Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > General Car Talk

Old 02-06-2010

Default Caster Racing Releasing 1/10 EP 4WD Buggy

Hi guys, looks like Caster Racing is releasing a 1/10 EP 4wd buggy called the SK-10. I like the body shell, it has got the old school look. They are planning to release an RTR kit, i do hope they'll release a pro kit. Check out the pic

More info over here

Viper R/C Solutions | Atomic Carbon | Darth Tray

My Trader Feedback
Old 02-06-2010

Hi mojo

yes the kits are currently still in production at Caster racing so could be subject to some changes yet

Answer-Rc are waithing to take delivery of the kits asap no official word on price yet

As part of the Caster uk race team I will keep everyone up to date on the latest details on this kit As allowed

for future details on the car

Follow us on

Www.casterracinguk.com
Old 02-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitman View Post
Hi mojo

yes the kits are currently still in production at Caster racing so could be subject to some changes yet

Answer-Rc are waithing to take delivery of the kits asap no official word on price yet

As part of the Caster uk race team I will keep everyone up to date on the latest details on this kit As allowed

for future details on the car

Follow us on

Www.casterracinguk.com
Thanks for the update Pitman. I really like the looks of the SK-10 and the specs looks good as well...i do hope there'll be a pro kit available in the near future. By the looks of the pic and the specs, the buggy comes with big bore shocks right?

My Trader Feedback
Old 03-06-2010

the specs say big bores but I have not seen one in the flesh yet to confirm

1. Front CVD Drive
2. Big Bore Shock System with screw adjustments.
3. Full Ball Bearing thought out the car.
4. Ball Diff.
5. Slip differential for Center.
6. Full adjustable turnbuckle.
7. Front & Rear Toe in adjustable system.
8. Racing Hinge Pin for front and Rear.
9. 3.5mm shock Shaft.
10. Racing Performance design.
11. Full Hex Racing quality Screw.
12. Alum Hex Wheel adaptor.
13. Alum Shock body and Cap.
14. Fully upgradable to 90% alum parts.
15. Spring Servo Safer System.
16. Low Profile Preprinted Body.
17. Low Balance CG design.
18. Fully High Quality racing Drive shaft.

Item no 5 caught my eye its a slipperential so the car has a centre diff and a slipper combined
Old 03-06-2010

Hiya All,

Yes, as Lee has said. Caster Racing have made most final moldings for the buggy and i can confirm they are in PS1 build satge ( Pre-Series Build ). We hope to see some of the Production models very soon. We will do our best to keep you all updated.

The buggy from the Description, Pictures and Info sheet sound like a real competitor but we shall wait and see if the proof is in the puding when they arrive over here.

There is no actual release date as of yet and neither is there a set price or variation. It is unknown if they will release this as a Roller or a RTR Model but be assured that we will endevour to provide the information you so wish to hear.

I can confirm that Caster are currently in the process of making Aluminuin Hop Up / Upgrade parts which will be interesting to see.

You can find all updates and news on Caster Racing over at our dedicated UK Caster Racing website: www.casterracinguk.com

HTH
Ben
Old 07-06-2010

*** UPDATE ***

here is the latest information for you !

Caster Racing have released the following information regarding their all new EP 10th scale buggy, the SK-10. - Caster Racing is proud to announce the release of a new 1/10th 4WD off road buggy. They started off with a high level competition RTR chassis design foundation. The SK-10 Buggy is an EP buggy that's got all the racing features, and performance that a competition car needs. It's 100% upgradable chassis to a higher level competition part and features.

The SK-10 comes with the most advance performance design such as Mini Big Bore shocks with 3.5mm shock shaft. Slipper clutch differential in the centre, those are only available and build in the competition kits, but we have put all those racing features into SK-10 buggy which makes the buggy one of the kind in the market, and amount others. we have raised up the entry level bar. The advantage of having such a buggy, it's totally 100% race competitive with other racing kits in the market for the fair price you have paid. in other words, the C/P(Cost/Performance) rate is much higher than other kits out there in the market.

SK-10 EP off road Buggy 4WD - RTR BRUSHLESS SYSTEM HOBBYWING

Features:

1. Front CVD Driveshafts
4. Ball Diffs.
5. Slipper differential for Center.
9. 3.5mm shock Shaft.
19. 3kg servo is included
20. Brushless Motor.
21. Hobbywing Brushless 35A ESC
22. 27 Mzh AM radio
23. High Quality Racing 1800 NIMH battery.

