Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/8th ELECTRIC Off Road

Old 16-01-2011

Default Help

Hi
Can some one explain the difference between 1/10th brushless combo's and 1/8th brushless. I have been carpet racing my 1/10th buggy for a few months now but am itching to go off road but there is only a 1/8th club in my area. I want to run a 1/8 buggy with a brushless system. At the moment I am running a reedy 3300KV combo in my Associated B4, will this work in a 1/8? Has it got the torque power etc.....?
I am on a tight budget can anyone recommend what's the best thing to do??

Alex
Old 16-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt track date View Post
Hi
Can some one explain the difference between 1/10th brushless combo's and 1/8th brushless. I have been carpet racing my 1/10th buggy for a few months now but am itching to go off road but there is only a 1/8th club in my area. I want to run a 1/8 buggy with a brushless system. At the moment I am running a reedy 3300KV combo in my Associated B4, will this work in a 1/8? Has it got the torque power etc.....?
I am on a tight budget can anyone recommend what's the best thing to do??

Alex
Hi ALex

Can't be too technical with my answer, but as I had a similar question when I was looking for a 1/8th brushless system a while back, can at the very least say some of the differences I found.

The motor itself was a 550 size, so slightly larger than the 1/10th 540 can , the motor rotor was 5mm size and the esc itself was already wired up for 2x2s lipos.

I asked the same questions around what the actual differences were, however don't think I actually got a firm answer, other than a 1/10th set up wouldn't be powerful enough for a 1/8th car.

I ended up getting a hobbywing 1/8th 80a 2230KV Brushless set up for £90 1st hand found it to be more than powefull enough.