Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/8th ELECTRIC Off Road

Old 23-04-2013
Mad Member

Default Used 1/8th brushless?

Decided to buy an 1/8th scale brushless buggy/truggy to do a few club meetings after watching some last weekend at Braxted...

Is it a good idea to buy used? Anything to look out for?
Old 24-04-2013

I think it's the same as buying anything else used, you can get a bargain if you do your homework but be careful.

Look out for the usual signs of a piece of machinery being "cretin owned" such as chewed up/mismatched fasteners, sorry looking ESC and motor wiring, never been cleaned (in the '80s a motorcycle magazine got so annoyed with people not cleaning their bikes they ran a "named and shamed" campaign accusing offenders of not being properly potty-trained when they were toddlers) etc. It always amazes me that the laziest, most feckless people seem to have limitless energy when it comes to destroying something.

I run an HPI Vorza and it's a great car but looking at used ones on ebay etc. it's apparent that due to the performance on 6S they do tend to attract the kind of people who abuse things and chuck them in the shed till next time, I recently saw one which had the recessed motor mount bolts replaced by dirty great stainless M5 allen bolts that stuck out below the chassis, so the 1st time it landed off a big jump on stony ground or tarmac the impact would just rip the heads off!

Saying that, if you can find a good one that's been looked after by someone it's a great car, by fitting the optional Hara D8 rear tower, long rear shocks and doubling up the front shock tower i've made mine competitive against the mugens, MP9s, etc. Take your time and i'm sure you can find one that's been loved by someone.
Old 24-04-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by x313 View Post
Decided to buy an 1/8th scale brushless buggy/truggy to do a few club meetings after watching some last weekend at Braxted...

Is it a good idea to buy used? Anything to look out for?

Anyone got anything they want to sell?
You have a pm
Tamiya M06 low rider pumpkin
TLR 1.0,3.0 scte
Yeldnips racing products
Xfactoryuk
Dms racing
Corally uk
Old 24-04-2013

I've got an 8th scale fusion exceed sensored motor and speed controller that I'm thinking about selling. Drop me a pm if your interested

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103724
Old 31-05-2013

No doubt that is good idea you must purchase the 1/8 scale because you are well aware the how and now off the scale because attend the meeting..

PrimeScales
Old 31-05-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasl333 View Post
No doubt that is good idea you must purchased the 1/8 scale because you are well aware the how and now of the scale because attend the meeting..
Eh????
Old 03-07-2013

I also have an Attacker 1/8 Scale Nitro RC Buggy and I don't think it's a good idea to buy a used RC car. I brought that six months ago and its running good. my friend suggests me that used might create problems for me. I think you should buy new for you.