Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Losi Racing

Old 15-04-2011

Default hello racers need advice

hello racers how is it best to lay out sxx tc spec with fan with normal servo n reciver with a saddle packs how have u guys done it ? im strugging cause i ran it on top off motor which caused speedo to overheat advice need thanks craig
Old 15-04-2011

Alright mace,

I dont think you get a massive amount of heat transfer from the motor so if ur speedo is overheating I would suggest its either down to the motor you are running or the gearing you are running!

What turn motor have you got in and what pinion size are you currently running?

I know you had some issues with ur speedo when we last raced indoors (certainly smelt like you had issues) so maybe ur speedo is knackered!

I've run my Nosram Pearl Evolution speedo on the plate with my 6.5 turn speed passion using a 21 tooth pinion and my speedo didn't get very hot at all! far from overheating!
Old 15-04-2011

Default hey

speedo has been back to lrp n tested n works fine now n repaired switch wire wasnt on board right
Old 16-04-2011

Craig, I've built Daniels 22 with a standard Savox in the front, the LRP SXX hard up against that, with the power cap on one side and a micro spektrum rx on the other. It's tight. I ditched the battery bulkhead too as it as I didn't have space and made a "homebrew" alternative with a piece of 40mm angle aluminium (from B&Q), tapped it with 2 M3 holes to pick up on the csk holes which are already in the chassis. For batteries we're running saddles (shared with the 4wd car). If you're still interested I'll post a photo tomorrow - Nigel.