Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Bedfordshire RC Model Car Club

Old 12-01-2010

Default 1/18 scale

hi all

does anyone have any ideas on what 1/18 scale buggy/truggy i should go for. The obviouse one ive looked at is the FTX blaze and its a reasonable price too but just want to check out other 1/18 before i buy

thanx
Old 12-01-2010

Well if you had been at our club last night you'd be amazed how quick the Maverick Atom cars are! RTR for under £80

There are also some FTX Blaze cars and I myself have got an Xray M18T Pro but have not yet run it yet.

It would also seem that everyone is converting their cars to run with 1:10th scale wheels.

Andy's Maverick was one of the fastest cars on track last night. If you are near to us, why not come along to the first round of our Winter Championship that starts on Friday 22 January and have a look before you buy anything...

Regards
Old 12-01-2010

ive got a maverick atom myself and have just recently joined the club but i am looking for something else for my birthday as my sister wants my atom
Old 12-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkytom95 View Post
ive got a maverick atom myself and have just recently joined the club but i am looking for something else for my birthday as my sister wants my atom
Arrrrrhhhhh! You must be Tom who raced with us last night, welcome

What to choose from... well I can't give you an opinion of the Xray yet as I have not raced it yet, but to be honest those Mavericks do fly as Andy's showed us. There are several FTX Blaze chassis racing so at least if you were to get one of those you would have plenty of help and advice from fellow members about setup.

Good news to hear that your sister wants to get her hands on the Maverick, there is also another young female driver looking to join so she will not feel out of place.

Regards