Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > General Race Chat

Old 17-12-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark christopher View Post
yup you would bring out a system that screws over many model car racers who went for a cost efective, british product with better customer service, that on robs test had 100% hit rate on rc3 for his tested 63 drivers at the event on mrt pt's..... oh and you can order as many as you like to your own personal number (which is mine not amb as i paid for it)
Change the record Mark, you keep re-typing the same statement over and over again, so 63 racers have mrt's, OK that's fact, so is that rc4 is better and improved for amb/mylaps customers and as their customer I'm happy with that.

You and the other 62 mrt racers are happy with their product, great !

Then we are all happy with what we have bought and use, happy days

Great for York, that's their decision and I'm sure their happy
Support from: My Back Pocket

Driver - 'Derek'
Feedback Link : http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48311
Old 17-12-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClydeBuilt View Post
So.....plenty of 2nd user PT's on the way then LOL
2nd hand mrt's yes !
Rob is reporting trade-ins on PT's are up by a factor of 20 and most of the trades are mrt's

So do you see a trend here

Driver - 'Derek'
Old 17-12-2012
Spends too long on oOple ...

Send a message via MSN to mark christopher

Quote:
Originally Posted by knighthawk View Post
Change the record Mark, you keep re-typing the same statement over and over again, so 63 racers have mrt's, OK that's fact, so is that rc4 is better and improved for amb/mylaps customers and as their customer I'm happy with that.

You and the other 62 mrt racers are happy with their product, great !

Then we are all happy with what we have bought and use, happy days

Great for York, that's their decision and I'm sure their happy

thats 63 mrt users at one meeting which there were 80 entrants. (around 75% of the meeting ran mrt)

ill change my record when you stop slating mrt and accept the upgradeis not good for the sport and is not needed!

* entrant list to prove figures
http://www.centralbooking.org/cbs/index.php?Itemid=337
Old 17-12-2012

Quote:
2nd hand mrt's yes !
Rob is reporting trade-ins on PT's are up by a factor of 20 and most of the trades are mrt's

So do you see a trend here
Blah Blah (do us a favour and write the name on the soles of your shoes Mr Knighthawk)
so as your well in with Rob, why cant the price not be lowered to all buyers, not just those trading in? (after all the mrt's are worthless to him)

Last edited by Col; 17-12-2012 at 09:40 PM.
Old 17-12-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
thats 63 mrt users at one meeting which there were 80 entrants. (around 75% of the meeting ran mrt)

ill change my record when you stop slating mrt and accept the upgradeis not good for the sport and is not needed!

* entrant list to prove figures
http://www.centralbooking.org/cbs/index.php?Itemid=337
All this says is that 63 racers have to make their mind up !

As for me slating mrt, yep guilty as charged, but then you are more guilty of slating mylaps

The new rc4 count detect is better 300% better with 'Harry's', hence the upgrade, if you can't see that then maybe your just not reading the facts or are just so peeved at your mrt purchase choice that you hope slagging it off on a public forum that clubs are so put off just in case you slag them off for having the audacity of upgrading to rc4

As for blah blah, grow up, I like about 99% use a forum name, I have no problem or shame in this !
As normal though, you have posted information that you have not been given permission to use !

Well done Mr Mark Christopher

Driver - 'Derek'
Old 17-12-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I'm sorry but 300% better? Really? Sounds BS to me, mostly because in my experience virtually all missed laps are a result of operator error ie the race director or driver. Consequently they are rare at any well run club and when they do occur its a result of something that means it won't matter if you are running RC3 or 4 - like when we got water in the loop box.
If there are more than 3 missed laps at a major meeting it would be a surprise, so how can one be 300% better?

RC4 won't mean less missed laps because RC3 doesn't miss laps when run properly. RC4 will still miss the same laps if the loop isn't right......

Anyway I can also say that a straw poll at Bury yesterday means we too won't be going RC4. Too many members with MRT's - and we have some nice handouts anyone with a Purcy can use

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)
Old 17-12-2012

Quote:
All this says is that 63 racers have to make their mind up !

