Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Bury Metro

Old 24-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by losichris View Post
Great day today.
Big shout out to Si for doing the meeting, no major problems
Aside from his mumbling Nah, it went really well Si, well done.
Old 24-02-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I need a bigger car - all the race control stuff, speakers, my racing gear and 2 child seats won't fit in a Vauxhall Astra!
And now I'm home I've no idea where to store it all.

Still great race in the final. 7 Minutes and it came down to the last corner, just a shame it was for last overall.
After the race I inspected my car and found that the left front shock wasn't attached, the rear front suspension plate was loose and one of the gearbox screws had fallen off. I need to keep an eye on my own car more whilst running race control!

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Old 24-02-2013
Mad Member

At the back must've been where it was at si, as I raced on my own for 7 mins. Went well today si well done, looking forward to next week now and being a bit warmer too
Old 24-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin Collingwood View Post
At the back must've been where it was at si, as I raced on my own for 7 mins. Went well today si well done, looking forward to next week now and being a bit warmer too
RB6 was very quick today. Managed to stay in touch for a few laps, then made a mistake which allowed Millzy through. Good final tho
Old 24-02-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Massive thanks to Neil for all the assistance - I've picked up quite a few new tricks today.....

Yz4 - Yz2
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Old 24-02-2013

Default Thanks

A big thank you to Si for doing race control and taking the gear too!

I was also pleased with the turnout and assistance provided by some extra faces today. As was proven today, we will need many hands to fill the void left by 'The Race Controller'.

Hope many can make the EGM next week.

See new thread.

Darren

Bury Metro Member http://www.bmrcc.co.uk/

Team Associated B6.1
Absima Team Driver
Still have my old Team Associated C4.1, Team C Evo and Yokomo Bmax4 just in case my lads take up the sport someday.
Old 24-02-2013
Gypsy Member

Default good day

good days racing and well run in all si an birdy got it sorted , good track that rob laid out to. gonna get my esc sorted and me and nick can car share again, reckon weve got another 210 owner on the cards
Old 24-02-2013

Send a message via MSN to birdy

Will always try and help out when I can.

Good day had by all I think, had a good laugh which is what its all about!

www.bmrcc.co.uk
Old 24-02-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnygibbon View Post
good days racing and well run in all si an birdy got it sorted , good track that rob laid out to. gonna get my esc sorted and me and nick can car share again, reckon weve got another 210 owner on the cards
I very much doubt nick would get one of those....
Old 25-02-2013

Yeah cheers guys for running it today...was really good apart from the cold

Nearly landed right on top of your car Si in the last jump...

Good stuff
Old 25-02-2013
Mad Member

Also like to add that the track was a great layout yesterday so well done to rob mills and co that built it, shame it was a bit cold but hopefully will start to warm up as march arrives, also is there any reason why we can't have a few more indoor meetings before the start of the season? Maybe it could be brought up in the EGM?
Old 25-02-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Biggest problem I can see is that there is a LOT of gear that needs hauling about to do indoor meetings which can just be left at Goshen for outdoor ones. Half the stuff in my car (printer, PA amp, speakers, wiring) lives at the track all summer but has to be taken to Counthill and back during the indoor season.

The track was great - but too long. People were timing out on their last lap. The problem is the computer times 5 mins from the first car setting off and sounds the buzzer when that finishes - it then gives 40 seconds for the drivers to cross the line after that for their last lap.
Unfortunately in a staggered start car 7 or 8 left more than 10 seconds after the first car off, which means when the buzzer goes they have only been going 4.50 or less. When they pass the loop its not their final lap until their clock reaches 5 mins.
Under normal 20 second lap conditions this is fine because they can still complete the final lap before the overall 5.40 time runs out. But with a 30 second lap its a lot harder and many people didn't manage it!

You can adjust that 40 seconds but that impacts on the turnover of heats. The easiest option is to aim for 20-25 second lap times for an average driver.

Yz4 - Yz2
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Old 25-02-2013

Send a message via MSN to bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si Coe View Post
Biggest problem I can see is that there is a LOT of gear that needs hauling about to do indoor meetings which can just be left at Goshen for outdoor ones. Half the stuff in my car (printer, PA amp, speakers, wiring) lives at the track all summer but has to be taken to Counthill and back during the indoor season.
What about sharing the work load with a few people so say only a couple of items per person to bring to indoor meets ?
Old 25-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si Coe View Post

The track was great - but too long. People were timing out on their last lap. The problem is the computer times 5 mins from the first car setting off and sounds the buzzer when that finishes - it then gives 40 seconds for the drivers to cross the line after that for their last lap.
Unfortunately in a staggered start car 7 or 8 left more than 10 seconds after the first car off, which means when the buzzer goes they have only been going 4.50 or less. When they pass the loop its not their final lap until their clock reaches 5 mins.
Under normal 20 second lap conditions this is fine because they can still complete the final lap before the overall 5.40 time runs out. But with a 30 second lap its a lot harder and many people didn't manage it!

You can adjust that 40 seconds but that impacts on the turnover of heats. The easiest option is to aim for 20-25 second lap times for an average driver.
i have large car which roger was always 1st to remind me so would offer any help i can give
Old 25-02-2013

Default ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit View Post
What about sharing the work load with a few people so say only a couple of items per person to bring to indoor meets ?

Big problem with that would be if anyone with an item can't make it!

In truth, we should run EITHER indoor or outdoor to avoid the need to lug so much gear around. It can be done on one off's but obviously a lot of work whenever we do it.

In case Si is nudging for a sub on a new club car, it ain't happening.

Team Associated B6.1
Absima Team Driver
Still have my old Team Associated C4.1, Team C Evo and Yokomo Bmax4 just in case my lads take up the sport someday.
Old 25-02-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Truth is I hadn't really considered how much there is - those speakers are massive!
I'll leave the child seats at home on Sunday, drop the back seats and it will be fine.
However all the stuff does need to be kept together.

Yz4 - Yz2
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Old 25-02-2013

Default All part of learning the role

You can adjust that 40 seconds but that impacts on the turnover of heats. The easiest option is to aim for 20-25 second lap times for an average driver.[/QUOTE]

Si,

It's funny that Roger would have told us the laps where too long, just by looking at the track but between us ALL couldn't figure it out for hours. Your explanation seems so obvious now!
All part of the steep learning curve we are all on.

Team Associated B6.1
Absima Team Driver
Old 25-02-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Some things make more sense when you can see them on the timing screen!

Yz4 - Yz2
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Old 25-02-2013
Mad Member

Thing is the track wasn't too long it was fine. It's always a longer track outdoors. Just change the setting as its probably been set up like that from the indoor meetings where you have shorter lap times. Track was bob on. Don't change the tracks change the settings.... We had loads of time and will have limitless time in the summer
Old 26-02-2013

Send a message via MSN to birdy

Lap times were only 30 seconds!! Just right if not a little short.

Just need to change settings on BBK.

www.bmrcc.co.uk