Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 02-03-2012

Send a message via AIM to EDS Send a message via MSN to EDS Send a message via Yahoo to EDS
Default 22 body on Dex210 + custom front bumper

Hey guys, I want to share with you guys some custom work I did on my Dex210.

The stock body is alright.. its pretty cool but, before I got a dex I had a B4 and always wished the chassis and body were slim like the 22. When I got the Dex210 I still felt the same way... so I looked into ways to get a 22 body on the 210. Some might say well why not just get a 22? For me I used to be an Associated fan boy.. so I just don't want a Losi.. plus, I feel the Durango is a better buggy all around.

So.. to get a 22 body to fit I found the best and easiest way to achieve this was to use the stock "side pods"/mudguards and trim them down. This way I didn't have to make any custom parts to mount up to the front and rear ends. I love using velcro to hold the body one so I decided to use 1/4" lexan to make the side higher and also give a place for the wires to rest.. along with adding strength.

The losi 22 body isn't tall enough in the front to clear the servo.. and the body comes pre-cut (GRRRR why losi? why?) so I decided to butcher my stock Dex210 body for a sorta of front "cowling". I got the dex210 body used and it was painted white.. tried to strip the paint for the lexan got clouded so that's why it looks weird.

I got a cheap 22 body off of ebay that was cut for mid motor.. I'm only temporarily using it to test wither I like mid-motor or rear-motor better..once I choose I will get a new front cowling painted up and a new 22 body!

Here is how it turned out... I am very happy with the results!
(Don't mind the servo.. the tabs broke off so I have to get a new case)

While I was at it I noticed that the 210 doesn't have a "real" front bumper..I have heard after much use the front of the chassis, the bulkhead,and the a-arms start to wear and break.. I looked into getting a Bugleboy front bumper but shipping was too much so I made my own out of 1/8" Lexan.. it has held up great and I like how it looks

I also fashioned a temporary rear bumper..

That's all folks.. let me know what you think! Some people this it is pointless to do all that work to put a 22 body on the car...but, I like how it looks better than the stock body.. many like the stock body.. I understand.
Old 02-03-2012
Mad Member

Sorry but it looks better with the std body on in my opinion but if you like it then fine. That rear bumper thing you've put on is piontless it with end up getting stuff caught in it and pulling it off and by the way you've got 2 screws missing were the side pods attach at the front on top and one missing at the back underneath

Trader feedback
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25152
Old 02-03-2012
Mad Member

I really love the stock body, but I understand that some may want a slightly narrower look - after all that's the most eyecatching feature on first sight of Durango's first car

Even though it seems a little less practical with a more open body and cut sidepods that may alter chassis rigidity and a shorty LiPo changing the balance and all - I quite like what you did here from here I think it could be worth it to make a custom body for it. You know, make your own mould, send it to someone with a vacuum forming machine, and you'll have a narrow DEX210 with very professional looks! And perhaps you can sell a few to the public while you're at it, I'm sure there are enough people out there who are looking for a very similar mod!
Old 02-03-2012

Nice and black you should get a black chassis protector of Afun79 finish the dark look of nicely :-)