Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > Electrics

Old 04-04-2014
Mad Member

cheers roger , am considering changing my futaba 3gr for a sanwa exzes , altho nothing wrong with my 3gr , but got it 2nd hand and had it 18months !! , feel like some retail thereapy is in order
Old 04-04-2014
Mad Member

im considering getting the exzes z , ive seen some conflicting reports about what receivers work and what does'nt , can anyone confirm if the sanwa 371w will work ??

think it going to be quite exspensive ( need 3 rx's in total !!) and ned to do the math's first !!!
Old 04-04-2014
Mad Member

sorry double post
Old 08-01-2015

FHSS4 is only any use to you if you have compatible Sanwa servos on this pdf

http://www.sanwa-denshi.com/rc/commo...sc_conform.pdf

LRP have a helpful compatibility file too

http://www.lrp.cc/en/service/who-needs-what/?file=8478

Last edited by RC Kev; 08-01-2015 at 10:08 PM.
Old 17-11-2015
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Send a message via MSN to Southwell

Does anyone know if any very cheap receivers are compatible and available? This is only for VRC use, not proper racing.
Old 03-03-2016

Hi Guys

again sorry open up an old post just wanting some help, and just to make clear, I don't want any cheap crap receiver

I'm Currently using the Sanwa exzes X,,,,, in my TM2 and Evo, iv got a TM4 on its way, First 2 cars have the Revolution RX-451R Super Response Receivers in, Nice cost

I need a 3rd receiver for the TM4, now iv noticed the Sanwa Exzes Z comes with the RX - 471 Airtronics 92014, receiver

is there a difference in response speed from the 451R to the 471

as im always wanting to stay up to date with new spec, just not sure if the 471 is compatible with my Exzes X

or should I just stick with the 451R

Thanks Steve

Absima - Electrics
Old 04-03-2016

Hi Steve,

I can tell you that the 471 works with the Exzes X as that's what I have. In terms of response speed, I can't give you a technical answer, but even the 451R was faster than my thumbs could ever manage so I wouldn't discount it on that basis. I think the 471 has a smaller footprint, but other than that, the discernible differences are negligible.

HTH
Old 04-03-2016
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I'm using a 481 in my 2wd now, i'd pay the extra £10 for it.
Old 04-03-2016
Supah doOpah

Send a message via MSN to PaulRotheram

I thought only the Z worked with the 481? Those receivers look good if they work on both??
Old 04-03-2016
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulRotheram View Post
I thought only the Z worked with the 481? Those receivers look good if they work on both??
No, the Z works with the 472 and 482 (and 451,451R,471,481). The 481 is X compatible. It's the one with integral antenna and smaller footprint.

471's are meant to the be faster response than the 451R, but I doubt is noticeable by most. I can't feel difference between my 451R, 471 and 481.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by neallewis; 04-03-2016 at 11:23 PM.
Old 04-03-2016
Supah doOpah

Send a message via MSN to PaulRotheram

Cheers neal, good to know for the future! Not planning to get a Z, not enough to get me to swap for the price.
Old 04-03-2016
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to MattW

Both X and Z can be used with pretty much all of them - possibly not the really early ones. The only advantage of 471 and above when running an X is size. Even if the receiver is "faster" it won't make any difference as the radio won't be able to transmit that fast.
Old 04-03-2016
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattW View Post
Both X and Z can be used with pretty much all of them - possibly not the really early ones. The only advantage of 471 and above when running an X is size. Even if the receiver is "faster" it won't make any difference as the radio won't be able to transmit that fast.
No, the Z specific 472 and 482 (telemetry) don't work with the X. All the X compatible ones will work with the Z, which is probably what you mean :-)
Spot on with the point about the size, additionally the 48x series offering internal antenna and a smaller (but taller) footprint over the 47x

Oh new ZZ out now... sleepy Zzzz

http://sanwa-denshi.com/rc/car/propo/exzes_zz.html
http://sanwa-denshi.com/rc/car/propo/exzes_z.html
http://sanwa-denshi.com/rc/car/propo/exzes_x.html

Faster is subjective. It's latency (delay) you detect. In newer models (X and above) then have reduced latency to the point that its undetectable. I've not noticed a difference between Z and X models (when I've borrowed a Z), so they are all good. Switching to the legacy modes FHSS-2 (with RX-531, etc), again I've not done this so can not comment on how much of an improvement the newer (FHSS-3+) receivers are over the older ones.

