Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Titchfield Off Road Club Hants

Old 29-11-2009
Spends too long on oOple ...

Exclamation IMPORTANT Message from Julian - Meeting 02/12/2009 to discuss TORCH

Hi guys,

We were talking last Sunday (22/11/09) about all meeting up at a pub one evening to talk about were we want the TORCH club to go.

We have decided to hold a meeting at the Roebuck on the A32 just north of Wickham on Wednesday 2nd December at 7:30pm for a couple of hours.

Venue is pot luck and we can find another venue next year for a regular meeting if we all want to.

Hope to see you there with any ideas you have.

Best regards,

Julian

Proposed Agenda
1. Forming a proper committee
2. Formation of working parties – drainage, maintenance
3. Membership of BRCA – advantages/disadvantages
4. Membership fees
5. Oople Forum
6. Facilities – car parking, toilets, rostrum, hut, track layout
7. Anything else. - Added by Mike S

Venue
THE ROEBUCK,
KINGSMEAD,
DROXFORD ROAD (A32),
WICKHAM
P017 5AY

If you need to speak to Julian please refer to his number on the Titchfield website or PM me here and I'll forward the message on to Julian.
Old 29-11-2009
Mad Member

I'll be there
SWorkz S12-2

Instagram: crazylthirteen
Blogger: http://the-croucher.blogspot.co.uk/
Old 29-11-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

This is another great step for you guys!!!

If there is anything you need to know for this meeting please ask, if I don't have the answer I know people that do!!!!
Good job!!!
Old 29-11-2009

Would love to be there Mike, but i don't finish work till 7 during the week and don't get home til 7.30, so no way i can get down. But i think we are singing of the same song sheet when it comes the the clubs development so i'm sure the right things will be said.
I'm glad i came down today, despite not racing, it was great to meet Nathan and David, those guys are so passionate about racing and all that goes with it. I feel great things will happen.

Won't be able to make next week, would love to see what racing in frost is like in the coming weeks.

Cheers
Neil

Hobbywing Xr10 Pro - Savox -Much More - Sanwa

SURREY AND HANTS RADIO CONTROLLED CAR CLUB - SHRCCC
Old 29-11-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randall34 View Post
Would love to be there Mike, but i don't finish work till 7 during the week and don't get home til 7.30, so no way i can get down. But i think we are singing of the same song sheet when it comes the the clubs development so i'm sure the right things will be said.
I'm glad i came down today, despite not racing, it was great to meet Nathan and David, those guys are so passionate about racing and all that goes with it. I feel great things will happen.

Won't be able to make next week, would love to see what racing in frost is like in the coming weeks.

Cheers
Neil
No worries.

Drop me an pm and I'll give you my email address. If there is anything you want to raise drop me an email and I'll take it along.

Yeah sound chaps.
Old 30-11-2009

I am aiming to be there, I work in Odiham so I can drive straight there when I finish work at 7.

I will be knackered after a 12hr shift but I will be there............

Titchfield Off Road Club Hants

www.huntersystems.co.uk
Old 01-12-2009

Crap - one night this week I can't make .

I have no particular stuff to say anyway - perhaps just to make sure that we don't try to go too 'professional' and scare off the more casual drivers. TORCH has a great atmosphere, though, so I'm sure that won't happen
Old 01-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisdairO View Post
Crap - one night this week I can't make .

I have no particular stuff to say anyway - perhaps just to make sure that we don't try to go too 'professional' and scare off the more casual drivers. TORCH has a great atmosphere, though, so I'm sure that won't happen
Professional in the sense of drivers or the way it's run?

I'm all up for top drivers racing at TORCH and teaching us more. If it means two heats of 2WD / 4WD and the regulars getting bumped to the B final, that's racing
Old 01-12-2009

I'll be there.
Old 01-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by wylie View Post
I'll be there.
Cool
Old 01-12-2009

Mike, i have sent Julian a list of proposals for the AGM, gutted i cant make it, but i didnt have enough notice.

Hope its a very productive evening.

I'll call you Thurs to get an update if thats ok

matt
Old 01-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt-h View Post
Mike, i have sent Julian a list of proposals for the AGM, gutted i cant make it, but i didnt have enough notice.

Hope its a very productive evening.

I'll call you Thurs to get an update if thats ok

matt
Think this will be the first of a few as i think we've got a lot to do for 2010.
Old 01-12-2009

Brill
Old 01-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyscott View Post
Professional in the sense of drivers or the way it's run?

