Setting the switch point so low (1%) means its not felt. Maxing out the punch rate setting give a nice aggressive throttle feel, perfect for stock motor racing, but too much for a lowish wind modified class motor.

These settings are identical to the hobbywing xerun v3.1 esc.

With my sanwa radio I've also reduced the esc throttle dead band to 50us from 80us. This gives a more responsive feeling throttle stick.

I'm now on 2.04 software version.

I noticed the remote cut off had gone, but I never have full break enabled on the radio, so could never turn it off anyway. not missed by me.

I don't run boost, but use some turbo with full throttle activation on bigger tracks. Typically 10-15 deg. Smaller tracks I set to 0deg turbo (disabled)

My 5th one is on order now, I like them, certainly now I have sorted the throttle step I felt with default settings. No issues except I killed one reverse connecting battery in a rush.

I've not tried the new 160A version. looks decent though. Software is the same.
Old 10-07-2015

Where did you get the 2.04??
Old 10-07-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ste_lazzaro View Post
Where did you get the 2.04??
skyrc site. thats the version the program box comes up with on power up, so may be it's version, rather than actual ESC version. I'll check tomorrow.
Old 19-08-2015

Neal, I have just put this in my 2wd as my faithful R10 has just died, I'm having trouble getting it to be smooth, it is lighting up the rear wheels up even with not a lot of throttle making the car a absolute handful compared to the Orion, my settings are

Punch rate switch 50%
1st stage punch very weak
2nd stage punch weak
Throttle dead band 80us (Sanwa Radio)
Boost OFF
Turbo 10 degree
all other turbo settings standard

Running a Orion VST2 6.5
Old 14-10-2015

Does anyone know how to spot a fake version of this.
I bought one was happy with it but it stopped working last night in only its second meeting , barely 30 mins in total.
It was an eBay purchase which I now think was a mistake

Last edited by rutt; 14-10-2015 at 08:36 PM.