As for me slating mrt, yep guilty as charged, but then you are more guilty of slating mylaps

The new rc4 count detect is better 300% better with 'Harry's', hence the upgrade, if you can't see that then maybe your just not reading the facts or are just so peeved at your mrt purchase choice that you hope slagging it off on a public forum that clubs are so put off just in case you slag them off for having the audacity of upgrading to rc4

As for blah blah, grow up
thats 63 at ONE meeting, how many in the BRCA membership own MRT....
so rc4 counts 300% better, well robs results show all current bugs counted 100%... so no fickin problem is there!! Guess what 100% means zero missed laps. Thats the important fact any racer needs.

clubs are there for thier members...

how about you get me some facts from rob re the question on cost? seeing as you know all the facts about mylaps...
Old 17-12-2012
Mad Member

http://www.bbksoftware.com/

I like you Mark just read the details on the above website, that's all I need to know, my equipment is OK with both RC3 and RC4 Decoders, so that's me OK and that's all I have to know. I don't spread rumour or Lie's, I have only posted what I've read, you have gone above and beyond to slate this from the start and other topics, nice

As for clubs and their choice, great that they make their choice based on their club members, I commend you completely.

All I have ever said is fact from whats written and said racers will have to make their own minds up !
MRT have made a cheap imitation product and priced it to sell, that's fact again.
Mylaps own the decoders and the firmware and its their right to supply a upgrade to stop MRT using their system. fact again.

Driver - 'Derek'
Old 17-12-2012
oOple Advertiser

I've never had a missed lap with my mrt. Our club Mansfield will also not be "upgrading" to rc4

--SMD--INSIDE LINE MODELS--PR RACING UK--

My feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79696
Old 17-12-2012

Quote:
that has no mention of the price question!!

as below 100% detection of ALL bugs on RC2 and RC3 so ZERO missed laps through out the meeting, so having 300% count will do what?
RC4 Decoder testing at Rug Racers 2nd December 2012
We did some testing at the Rug Racers event to check if the MRT transponders were behaving at a race as they do in our bench tests. We connected an RC3 and RC4 Decoder to the loop that was being used to time the event. The event was timed using the older RC2 Decoder. The following table shows the % of passes recorded.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf Decoder.pdf (88.3 KB, 16 views)
Old 17-12-2012
Mad Member

Mark,
I don't work for either Mylaps or BBK Software so can't comment, I'm a customer and as such accept the price given for the product and make my mind up if to buy or not.

More facts
Quote:
RC4 Decoder testing at Rug Racers 2nd December 2012 Part 2
We did some testing at the Rug Racers event to check if the AMB and Mylaps Transponders were behaving at a race as they do in our bench tests. We compared the performance of the transponders detected by the RC4 Decoder and the RC2 Decoder used to time the event. Of particular interest were the number of "hits" detected. In simple terms the more "hits" the less likely a "missed count". The following table shows the average % ratio of "hits" detected by the RC4 Decoder compared to the RC2 Decoder for the same transponder. the number in () is the total number of transponders of each type.

The absolute number of "hits" for a particular transponder type varies from car to car, depending on the position of the transponder and the components around it. To work reliably the signal has to be detected as the car approaches, crosses and leaves the loop and the time and strength of each "hit" is used to calculate when the car crosses the loop. The more "hits" the better the accuracy. For each passing the number of hits will vary slightly. I have seen instances of the decoder getting less that 10 hits from some transponders and by moving the transponder to a better position the number of "hits" increases. If there are a low number of "hits" then sooner or later a lap will be missed.

To get an accurate time of crossing the loop the car needs to be moving quickly. That way the transponder is in one place (centre of the loop) for less time. Putting the loop in a slow part of the track was important when cars were manually counted but we haven't done that for over 20 years. The best place is on a fast part of the track where the cars can safely go flat out. Racing to the loop in a slow part of the track on the last lap of qualifying is dangerous for marshals.

