Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Bury Metro

Old 08-12-2014

Default Club info for new member

hi guys - does the club just run monthly indoors over winter? Is it also monthly outdoors in the summer or more frequent?

also what is the membership fee per year please and do I pay online or at the club venue?

what time do I need to get to the indoor venue for on a club race day and what time does it generally finish please?

lastly, I run a bmax2 v2in mid motor position - but have been looking at the team c cars for a bit now. The bmax is my first car that I got when I first started racing a couple of months ago. Just wondered how the team c evo compares to the bmax in terms of handling, durability and just general overall quality for a 2wd buggy?
thanks guys
Old 08-12-2014

Default Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by whites75 View Post
hi guys - does the club just run monthly indoors over winter? Is it also monthly outdoors in the summer or more frequent?

also what is the membership fee per year please and do I pay online or at the club venue?

what time do I need to get to the indoor venue for on a club race day and what time does it generally finish please?

lastly, I run a bmax2 v2in mid motor position - but have been looking at the team c cars for a bit now. The bmax is my first car that I got when I first started racing a couple of months ago. Just wondered how the team c evo compares to the bmax in terms of handling, durability and just general overall quality for a 2wd buggy?
thanks guys
Hi there Whites75

We run only monthly INDOORS over winter due to cost of venue hire.

Indoor venue at counthill opens for 9.30am. Getting there early means you can help get the gear out to help set the track up. Sooner the track is built sooner the racing starts.
We usually finish around 4pm, with track clearing away now taking about 10mins if everyone grabs something before they leave.

This year we are also running monthly OUTDOORS, although this is as you'd expect weather permitting. see the calendar on our webpage for dates and times. (Use my link below )

The summer series was fortnightly this year, although this is largely due to the availability of race controllers. We are slowly increasing the numbers of capable race controllers, which should in theory increase the frequency of the outdoor meetings.

Membership fee is a reasonable £5 per driver per year. This is collected at the first meeting in the new year, you can simply pay in cash and we will tick your name off.
You are responsible for joining the BRCA and then provide your number to the club before racing.

As for the car, all I can help with is I like my team C tm2 v1 mid motor, but I ain't any good so you'd best wait for advice from the other lads.

Hope to see you there Sunday.

Darren

Bury Metro Member http://www.bmrcc.co.uk/

Team Associated B6.1
Absima Team Driver
Still have my old Team Associated C4.1, Team C Evo and Yokomo Bmax4 just in case my lads take up the sport someday.