Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > 1/8 Nitro Off Road / Rallycross

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20-11-2011

Default Weird Behaviour

Hoping someone can give me a little guidance really. Only done 2 meetings so far with Nitro 8th scale, coming from an electric 10th background. Had a couple of weird issues today at NDOR. First of all is that every now and then, full throttle sticks on, this is easily correctable by applying the brakes, but obviously your not always in a position to react quickly enough. I have checked the end points on the throttle servo, and there is nothing to suggest that it is the servo is sticking on over-strain, and no signs of the needles fouling on anything either.

I am running a Picco Boost, with Savox 1258 throttle and Savox 1258 steering and Core R/C radio gear (the improved blue receiver version) I know i'm going to get some comments aimed at the "Picco" reputation lol

Also, I feel that the engine is very aggressive, it seems a little snatchy on acceleration, and a very fine line on the stick between half throttle and full throttle, there doesn't seem to be a smooth pick up, apart from messing with the throttle curve, am I right in thinking that I could try a harder clutch spring?

Sorry if I sound dumb I'm still learning lol

Cheers in advance