Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/10th OFF ROAD

Old 17-04-2014

Default Cougar KF belt eater

Hi, My first post...

I've been away from r/c racing for 25 years I just got back into it and as we race indoors on carpet I went for the Cougar KF, last car I raced was a Cougar 2 team!

Ive just about got my head around, brushless, lipo's and the new esc's slipper clutches etc

But I'm having real issues with the belt on my KF, I've been through 4 already and I've only raced it 5-6 times! I've been in contact with Schumacher who think I'm not running the belt tension high enough, but I think there is an issue with my kit, it seems like the belt isn't running straight I keep finding the pulley fence is coming off one side allowing the belt to chew itself on the slide of the pulley...

Has anyone heard of similar issues with KF owners?
Old 17-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenno View Post
Hi, My first post...

I've been away from r/c racing for 25 years I just got back into it and as we race indoors on carpet I went for the Cougar KF, last car I raced was a Cougar 2 team!

Ive just about got my head around, brushless, lipo's and the new esc's slipper clutches etc

But I'm having real issues with the belt on my KF, I've been through 4 already and I've only raced it 5-6 times! I've been in contact with Schumacher who think I'm not running the belt tension high enough, but I think there is an issue with my kit, it seems like the belt isn't running straight I keep finding the pulley fence is coming off one side allowing the belt to chew itself on the slide of the pulley...

Has anyone heard of similar issues with KF owners?
I have read on here something about chassis gearbox hole alignment but not 100% sure have a read on schumacher section
Old 18-04-2014

Hi frenno,
Yes there was a chap on here who's car also ate a few belts. Turned out there was a problem with one of the countersinks on 1 hole which didn't line up with the hole correctly which pulled one of the aluminium gearbox/diff uprights out of line on the rear of the car.
If you remove the screws it becomes easier to see.
Getting the belt ever tighter only made the problem more pronounced.
Schumacher are usually very good helping out with this kind of thing so grt in touch with them.
Hope this help as its a great car.