Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > KYOSHO

Old 03-03-2016
Mad Member

So just asking, why is £300 considered the norm, and Kyosho pull this one?
Serious question and food for thought, is it just capitalising on its worlds astro performance?
Im not bagging on the car, Neil has me all wrong, im boggled why it has to be sold this way!
And lets face it, if it doesnt sell in the numbers Kyosho expect, itll see the massive cuts the ZX6 kit got not so long back!
Im no stranger to costly cars BTW, so thats just petty jabbing, that i dont mind, a distributor will always defend what he thinks is right, which is admirable!

Lee
Old 03-03-2016

Let's face it, it's clearly aimed at people that already have an RB6. Maybe Kyosho have missed a trick here in not selling it as a conversion or full kit for another 60 or 70 quid. Look at when the KF first came out, it was a fairly expensive car then there was the shorty conversion, the low grip conversion etc. so it's nothing new
Old 03-03-2016
Mad Member

Spot on, launch this as a full car for £350 to £370 ish, great idea, hell they could hold back the wheels lol!
And there are bound to be further tuning options that Kyosho can further make money off, designating it to a target audience of curent RB6 owners, seems a bit narrow minded or elitist, anyway, i look forward to seeing some in action!

Lee
Old 03-03-2016
Mad Member

As people have already said this car is aimed at RB6 owners?? What they have been calling for... Alot in the USA as well...

All you would need if you didn't own an RB6 is just the front end parts and shocks...rear wishbones and hubs.. So I'm sure you could pick those up at a good price... Even a second hand RB6 would be a good idea?

Last edited by njc11; 03-03-2016 at 08:18 PM.
Old 03-03-2016

Got to admit I think they have missed a trick by not making it a full kit for say £340-£350. It might of tempted some more people to try Kyosho out as a brand who haven't before. I've ran a DB2 and know how good that car is, so I'm sure the RZ6 will be top quality and good performer.
Old 06-03-2016
Mad Member

I see, so if the car is aimed at RB6 owners, Kyosho dont want new members into its 2wd fold i gather, and would rather price them out in not offering a non elitist kit?
Id buy this in a heartbeat at £350 +, but in its current guise, its plain ridiculous, and lets not bag on about quality, there is quality abound in this day and age, sort yourselves out Kyosho lol!

Lee
Old 06-03-2016

That conversation price will be too much for some, me included and will really put people off. I am sure there will be people out there who are prepared to spend £500 plus on a 2wd and I sincerely hope they do so when that are done with it and it comes up for sale on Oople I can buy it for half the price it cost them. I totally get Neil Skull defending Kyoshos decision to make a conversion only and sell it at that price but I am sure even he knows it's a big price for what it is.
Old 12-03-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by njc11 View Post
Couldn't have said it better myself Mark :

Neil.... The car Tebo ran at the worlds was a prototype car.. So not available to anyone else to run so you can't really say that's it's not won races or appeared at eos etc... Even at those races Kyosho haven't really had any of there top drivers there? The car is quite abit different to db2 etc anyway, ally chassis no top decks...

Your a die hard yokomo fan anyway and I can tell your jealous
wonder which of them he runs?
i had a Kyosho Rb6 for 3 years and was a very very good car and i had the DB1 and the DB2 and they were not all that great but looked nice.
this maybe a good car by all accounts and price shouldnt put people off really as if you buy a yoko you have to spend £400 on upgrades
Old 12-03-2016
Mad Member

You dont have to spend £400 on upgrades for a Yokomo at all, thats as bad as saying they break front arms at the drop of a hat, revise your subject matter, its more like £250 on upgrades

Lee
Old 12-03-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphee View Post
You dont have to spend £400 on upgrades for a Yokomo at all, thats as bad as saying they break front arms at the drop of a hat, revise your subject matter, its more like £250 on upgrades

Lee
So you buy a kit for £300.00 then spend another £250.00

There's my point
Old 12-03-2016
Mad Member

So I gather the RZ6 wont have upgrades, itll be the be all and end all from the box? Its already missing the nice Tebo towers. Theres my point, its still expensive

Lee
Old 12-03-2016

Quote:
So I gather the RZ6 wont have upgrades, itll be the be all and end all from the box? Its already missing the nice Tebo towers. Theres my point, its still expensive

Lee
Will tebo towers make it any better tho?

My point is no matter what people spend money on kits no matter how good they are or are not out off the box and to be honest I don't think £500-£600 is a car is expensive

You have some really nice cars you know what I am saying that bottom line really we spend that much money on these things is it really any different from buying a kit and then spending money on it

I do tho agree with you in part think should be a full kit but I would still pay the money for it
Old 12-03-2016
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fil9144 View Post
Will tebo towers make it any better tho?