SK-10 EP off road Buggy 4WD – RTR BRUSHED SYSTEM

Features:

1. Front CVD Drive
4. Ball Diff.
5. Slip differential for Center.
9. 3.5mm shock Shaft.
19. 3kg servo is included
20. 540-30000 RPM Motor.
21. Brushed 240A ESC
22. 27 Mzh AM radio
23. High Quality Racing 1800 NIMH battery.

More information can be found here: http://www.casterracinguk.com

Regards
Ben
Old 07-06-2010
oOple Advertiser

So who will be the UK team drivers for this 1/10th off roader then?
Old 07-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smartalec View Post
So who will be the UK team drivers for this 1/10th off roader then?
Myself, Lee & Ged current UK Team Drivers BUT please see information below: We are currently looking at growing our Caster Racing UK team and are welcoming CV Applications to join us.

Answer-RC is currently looking to Sponor Team Drivers for the Caster Racing & Answer-RC Brand.

Over the next few months we will be looking for drivers in various different classes within the UK. You need not to be the fastest driver, just a friendly face that is always willing to help others and of course promote Answer-RC.

Initially it will be 1/8th drivers that we are looking for but as the future product line grows we will need drivers in 1/10th buggy also.

For more info submit a CV and a covering letter to info@casterracinguk.com

Im sure Pete will be able to advise further :-)

HTH Ben
Old 07-06-2010

Hey all - its still early days in the life of the 1/10th and as yet we have not had samples in the UK so we do not expect them to land for a little while at least.

Initially there will be two versions of the RTR, one a normal brushed set up and the other using a Hobbywing Brushless combo, with a Pro to come later.
Price will be very attarctive though we are somewhat controlled by exchange rates at the moment.

With regards team drivers, as I say the car release is some way off so currently though we are looking and thinking there is nothing set in stone anywhere at the moment and though aimed at the RTR market we here that it is proving relatively capable in testing.
Old 07-06-2010
oOple Advertiser

I was just wondering if anyone had been chosen yet to drive the 1/10th buggy, so thanks for the information.
Old 07-06-2010
Spends too long on oOple ...

I can't make out if it got a diff, slipper or a mix of both in the center?
Old 07-06-2010

I'd be tempted
Old 07-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCM View Post
I can't make out if it got a diff, slipper or a mix of both in the center?
The feedback is that it has a "Slipperential" so a mix of both BUT when we see the product in the flesh we can advise more :-)

EDIT: ***** Confirmation, the buugy has a Centre Diff with a Slipper on the back of that so no fancy Slipperential *******
Old 07-06-2010

nice?? pics soon I hope
Old 07-06-2010

Just to confirm in the ctr is a slipper clutch not some crazy slipper / diff assembly.
Old 07-06-2010

ah right!

Are they doing sensible things like using the standard fit Losi/AE/Tamiya wheels, stuff like that?
Old 07-06-2010

Looks like it's gonna be a Yokomo BMAX or Team C TC04 look alike buggy? I hope it's something more unique...

My Trader Feedback
Old 07-06-2010
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkymojo View Post
Looks like it's gonna be a Yokomo BMAX or Team C TC04 look alike buggy? I hope it's something more unique...
Bit harsh when you've not seen under the body! Hard to tell from a few pics pic, but it looks quite narrow to me? Plus 8th style front hubs, Ali shock towers and big bores, looks more like they've probably done their own thing based on their 8th experiences to me!

That front shock tower looks very upright, does that mean no castor on the front wishbones?
Old 07-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG28 View Post
Bit harsh when you've not seen under the body! Hard to tell from a few pics pic, but it looks quite narrow to me? Plus 8th style front hubs, Ali shock towers and big bores, looks more like they've probably done their own thing based on their 8th experiences to me!

That front shock tower looks very upright, does that mean no castor on the front wishbones?
I'm not being harsh...in fact i kinda like the buggy, i just hope it'll be something a bit more unique judging from the narrow body shell and other parts of the buggy. Just hopping it'll not end up being a BMAX and TC04 look alike...

My Trader Feedback
Old 07-06-2010
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveG28 View Post

Hmm.. looks quite high at the front considering the shocks are wound all the way up to. Looking forward to more pictures though.

I agree with dave we need to see under the body before we can judge what it will be like, for all we i know it could have the cells at the front, radio gear at the back and the motor underneath the rear wing.

My bets it will be stick pack seeing as it is being made as an RTR first.

Robert Jaques, Schumacher Racing KC, K2. Team Associated SC5M

"The Japanese Sniper"

Team Autocare & Cycles