Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > YORCC - York

Old 20-03-2014

Default Racing at York 22 March-Club night

Racing this week is just a club night, no points at stake, just racing. 2wd, 4wd and truck classes. Bring along your vintage car for a change and see how it compares with modern stuff!! Doors open at 1745, racing starts 1845 (I hope-Mike Riley on Trailer and Nic Gordon at race control)
Please can we have more help setting up the track, and remember , if you dont actively help build the track you are not allowed to practice when it is complete. Last week 5-6 people built the track, and when finished there were 13 on the rostrum! The same 'extras' also disappeared at the end of racing without helping put the track away..despite an early finish.
Mike
Old 20-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike2222 View Post
Bring along your vintage car for a change and see how it compares with modern stuff!!
Ho Ho, I'll have mine ready in a few weeks. Once it's had a rebuild and a couple of mods for Lipo. I'll run it in the 540 heat.

Anybody got an RC10 and fancy a race?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sta40465.jpg (67.8 KB, 19 views)
Old 20-03-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Is the JRX-pro for sale? WANT one!
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 20-03-2014

Hi Neil, I first bought the car in 1990.

Then, take a look at this.

http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=625

I bought it back 8 years later!!!!!

It's mine now. Was going to do one of those restore threads but I've not got the patience.

This is the one you should have bought.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Team-Losi-...vip=true&rt=nc
Old 20-03-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

can't believe I've just missed that!
I had mine 1990ish and sold in 1993. tried to buy my old stuff back, but was long since sold on when i contacted the guy i sold to.
Been looking for a decent runner for 2 years, and would have paid more than that ebay one went for.

looking forward to seeing yours running anyway. bring it saturday if you are going. would like a nosey.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 20-03-2014

Cheers Neil

Can't do this Sat, but I will bring it next week. Once it's race ready you can have a go. I've got most of what I need...humm need to find some losi red pistons & some nice turnbukles....
Old 20-03-2014
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike2222 View Post
(I hope-Mike Riley on Trailer and Nic Gordon at race control)
So this is how it's happening... - it costs me a great deal of money (through not being at work) to race. If I don't think there are enough helpers building and dismantling the track I will cut the meeting to 3 rounds. I simply cannot afford to be even later out to work.
So, apologies in advance. Normal service will resume next week
Old 21-03-2014
Mad Member

Send a message via AIM to daz

Dude the problem isn't the track building, we are getting the track built by 6.30 most weekends. The problem what I have noticed is people are arriving later and later to book in. Didn't seem to be a problem last week. But the week before we had the track built in record time but the racing didn't start til around 7.15 due to late arrivals.
Old 21-03-2014

the main issue is the booking in takes much longer than track building (even with the usual 4-5 people building it) the track has been ready for racing by 6.30 several times and booking in is still going on. is there a way people could book in online or in advance to speed this up? i know its a slow process to book in 60 odd drivers so there either needs to be a pre-booking in or people need to actually turn up earlier to book in. if people cant make it there until 6.30/6.45 if they were able to prebook in this would help with that issue.

last week was an absolute joke with regards to the track building, the number of people stood in the pits doing nothing suddenly swarmed on the track as soon as it was ready and most hadnt lifted a finger to help. i wonder what would happen if the regular track builders did the same one week...
Old 23-03-2014

Default help

Help needed , If anyone has Peter Hulme-Moss number could you please ask him to ring Kev .. Thanks....