My point is no matter what people spend money on kits no matter how good they are or are not out off the box and to be honest I don't think £500-£600 is a car is expensive

You have some really nice cars you know what I am saying that bottom line really we spend that much money on these things is it really any different from buying a kit and then spending money on it

I do tho agree with you in part think should be a full kit but I would still pay the money for it
I think were both in half agreement then buddy, i do see your point on OOB kits and additional upgrades, lord knows ive spent a ton on my recent cars!
If the RZ6 is really going to be the mutts, its gonna sell, hell id love one, it does look one polished and refined piece of kit, but not just yet, lets see how she goes at club levels maybe

Lee
Old 12-03-2016

Quote:
I think were both in half agreement then buddy, i do see your point on OOB kits and additional upgrades, lord knows ive spent a ton on my recent cars!
If the RZ6 is really going to be the mutts, its gonna sell, hell id love one, it does look one polished and refined piece of kit, but not just yet, lets see how she goes at club levels maybe

Lee
Going to be honest I buy kits because I love building them I have 7 never even been out of the house.
I do think I will give one a try but just bought my X-ray have waited along time for them to come out to be honest and as per I have bought everything you can but to be honest isn't going to improve my driving I jaust like my car to look nice as per some of yours thT Tamyia must stand you at a none refundable fortune

It goes with the hobby I am lucky I have everything I want and a very good job but I buy things to build them that's were the fun is for me.
I can see it being a good car but think if someone doing it on bugdet they shouldn't buy one unless they have a rb6 which in it self is a great car.
Tebo could drive a Tamyia lunchbox and it go well the fine lines at the top are all about on the day I think
Old 14-03-2016

Quote:
Tebo could drive a Tamyia lunchbox and it go well the fine lines at the top are all about on the day I think
The adage of it being about the driver is perfectly true, but the second point definitely isn't. There are some drivers who click with certain cars better than others, and some just have their off days, but development in motorsport happens for a reason. A lot of people are overly cynical about the effect of the smallest of improvements, but if you are a driver at the very top, the car needs to be at its very best too.

Take Ronnefalk for example - the D216 certainly doesn't skimp anywhere on quality, and David is a world class driver, but the car just doesn't have the pace. It's definitely not an "on the day" thing, it shows that Hot Bodies, or what's left of them, need to do some drastic work to get the platform up to pace. Yokomo's last YZ-2 updates at Muelheim Kaerlich, although minor, meant they could absolutely dominate proceedings from start to finish.

It's important to not confuse the two concepts. A world class driver with a budget car would definitely be able to get it working and beat the vast majority of people on a club day. That's why they do it as their job - they are the best in the world. However, a world class driver surrounded by other world class drivers is a different matter. When every driver is on such an even keel in terms of skill, shaving half a tenth off your lap is a big deal. Every manufacturer is looking for that extra improvement, be it a second or a tenth of a second.

I remember marshaling at one of the Nationals a couple of years back, and as Lee Martin's Vega came by me, a tiny little brass weight dropped out of it. I picked it up and it had "1.5g" written on it. To your average club driver, such a small weight increase would be nothing. To a top driver, that might just make the difference between a very good car and a perfect one.
Old 14-03-2016
oOple Advertiser

Very well put Felix!

Although not a great advert for LMR tape

That's a joke by the way... LMR tape is very good

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggy#0 View Post
The adage of it being about the driver is perfectly true, but the second point definitely isn't. There are some drivers who click with certain cars better than others, and some just have their off days, but development in motorsport happens for a reason. A lot of people are overly cynical about the effect of the smallest of improvements, but if you are a driver at the very top, the car needs to be at its very best too.

Take Ronnefalk for example - the D216 certainly doesn't skimp anywhere on quality, and David is a world class driver, but the car just doesn't have the pace. It's definitely not an "on the day" thing, it shows that Hot Bodies, or what's left of them, need to do some drastic work to get the platform up to pace. Yokomo's last YZ-2 updates at Muelheim Kaerlich, although minor, meant they could absolutely dominate proceedings from start to finish.

It's important to not confuse the two concepts. A world class driver with a budget car would definitely be able to get it working and beat the vast majority of people on a club day. That's why they do it as their job - they are the best in the world. However, a world class driver surrounded by other world class drivers is a different matter. When every driver is on such an even keel in terms of skill, shaving half a tenth off your lap is a big deal. Every manufacturer is looking for that extra improvement, be it a second or a tenth of a second.

I remember marshaling at one of the Nationals a couple of years back, and as Lee Martin's Vega came by me, a tiny little brass weight dropped out of it. I picked it up and it had "1.5g" written on it. To your average club driver, such a small weight increase would be nothing. To a top driver, that might just make the difference between a very good car and a perfect one.
Old 14-03-2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggy#0 View Post

Back to my point though the average racer who like s to buys new kits or the rb6 owners this is a perfect kit to try.
KYOSHO are a very good brand and I am sure this will be a good value for money car.
Old 14-03-2016
Mad Member

Hence it looks like im caving in and looking for a pristine RB haha, i dont dig hybrids, so its a big step for me, but it must speak volumes, as this is the only one that gives me an itch i have to scratch lol!

Lee
Old 14-03-2016

Quote:
Hence it looks like im caving in and looking for a pristine RB haha, i dont dig hybrids, so its a big step for me, but it must speak volumes, as this is the only one that gives me an itch i have to scratch lol!

Lee
If I had not just bought a xray xb2 then I would not be far behind you although I won a brandnew kit in the raffle on Sunday and thinking my misses wouldn't know the difference lol
Old 15-03-2016
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
So you buy a kit for £300.00 then spend another £250.00

There's my point
You don't spend any money on upgrades on the YZ-2 as we are talking about 2wd cars. you buy the kit and run it. It's a great performing car out the box, and a well specked full car at that, for less than this conversion.
Some seem to be confusing the 2wd and 4wd Yokomo cars. there is no issue with weak front arms, or any part of the 2wd car. The 4wd benefits from the new front arms however.
10electric | Batley Buggy Club | YORCC | RHR | MB Models
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------