Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > General Car Talk

Old 13-03-2007

Default Kyosho Lazer ZXS

Hi guys, i've always wanted to own a Kyosho Lazer ZXS or the ZXS Evo. I've emailed some of my rc mates in Japan and they told me the ZXS and ZXS Evo are pretty much the same cars except that the ZXS Evo has got a metal kick up plate attached to the chassis front end instead of a one piece cf chassis with kick up. Quality wise the ZXS uses thicker cf chassis and is a tad better than the ZXS Evo..both cars are really rare and expensive. Recently one of my japanese contacts managed to help me locate a great condition Lazer ZXS, it's got titanium turnbuckles, option parts like Team Atlas lightweight blue anodised motor mount, motor plate and bits and pieces. Seller wanted lots of cash for it but i had to have it...paid a premium for it and now it's on it's way to me...woo hooo can't wait...Well i'll see how she runs, if she's not to my liking, there's always a Yok MR4BX for me to get.

Old 13-03-2007
Administrator

Nice one mate, I remember seeing these cars over the last few years hidden away on the japanese language kyosho site for japan only. very nice cars.
Old 13-03-2007
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkymojo View Post
Hi guys, i've always wanted to own a Kyosho Lazer ZXS or the ZXS Evo. I've emailed some of my rc mates in Japan and they told me the ZXS and ZXS Evo are pretty much the same cars except that the ZXS Evo has got a metal kick up plate attached to the chassis front end instead of a one piece cf chassis with kick up. Quality wise the ZXS uses thicker cf chassis and is a tad better than the ZXS Evo..both cars are really rare and expensive. Recently one of my japanese contacts managed to help me locate a great condition Lazer ZXS, it's got titanium turnbuckles, option parts like Team Atlas lightweight blue anodised motor mount, motor plate and bits and pieces. Seller wanted lots of cash for it but i had to have it...paid a premium for it and now it's on it's way to me...woo hooo can't wait...Well i'll see how she runs, if she's not to my liking, there's always a Yok MR4BX for me to get.

nice ride
i know where there is a very very rare works car from basildon worlds pretty simalar to the zxs but was works only release it belonged to steve harris
Old 13-03-2007

Thanks for the kind words guys. I've never been a huge fan of Kyosho..i've always loved Yokomo buggies, had the MR4BX when it was first released, sold it cos my local offroad track closed..But i find the ZXS really stunning, so i had to find one and get it..I'll be running it once my local carpet ep buggy track is open next month. The ZXS comes with loads of nib spares (at the expense of more cash..lol) so i guess it should be safe to run it and furthermore it's on carpet. If the ZXS doesnt suit my driving style, i might get a MR4BX or a BJ4 WE...
Old 14-03-2007
Mad Member

Very nice ZX-S there, looks in perfect condition.

The ZX-S is number one on my wants list for my Kyosho buggy collection, they are so rare when they are available they cost a fortune which akes them too expensive for me.
Old 14-03-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry.sc View Post
Very nice ZX-S there, looks in perfect condition.

The ZX-S is number one on my wants list for my Kyosho buggy collection, they are so rare when they are available they cost a fortune which akes them too expensive for me.

Thanks mate...yeah they do cost a fortune..i'll post more pics of it when it arrives...
Old 17-03-2007

Hi ya mates...just received an email from the seller who sold me the ZXS...it is a replica of what the japanese Team Kyosho drivers were driving up until 2004 before the release of the ZX5. All the blue aluminum parts on it are original Kyosho hop up parts made for team drivers and not made by Team Atlas as i first thought...Sigh it's so beautiful i can't bear to race it, and to think all i wanted was a good 4wd buggy to race
Old 18-03-2007
Mad Member

Thats another nice addition Funky, when you getting the BX?
Old 18-03-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert digler View Post
nice ride
i know where there is a very very rare works car from basildon worlds pretty simalar to the zxs but was works only release it belonged to steve harris
Basildon Worlds? will it say this nice car is from 1993?? it looks great