As cars get faster and carbon fibre and to a lesser extend alloy is used in chassis material we need a "better" transponder signal. Both carbon fibre and alloy block the signal. More detail on this can be found here Why do Transponders miss laps? Increasing the signal strength doesn't help as it results in transponder pickup over a wider area for cars with good mounting positions. This just creates more problems with cars being detected on other parts of the track. More "hits" generated and detected per unit time improves accuracy and reliability.

In addition to improvements in transponder performance for new and old AMB/Mylaps transponders RC4 includes the Pure RC4 transponder (Purcy). Purcy allows several transponders with the same 7 digit number but an extra unique ID number. In some types of RC racing it is permitted to use more than one chassis during an event, in others it is not. The extra ID number is there so the Timing System can detect if more than one transponder is used with the same 7 digit number. Without this it would be possible to fake results by using more than one transponder, one in the car and one placed near the loop. As the RC2 and RC3 firmware cannot report the Car ID (it was developed later), Car ID transponders only work with RC4 firmware. The RC4 decoder can be used with software that is not RC4 "aware". In this circumstance the decoder will ignore a second Purcy transponder with the same 7 number for a timeout period. This timeout period can be controlled in the RC4 Decoder by the timekeeper.

RC4 Decoder testing at Rug Racers 2nd December 2012
We did some testing at the Rug Racers event to check if the MRT transponders were behaving at a race as they do in our bench tests. We connected an RC3 and RC4 Decoder to the loop that was being used to time the event. The event was timed using the older RC2 Decoder. The following table shows the % of passes recorded.

This demonstrates that all AMB/Mylaps transponders work reliably with the RC4 Decoders but MRT transponders do not, in fact only 1 in 5 PTX transponders recorded any laps at all. We have offered a trade in for MRT transponders in exchange for Harry transponders since April 2010 and continue to do so.2nd December 2012

Driver - 'Derek'
Old 17-12-2012

facts proving what?
Old 17-12-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
facts proving what?
That I posted the facts as it written.
And all of them

Driver - 'Derek'
Old 17-12-2012

Quote:
As normal though, you have posted information that you have not been given permission to use !

Well done Mr Mark Christopher

what info dont i have permission to use then?
Old 17-12-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
what info dont i have permission to use then?
Duh, my name for one !

Driver - 'Derek'
Old 17-12-2012

Quote:

I don't spread rumour or Lie's

Mylaps own the decoders and the firmware and its their right to supply a upgrade to stop MRT using their system. fact again.
so your 100% in the claim Mylaps own all the decoders that clubs/organizations have purchased?
Old 17-12-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
so your 100% in the claim Mylaps own all the decoders that clubs/organizations have purchased?
Haa Haa you make me laugh, so twist it a little more chap go on.

Do AMB or Mylaps produce the product, Answer Yes
That's what MyLaps are providing the update for, It's AMB or Mylaps stamped ( Labelled ) on the decoders, the firmware is written for the said Decoders

That's my Claim and you know it, stop trying to be funny

Driver - 'Derek'
Old 17-12-2012

Quote:
Twist it chap go on.

Do AMB or Mylaps produce the product, Answer Yes
That's what MyLaps are providing the update for, It's AMB or Mylaps stamped ( Labelled ) on the decoders, the firmware is written for the said Decoders

That's my Claim and you know it, stop trying to be funny
you claimed they own them.... dont go back pedling on us now!

as you seem unable to get this in your head, im against this because its not needed and not for the good of the hobby. everything is working as is.
i could go out and buy 5 harrys tomorrow if i wanted to. thats not my issue
Old 17-12-2012
Awesome Admin

Send a message via AIM to Col

Quote:
Duh, my name for one !
Edited
Old 17-12-2012

Quote:
Blah Blah (do us a favour and write the name on the soles of your shoes Mr Knighthawk..)
so as your well in with Rob, why cant the price not be lowered to all buyers, not just those trading in? (after all the mrt's are worthless to him)
Quote:
Duh, my name for one !

Really thats your name? what a coincidence!, I just asked you to write that name on your shoe soles! had no idea you were the the one sucking up on the bbk thread...

Last edited by Col; 17-12-2012 at 09:45 PM.