I'm all up for top drivers racing at TORCH and teaching us more. If it means two heats of 2WD / 4WD and the regulars getting bumped to the B final, that's racing
A couple of things, really. First to be aware that the guys who run the club have no real desire to put on regionals, etc. Since they're the ones who have kept the club running for years on end, I think it would be a shame to start pushing in that direction.

Second, that the issue with having more professional drivers along is a corresponding (and understandable!) increase in competitiveness. I remember when I used to race as a kid that as the club grew larger incidents like shouting at newcomers who had messed up when marshalling became substantially more common too - and it really did put off new arrivals.

Basically, I think it's brilliant that the club is growing - just to say that personally I enjoy the very relaxed, friendly atmosphere, and wouldn't want it to change. I have seen no signs of the above couple of things going on at TORCH, I just think it's something worth keeping an eye on as time goes by.
Old 01-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisdairO View Post
A couple of things, really. First to be aware that the guys who run the club have no real desire to put on regionals, etc. Since they're the ones who have kept the club running for years on end, I think it would be a shame to start pushing in that direction.

Second, that the issue with having more professional drivers along is a corresponding (and understandable!) increase in competitiveness. I remember when I used to race as a kid that as the club grew larger incidents like shouting at newcomers who had messed up when marshalling became substantially more common too - and it really did put off new arrivals.

Basically, I think it's brilliant that the club is growing - just to say that personally I enjoy the very relaxed, friendly atmosphere, and wouldn't want it to change. I have seen no signs of the above couple of things going on at TORCH, I just think it's something worth keeping an eye on as time goes by.
I agree about the relaxed atomsphere.

Re the different skills of the drivers, manners I believe has nothing to do with skill. It's something that needs to be made clear for when new members and guests turn up. With abusive racers I'd happliy take away their FTQ etc or if they're a real problem - bar them.

As for the longer term we'll see what happens tomorrow night. Personally I have no issues with running a regional event during the year. It's only one day etc. and part of the meeting on Wednesday is to help the guys who have done a stirling job. The way I look at a regional meetings is: (1) A different days racing (2) A way of boosting funding to meet the clubs needs - i.e. servicing generator etc.

From a week to week I think the club is doing fine and a great club.

The chaps who came down at the weekend had a brilliant some suggestions which will be discussed further. I am currently following up the lead with regards to track hoses etc.

At the end of the day it's these meetings that allow us to discuss this
Old 01-12-2009
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

As far as a relaxed atmosphere we have this at many tracks that regularly get 50+ drivers. It's a few people that make it bad, not the amount of people that make it bad!!!
If as a club you make it clear that you are not gonna take any crap and then speak in private to people that do, this will keep any trouble to a minimum.
This is racing, people get into it and hearts race and emotions sore, this is part of why we do this sport!!!

I can only see more members as a positive, more money for the club, more help for the club, more fun for the club!!!

And regionals are really no different than any other meeting, our regionals are very relaxed usually with the top boys laughing with each other during the "A" final!!!
Old 01-12-2009
Mad Member

I shall pop along, i agree with Alistair though, needs to be a happy outcome for all concerned. I can't word this without it sounding a bit off and it is not meant to, but Julian, Ian, Dave Moore and a few other kept this club going when for whatever reason Steve B, Mike and others stopped going, we have to be respectful to them as it is there club. I will support whatever they wish and be glad i have such a great local club. Regional’s etc defo interests me, but it is not going to make or break whether i continue to go. The club should be what they wish and will help where i can with that.

Look forwards to seeing you tomorrow

Dave
Old 01-12-2009

Hi, with regards to top drivers bringing a competitive edge to a meeting and spoiling it for new comers, I think you would find most of these drivers look forward to a relaxed days racing, a fun days racing when the result makes no difference.

At club meetings as well you will find most of these drivers will have a lot more time to chat and help anyone with set-ups. I always end up working on someone’s Cat, setting the car up or rebuilding the diff.

So if you get some ‘A’ team drivers come and race make the most of them. Don’t be afraid to ask.

Mike
Old 02-12-2009
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wylie View Post
I'll be there.
That's a surprise Tony, I thought you'd be at home playing bloody Farmville
SWorkz S12-2

Instagram: crazylthirteen
Blogger: http://the-croucher.blogspot.co.uk/
Old 04-12-2009

So....... What was the outcome of the meeting? I'm dying to know what was talked about and what was decided?

Hobbywing Xr10 Pro - Savox -Much More - Sanwa

SURREY AND HANTS RADIO CONTROLLED CAR CLUB - SHRCCC