Danish 4WD champion 1989, 1997, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 and 2007.

www.racegallery.dk
Old 18-03-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulrich View Post
Basildon Worlds? will it say this nice car is from 1993?? it looks great

Hi ulrich..it could be a very early form of the prototype ZXS is from 1993. To my knowledge, the ZXS was released in 1996 in very limited numbers. In 2002 Kyosho re-released the ZXS as the ZXS Evo. Basically the same buggy but with a metal kick up plate attached to the front of the cf chassis instead of a one piece cf chassis with kick up and the chassis was a lot thinner. Back in 1996 Tower Hobbies sold the ZXS for a very short period of time for close to 700usd ...the 2002 ZXS Evo had a pretty high retail price too but was a japan only mail order release. To Kyosho buggy collectors, the Lazer ZXS/ZXS Evo are like the holy grail..i must admit that it is an extremely well made buggy and it looks really good...Too good for me to race it even on carpet....
Old 19-03-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilD View Post
Thats another nice addition Funky, when you getting the BX?

Well, the new Yok MR4BX 2007 Factory Edition looks pretty good..might get it...
Old 19-03-2007

If you ever get bored with the zx-s, i'm sure that there are a couple of collectors on this site that will be more than happy to buy it of you.
Old 20-03-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by usagi View Post
If you ever get bored with the zx-s, i'm sure that there are a couple of collectors on this site that will be more than happy to buy it of you.

Hee hee...well matey..i'm not trying to create some kinda hype abt my ZXS..but i do a lot of research about the ZXS...we all know how rare the ZXS is..i think the reason why i bought mine is because of all the team drivers only parts..yeah those blue blings blings and the fact that it came with lots of nib spares. Most are being sold in either nib form or brand new built without any parts and still cost so much..yup so the parts thingy got to me as well... ..The BX 2007 looks really good...if cant resist it anymore...i might just sell my ZXS to get me one...
Old 20-03-2007

The BX is a fantastic car....but i would keep the ZX-S
I'ts a rare piece of kit and even moreso with all the alloy hot-up parts you have with it
Old 21-03-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by usagi View Post
The BX is a fantastic car....but i would keep the ZX-S
I'ts a rare piece of kit and even moreso with all the alloy hot-up parts you have with it

Well yes the ZXS is rare especially one as decked out as mine but i'm not a collector, i rather have a buggy that i can race with...
Old 27-03-2007

I've already got my name on it anyway FunkyMojo!!! lol
Old 31-03-2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomstacey View Post
I've already got my name on it anyway FunkyMojo!!! lol
Hey..that's great Tom...get on msn if you're free..haven't seen you on msn in awhile...
Old 01-04-2007

I'll get on there dude.. I've just been taking aages getting round to installing stuff on my new Mac, normally when I'm on MSN, I'm on my work computer, and you're prolly asleep!!
Old 29-05-2007
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert digler View Post
nice ride
Thats funny, Steve Harris car was just a basic bog standard Lazer. Obviously with all the hop ups that were available his car looked good but nothing special. Prove me wrong and post some pics, but I know Bob Gammons car looked more like a prototype at the basildon worlds after what he did to his car.

Besides I hate to say this but just because he was in the kyosho team it didnt mean Steve was that good, as unfortunately he wasnt - yes he was better than all of us here but he was not as good as the other team drivers.

Now if you looked at Bob Gammons car then you would have seen the car that was part of the design used to develop for kyosho as his rear gear box had been cut away and had see through plastic ends on. Also he had a different layout on the front gear box.

This makes more sense that Bobs car was part of the design concept used for the zxs.

And anyway the proper prototypes would have been used in Japan and not the uk, well for Kyosho anyway. Tamiya however gave a belt drive to Ellis Stafford that resembled a ZXR, and that was interesting.