Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Titchfield Off Road Club Hants

Old 24-01-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wylie View Post
HI,
I thought this was voted on at the AGM?
Hi Tony

This was discussed at AGM under AOB but as details were a bit sketchy at the time there was no actual vote on anything. Action was for Mike to investigate.

We have a committee meeting tomorrow night so I'll make sure we agree a clear statement on what we are doing and why and get it on here either Fri night or Saturday depending what time the meeting ends.

Cheers

Rob
Yokomo YZ4 SF2
Old 24-01-2013

This is all news to me, where have I been So what I can make out is there was talk about a new AMB system and mrt's would not work with it. Didn't fancy this as only just bought 2 MRT's last year.
And now we are changing and thats it and if you dont like it to bad? and its going to cost members more money!
As I said just bought 2 MRTS last year so if they dont work then all I can say is " Not going to clocking up many laps"
Old 24-01-2013

I know I haven't been racing much recently but this news is a bit of a shock. Like Cammers I have nice shiny MRT PTs in my cars (all 3 of them) and now i'm faced with a bill for 100's of pounds to upgrade again?!

Sorry if i'm late to the party but is this due to a software update? And why is it necessary if the old system was working OK.

Before anyone shoots me down, no i'm not a club member yet this year and with my 7 month old baby I don't have a lot of time to come racing anymore but these are just my thoughts as a racer who really enjoys TORCH when I can get there!

Just don't need more expense if it can be avoided.
Old 24-01-2013

Just been on Sloughs web site, thats Remote world model car club, A 1/8th BRCA national track. They are not upgrading, so can I ask why is Torch doing it or considering it?
I dont normally get to involved in some of these threads but when it comes to forking out £126 to change my transponders I wont to have my say
Old 24-01-2013

All

In simply terms we the committee will make the best possible decision for the members/racers at Torch, there are many challenges involved with making a sound decision that's keeps everyone happy. I will ensure you that we act in the best interest of the hobby and the racers at Torch

Thanks Steve
Old 24-01-2013

I know I'm not a torch member, but perhaps some of you Torch guys would like to see what "A well respected organiser of events" (and I do quote) has said on a thread over on the SHRCCC section...

"As a race director I hate MRT!"

And...

"As others know I'm working on things behind the scenes, talking with other clubs, racers, BRCA and BBK"

Yet it seems has failed to even mention it to Torch members?

The full thread is here if you'd like to read it in full context...

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthre...=119209&page=4

I think it makes some 'interesting' reading about maybe personal bias affecting a 'clubs' response to this situation... But make your own minds up...

Last edited by Dr_UpGrade; 24-01-2013 at 11:02 PM. Reason: typo error!
Old 24-01-2013

Mark
I know you are not happy about the pt situation and can understand how you feel.

Those that know me know I'm always keen to save a quid so I'd rather not be burdened with this extra expense. Unfortunately however there is an inevitability about this that will need to be faced at some point.

I am, as a TORCH member and knowing of the wider financial implications for our club, satisfied that our committee and Mike specifically is doing its best to make the transition as painless as possible for the members.

We just need to make the best of a bad situation buddy.
Old 24-01-2013
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_UpGrade View Post
I know I'm not a torch member, but perhaps some of you Torch guys would like to see what "A well respected organiser of events" (and I do quote) has said on a thread over on the SHRCCC section...

"As a race director I hate MRT!"

And...

"As others know I'm working on things behind the scenes, talking with other clubs, racers, BRCA and BBK"

Yet it seems has failed to even mention it to Torch members?

The full thread is here if you'd like to read it in full context...

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthre...=119209&page=4

I think it makes some 'interesting' reading about maybe personal bias affecting a 'clubs' response to this situation... But make your own minds up...
Mark
Why are you targeting your comments towards Mikey.
All he does is think of the racers out there.
You carry a signature of SHRCCC and as far as I know you have never raced at TORCH!!!
Why are you on this thread making bad waves against one of their committee members and organisers?
Lets leave it there eh!!
Old 25-01-2013

Dear Tony,
Hang on a minute, let me try to understand this...

So because the likes of you (and others) have raced at SHRCCC, it gives the 'right' to post on 'our' section on the forum giving your opinions on a topic that I think should be decided club by club.

Yet when I relay those discussions on a TORCH thread-for the help and benefit of TORCH members (whom it appears to me) didn't even know that TORCH had already made their decision, (not to mention that from what I read from this thread, it was something that was even 'voted against' at your AGM); I'm "not allowed" because I've not raced at Torch.

On 'our thread' I said it was a public forum, so everyone is entitled to their opinion...

Sorry, but I am just a bit worried that these issues have been decided behind closed doors, I'm just trying to find out what and why in a clear open unbiased manner, for the benefit of EVERYONE...
Old 25-01-2013
oOple Advertiser

Mark

I have no problem with you or anyone else voicing opinions and so on but you are directing your dislikes towards Mike from TORCH.

Without trying to offend you, you clearly don't know everyone but yet accuse of behind the scenes talks and so on.

Committees and Organiser don't normally come of forums to update racers of different standards yet you seem to want to critic that.

As for whether I can post, i will leave that to others to comment BUT not on this thread .....

Last comment from me Mark....
Please don't knock good people and from the last thread on the SHRCCC section and now on here, I think you must of realised the likes of Mike are good people. Please lets leave it at that
Old 25-01-2013

I'm not currently a club member and have 2 MRTs i'd like to trade in for "Harry" transponders.

Can someone advise me of the total cost of doing this, including club membership, so I can decide whether to do it this way or go direct through BBK Software which will cost me £84 plus postage.