With an X, you can use upto an RX-471/RX481 FHSS-3 spec receiver.

http://sanwa-denshi.com/rc/car/receiver/rx-481.html
http://sanwa-denshi.com/rc/car/receiver/rx-471.html

With a Z you can use upto an RX-472/RX482 FHSS-4 spec receiver.

No latency/response figures are quoted to be able to compare FHSS-3 and FHSS-4. I suspect they are the exactly same, with FHSS-4 spec adding telemetry support.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 04-03-2016
Mad Member

Send a message via MSN to MattW

Neil, no, I meant that 472 works with the x, because I'm pretty confident that it does! I have a car sat here with a 472 in it, and its owner uses a x radio! I could dig my old X out and bind it up just to confirm, but I really can't be bothered.

The 4x2 receivers allow setting of the Sanwa esc' from the radio. Although that feature is z specific, so no benefit (other than size vs 451) with an X radio.

The 471 is FHSS4, it says so on the link you helpfully put up
Old 05-03-2016
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattW View Post
Neil, no, I meant that 472 works with the x, because I'm pretty confident that it does! I have a car sat here with a 472 in it, and its owner uses a x radio! I could dig my old X out and bind it up just to confirm, but I really can't be bothered.

The 4x2 receivers allow setting of the Sanwa esc' from the radio. Although that feature is z specific, so no benefit (other than size vs 451) with an X radio.

The 471 is FHSS4, it says so on the link you helpfully put up
The sanwa info says the 472 wont work with the X. The X is FHSS-3 not FHSS-4. If it binds and works great, but sanwa do not say it will. I've not bound one, so can't say either way.

The 4x2 receivers have telemetry, so data sent in two ways, not just from Tx to Rx. This send back useful data like BEC voltage, and with the sanwa speedo allows settings changes, which is a nice function. Technically in 1/10th OR, telemetry is not allowed, or wasn't last time I read the rules. Never seen it policed though, as lots use the Z.

The 471/481 are FHSS-3/4 with no telemetry. They binds as FHSS-3 on the X and FHSS-4 on the Z. I was talking about the (X vs Z) transmitter protocol, not the receivers, which clearly do both :-)
Old 05-03-2016
oOple Advertiser

A bit off original subject but obviously telemetry only works with the Exzes Z/472/Sanwa super vortex speedo. Most if not all UK supplied Z's came with the 471 receiver, not 472. There can only be a handful of super vortex speedos in the country, so very few people will be using telemetry with their Z's. (so we aren't cheating lol)

--SMD--INSIDE LINE MODELS--PR RACING UK--

My feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79696
Old 05-03-2016
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by neallewis View Post
The sanwa info says the 472 wont work with the X. The X is FHSS-3 not FHSS-4. If it binds and works great, but sanwa do not say it will. I've not bound one, so can't say either way.

The 4x2 receivers have telemetry, so data sent in two ways, not just from Tx to Rx. This send back useful data like BEC voltage, and with the sanwa speedo allows settings changes, which is a nice function. Technically in 1/10th OR, telemetry is not allowed, or wasn't last time I read the rules. Never seen it policed though, as lots use the Z.

The 471/481 are FHSS-3/4 with no telemetry. They binds as FHSS-3 on the X and FHSS-4 on the Z. I was talking about the (X vs Z) transmitter protocol, not the receivers, which clearly do both :-)
The specs say: Frequency: 2.4GHz FH3/FH4T for the 472, so i assume it does work with the X. Not sure why you would go for the 47 when the 48 is a much better in footprint and no aerial, unless it was substantially cheaper of course
Old 05-03-2016

Default hi

472 works with an x.

I have one
Old 05-03-2016
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prbanks View Post
472 works with an x.

I have one
Good. it's undocumented by sanwa, and specs say it won't. This just reinforces my belief that fhss-4 is just an extension of fhss-3 to allow the extra telemetry data to be carried/encoded. So either the reciever is steeping down to fhss3 (472/482 receiver spec says it's fhss-4 only) or they are one and the same?
Old 06-03-2016
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by neallewis View Post

You need a sanwa esc for telemetry

Yokomo - Nemoracing
Sb Designs
http://www.fairfueluk.com/