Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Bury Metro

Closed Thread

Old 26-06-2011

Yeah, but pretty sure I was already out in that heat. I was on the track collecting the car from a marshal when I saw yours go. I got to watch buds flailing at it with pliers after it was removed from the track.

Tough car though. What was it melted strap, blackened shell and slightly melted cf brace? Unlucky. Thought it may have been caused by Phil shrapnel at first.

Maybe my b-max will die such a glorious death.

I think i'm done with this thread, I'll acknowlege we have some great drivers at bury, some just need to disconnect their tekins from their mouths
Ansmann Mad Rat, Mad monkey, Macnum
Tamiya FAV, Tamiya Hornet
Tamiya Grasshopper, Tamiya Hotshot
Ansmann X4SC, Ansmann X4SC pro
Old 26-06-2011
Banned

Off topic

Last edited by captainlip; 26-06-2011 at 10:53 PM. Reason: Was off topic
Old 26-06-2011
Banned

My cars far far from dead

It's now better than ever! Bring on Sunday!
Old 27-06-2011

Default ansmann day

i dont see a problem with ansmann running a open day at burys track it will just be like a normal meeting with everybody runing there own gear and if ansmann do donate some stuff to club it wont be a big deal to give everyone who turns up a free race meeting at the end of the day ansmann want drivers of all ability to race and use there products they are offering out drives that means discounts on stuff its going to help out people with the cost of racing so why cant bury help out ansmann and use the track its no big deal
Old 27-06-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by les View Post
i dont see a problem with ansmann running a open day at burys track it will just be like a normal meeting with everybody runing there own gear and if ansmann do donate some stuff to club it wont be a big deal to give everyone who turns up a free race meeting at the end of the day ansmann want drivers of all ability to race and use there products they are offering out drives that means discounts on stuff its going to help out people with the cost of racing so why cant bury help out ansmann and use the track its no big deal
I agree les
Old 27-06-2011
Banned

I hope it gets the go ahead and see a strong turnout!
Old 27-06-2011
Mad Member

Ansmann is a comercial enterprise and the whole reason they are involved in rc is to make money it's a multinational company.

Les I like your idea of running ansmann got talent as a free meeting so the bury members will pay for their days racing while the ansmann got talent lot race for free. Think it might rub the bury members up the wrong way who have given up their own time on a saturday and Sunday to sort all the manual work side ie steps, sand, markings are just a few of the things us as bury members have undertaken to make it possible.

I think it would be better for the club to run it as a normal meeting with normal prices at least the club will make money

Buds
Old 27-06-2011
Stu-Perstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by budfish View Post
Ansmann is a comercial enterprise and the whole reason they are involved in rc is to make money it's a multinational company.

Les I like your idea of running ansmann got talent as a free meeting so the bury members will pay for their days racing while the ansmann got talent lot race for free. Think it might rub the bury members up the wrong way who have given up their own time on a saturday and Sunday to sort all the manual work side ie steps, sand, markings are just a few of the things us as bury members have undertaken to make it possible.

I think it would be better for the club to run it as a normal meeting with normal prices at least the club will make money

Buds
Just to let everybody know, It was only an idea. There has been several clubs show an interest so if the Bury Members do not want to be involved then I am sure the other clubs will more than happy run the meeting for us.
Old 27-06-2011

A vote is needed by club members really to get this sorted.
Old 27-06-2011
Banned

I'd vote for it stu! But it be nice to see bury member having a free meet for the effort or setup of the track.
Old 27-06-2011

This would be massive for the club

Yes club members would miss out on an afternoons racing and the income from it but look at the positives.

You would have around 100 new visitors to the club that may not normally race at Bury which could lead to new members.

Massive advertisement for the club (detail at time I can’t say) which again could lead to new members.

Plus what’s to stop you from trying out, you not got the balls

Yes I know I’m not a member but look at the positives
Old 27-06-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

It is true that the meeting would be good publicity - it would be nice to be asked though.

I think the meeting should be free to entrants - that is not the same as we lend out the track for free. Other clubs rent out their facilities for some event not run by them, or at the very least get a take of the entry fees. Nobody loans out their track for nothing.
It doesn't need to be cash though. A few bits and pieces we could give away as prizes for a series or grand prix event would be good enough.

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Old 27-06-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by woOdy View Post
Just to let everybody know, It was only an idea. There has been several clubs show an interest so if the Bury Members do not want to be involved then I am sure the other clubs will more than happy run the meeting for us.
It would be nice to make an informed choice with all the facts infront of us.
And I can see some benefits from this to the club and individuals.
Old 27-06-2011

I personally think that you all may have jumped to conclusions with this, Stu and Ansmann have only stated that they are only thinking of Bury and Harts as the two events.

I think then when they have a better idea and plan they will ask both clubs as a company, I know that Aansmann are having chats with Harts club just like Stu (Ansmann) will with Bury.

Dates have not even been looked at for the event and all is just Chinese whispers at the min. I would of thought that you as a club would love to have this massive event instead of just kicking it down..
Old 27-06-2011

put on a good meeting and get some good publistiy and you never no bury might get a national meeting again or would the members not like that
Old 27-06-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-46 View Post
I personally think that you all may have jumped to conclusions with this, Stu and Ansmann have only stated that they are only thinking of Bury and Harts as the two events.

I think then when they have a better idea and plan they will ask both clubs as a company, I know that Aansmann are having chats with Harts club just like Stu (Ansmann) will with Bury.

Dates have not even been looked at for the event and all is just Chinese whispers at the min. I would of thought that you as a club would love to have this massive event instead of just kicking it down..

Old 27-06-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si Coe View Post
It is true that the meeting would be good publicity - it would be nice to be asked though.

I think the meeting should be free to entrants - that is not the same as we lend out the track for free. Other clubs rent out their facilities for some event not run by them, or at the very least get a take of the entry fees. Nobody loans out their track for nothing.
It doesn't need to be cash though. A few bits and pieces we could give away as prizes for a series or grand prix event would be good enough.
si i know no one rents out their track for nothing,but its not any old track to stu,i think he was probably thinking his mates at bury metro wouldent mind and help him out.
Old 27-06-2011

its called bury metro buggy club so its has been funded and built by bury metro so that must mean its for all the comuinity to use its not privatley owned its not run as buiness so why does it alway have to make money everytime its used whats wrong with a few free meetings to get new people interested if they run the ansmann meet everyone will be welcome including all the bury members it would be a good day we could get the local paper down get it in the bury times i no someone who works there no probs no point in making loads of fuss over it just get it run have a good days racing and enjoy it after all its a hobby thats why we do it for fun
Old 27-06-2011
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by les View Post
its called bury metro buggy club so its has been funded and built by bury metro so that must mean its for all the comuinity to use its not privatley owned its not run as buiness so why does it alway have to make money everytime its used whats wrong with a few free meetings to get new people interested if they run the ansmann meet everyone will be welcome including all the bury members it would be a good day we could get the local paper down get it in the bury times i no someone who works there no probs no point in making loads of fuss over it just get it run have a good days racing and enjoy it after all its a hobby thats why we do it for fun
Just to add les is a ansmann sponsored driver bit of a conflict of intrest ?? For the points you are making
Old 27-06-2011

Sounds like a great idea to me to promote the Bury club and Ansmann all in one go IMHO, and I have no connection with Ansmann, I'm Losi til I die!

Closed Thread