Like a lot of people on here I purchased my MRTs very recently and so am not exactly over the moon about this, but please people do not direct your anger at TORCH, they're trying to save us all some money in light of what is basically a monumental ballsup by various transponder/timing gear manufacturers.
Old 25-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTSHOT III View Post
Can someone advise me of the total cost of doing this, including club membership, so I can decide whether to do it this way or go direct through BBK Software which will cost me £84 plus postage.
Hi Alex, if you wait until the guys have finalised what they are talking about tonight I'm sure everything will be made clear tonight/tomorrow

You racing Sunday?

Al
Old 25-01-2013

Dear Tony,
I am not trying to 'carry on' here but I do feel the need to explain myself as it seems you (and others) don't understand where I'm coming from...

Unlike some (or so it would seem) I do not take offence easily, and yes you are right, I don't "know" anyone here. I've come back to this hobby after a gap of 27 years (a couple of years back). This lack of knowing is at least part of the reason why I've been asking people to let me know what they've been saying, to whom "behind the scenes".

I fully accept that you (and others) don't agree with my view, but the initial 'dismissal' of my concerns kinda struck a chord with me. Especially as these were wrapped up in a tone of 'we know more than you'. Yet everywhere I look on your section and SHRCCC I see disgruntled members talking about it.

Again, I know you disagree with me, but to me, something as big an upset that this situation 'could' be, is something that each clubs membership should have a say on (in my opinion). Yet when you dig a little it appears as tho' certain things have 'already' been decided without members involvement. Like I said right at the start on the other thread, as I see it, clubs are there for their membership and not the other way around. I've not been accusing anyone of behind the scenes talking, that was a quote from what 'someone' said themselves that they had been involved in...

I maybe wrong but to me when things are said like I quoted before about 'arrangements' with BBK etc and 'dislike' of MRT, I have to ask if MRT were involved in any discussions too to try to solve this. It appears not, again, as I know nothing, I ask why not talk with MRT too? As yet no-one has replied...

I fully agree its a bad situation Pip, I just don't understand why or how things have been decided as quickly as they apparently have without trying to consult 'everyone'...

I hope for us all that whatever happens, we don't lose racers and club members.. As this (and ALL of us) is what makes this hobby...

Good luck...
Old 25-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Monkey View Post
Hi Alex, if you wait until the guys have finalised what they are talking about tonight I'm sure everything will be made clear tonight/tomorrow

You racing Sunday?

Al
I don't know if I can make it down on Sunday as I have other less interesting things that need finishing this weekend but one way or another i'll be back soon.

Thanks for the info
Old 25-01-2013
oOple Advertiser

Quote:
Dear Tony,
I am not trying to 'carry on' here but I do feel the need to explain myself as it seems you (and others) don't understand where I'm coming from...
You will find that many want to discuss and debate any matter but just no need to pick out individuals, especially as you don't know them

Quote:
Unlike some (or so it would seem) I do not take offence easily, and yes you are right, I don't "know" anyone here. I've come back to this hobby after a gap of 27 years (a couple of years back). This lack of knowing is at least part of the reason why I've been asking people to let me know what they've been saying, to whom "behind the scenes".
In my personal opinion, its absolutely nothing to do with you.
You do not belong to the club nor do you race there and therefore nothing to do with you at all.
If the club make stupid decisions then they will suffer because of it as recently proven to other clubs.
TORCH are lucky enough to have very clued up personnel that is why they are doing well

Quote:
I fully accept that you (and others) don't agree with my view, but the initial 'dismissal' of my concerns kinda struck a chord with me. Especially as these were wrapped up in a tone of 'we know more than you'. Yet everywhere I look on your section and SHRCCC I see disgruntled members talking about it.
I have never said I don't agree with you.
What I don't agree is the target against good personnel of any club.
Neither of these sections are my sections.
I race at all the clubs as well as supporting them and so on

Quote:
Again, I know you disagree with me, but to me, something as big an upset that this situation 'could' be, is something that each clubs membership should have a say on (in my opinion). Yet when you dig a little it appears as tho' certain things have 'already' been decided without members involvement. Like I said right at the start on the other thread, as I see it, clubs are there for their membership and not the other way around. I've not been accusing anyone of behind the scenes talking, that was a quote from what 'someone' said themselves that they had been involved in...
I do not know every conversation between club Chairmen, Secretaries and their members nor to I actually care.
You seem to want to know all that and I cannot see a logical reason.
May i then suggest you become a member and voice your opinions at their committee meetings where any member can attend.
So many people have all these strong opinions (not necessarily you) but none go to the meetings to voice a good argument.
Typing on the keyboard is all too easy these days.
TORCH have a meeting tonight i believe. You're not there!!!!

Maybe pop up at TORCH this Sunday and we can have a cuppa and talk about your concerns - Get your buggy out too!!!!
Old 25-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudeTony View Post
If the club make stupid decisions then they will suffer because of it as recently proven to other clubs.
TORCH are lucky enough to have very clued up personnel that is why they are doing well
Old 25-01-2013

Mmmmmmmmm Popcorn
Old 25-01-2013

All

We have now closed this thread as this is no longer contributing to the original point raised. Rob Warren will announce tomorrow our decision on next steps.
Please communicate any other points through the PM service.

Thanks Steve
Old 26-01-2013
Spends too long on oOple ...

Following last nights meeting, please see the thread here:

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120470
Old 26-01-2013
Mad Member

Hey Mikey - Torch Crew, I've seen the other thread... willing to join and trade in my never used MRT transponder to get a Harry through the club... However looking at all the stickies here and also the club website I can't see a joining fee at all, I know it used to be there.

Can you confirm how much it is and I'll bring the money along with my MRT unit.

My paintwork thread