*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Default Sanwa M12

Anyone in the UK selling them?

"Babe thats NOT the price its the serial number!!"
Old 12-11-2012
Spends too long on oOple ...

SMD Direct at circa £500
Old 12-11-2012

not sure if they are available just yet but look nice saw one in italy a few weeks ago
Old 12-11-2012

I was going to get one till I saw the price. £500 is a little steep, considering what the US are paying, £400 would be acceptable.
Old 12-11-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris-S View Post
I was going to get one till I saw the price. £500 is a little steep, considering what the US are paying, £400 would be acceptable.
Other flagship radios are of the same price bracket !
4pk £480, 3vc £500 and the K O ex1 is £430 but if you want a drop down wheel etc then that is extra ;-)
Old 12-11-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

With high end kit like this its not like you are going to change it like some people do with new chassis's !!!! So i would rather buy from this country with the added bonus of a warranty and backup.
Old 12-11-2012

You can get it on rc-mushroom for 499usd (~320gbp) with free EMS shipping. I live in Lithuania and got it from them in two days, to UK it should take not more than that.
Old 12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by stegger View Post
Other flagship radios are of the same price bracket !
4pk £480, 3vc £500 and the K O ex1 is £430 but if you want a drop down wheel etc then that is extra ;-)
Still being ripped off though! People will pay it, I'd be interested to hear how LRP/RCDisco warrant such enormous mark ups.
Old 12-11-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris-S View Post
Still being ripped off though! People will pay it, I'd be interested to hear how LRP/RCDisco warrant such enormous mark ups.
Ring and ask them. But like everything or most things in this country things cost more than other places. Could by import costs and you know who sets them ;-)
Old 12-11-2012
Mad Member

I saw one this Sunday,a friend got his from Hong Kong. Looks SWEEEEEEEEEEET. Very light and doesn't have a aerial sticking out.Screen is smaller than the M11X too.

Very very nice radio. Although i don't think its worth £500.00 That's a bit too much. £350 to £445 would have been more reasonable.

Thanks.
Old 12-11-2012

eBay: 110957113019
--->Seller Feedback<---
Old 13-11-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

I have the MT-4 from a package I got so Im testing that but I am used to my spektrum DX3R with dropdown, man that makes a difference.

If there was a dropdown for the MT-4 Id stick with that. I wouldn't mind a change so Im thinking selling both and getting the M12

Shame that the receivers aren't cheap and that the cheapest one isn't in stock as the same place they sell cheap radios

Whats up with their warning?

Important Notice:
Please note that RF regulation varies in different countries. We, RC-Mushroom LTD is only selling Hong Kong version of transmitter and/or receiver. For customer who wants to purchase the Hong Kong version of radio transmitter and/or receiver, it is customer's duty to contact with the original manufacturer to make sure the RF regulation is not against their local regulation.

"Babe thats NOT the price its the serial number!!"
Old 14-11-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneKiwi View Post

Important Notice:
Please note that RF regulation varies in different countries. We, RC-Mushroom LTD is only selling Hong Kong version of transmitter and/or receiver. For customer who wants to purchase the Hong Kong version of radio transmitter and/or receiver, it is customer's duty to contact with the original manufacturer to make sure the RF regulation is not against their local regulation.
It costs money for the compliance certificate, and (IIRC) they are tied to specific models and factories, and *may* require testing. Add in each country having different compliance regs, they end up making region specific radios. Which may (or may not) comply with other countries regs. Rather than getting every item they sell approved for every market they could sell it in.

You have to do a back to back comparison with the regs for the target market, and your market, to see if there are any differences.

And even so, some busybody will still come along and tell you its wrong anyway.
Old 14-11-2012
Mad Member

Just sell the DX3R and get it over with................
Old 14-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneKiwi View Post
I have the MT-4 from a package I got so Im testing that but I am used to my spektrum DX3R with dropdown, man that makes a difference.

If there was a dropdown for the MT-4 Id stick with that. I wouldn't mind a change so Im thinking selling both and getting the M12

Shame that the receivers aren't cheap and that the cheapest one isn't in stock as the same place they sell cheap radios

Important Notice:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattr View Post
It costs money for the compliance certificate, and (IIRC) they are tied to specific models and factories, and *may* require testing. Add in each country having different compliance regs, they end up making region specific radios. Which may (or may not) comply with other countries regs. Rather than getting every item they sell approved for every market they could sell it in.

You have to do a back to back comparison with the regs for the target market, and your market, to see if there are any differences.

And even so, some busybody will still come along and tell you its wrong anyway.
this was discussed a few years ago with so many import sets coming into the UK and also lots of 2.4ghz modules and receiver sets, lots of these units were not CE approved, I think if I remember right you were ok at club meets but at BRCA meetings if found that your gear didnt have a CE stamp on it you could be asked to stop using the radio or be excluded I cannot remember how serious it got tbh, if buying abroad be careful plus there is always a chance of parcel getting stopped and getting stung for import duty as well you take your chances as always
Old 15-11-2012
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

That does sound a bit harsh ! So why is it then that racers going abroad can use radio's from there own country ;-)
Old 15-11-2012

i had an imported m11x that binded fine with imported and UK brought receivers, Surely that says something?
Old 15-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Butcher View Post
i had an imported m11x that binded fine with imported and UK brought receivers, Surely that says something?
I dont think technically there is any difference between market sets but its feasible some may allow differences which are beyond me, I think the BRCA stance was more to maintain legality within the sport in the UK, for instance if a car being controlled by an imported set hit someone and the insurance refused to pay up on the technicallity it would cause issues for that person, in this day and age of liability you have to be careful. tbh it was a few years ago this was an issue and I'm really not 100% how it ended as after I checked mine and it was CE marked i lost interest lol
Old 15-11-2012
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Butcher View Post
Not really.

Its the same as an MOT test really, if you car doesn't have the right (or any) certificate, its not legal, even if it meets all the requirements.

Same with an imported radio. Doesn't matter if it is actually legal as a) it doesn't have the right paperwork and b) its not been tested to EU standards.

FWIW i was bored this morning (between meetings) and tried to find the Compliance requirements for HK and the EU. And as far as i can tell, the peak power allowable for a 2.4Ghz system, under the respective regulations differs by a factor of 40.
They both probably put out the same power (the lower one!), but are tested to two different standards. (I'm not 100% i'm looking at the same standards, as they don't have directly comparable content and the testing is completely different, but they *seem* to be the correct ones!!)
Old 15-11-2012
oOple Advertiser

Some points to consider here guys...

£500 is the UK set RRP, you will most likely find it soon for less than that from UK stores and dealers just as the Exzes is £420 but sold for less in the stores too.

With regards importing them in, (I did only skim read the thread) no-one that i can recall mentioned the 20% UK VAT you will be charged when it arrives from overseas by customs, I did see mention of Duty (which is extra) and of course there will be the delivery surcharge from the carrier too (anywhere from £9 to £17)

The one quoted from RC Mushroom at $499, would be appox £330, then the Duty approx £18, VAT £70ish, delivery surcharge, £9-17, all of a sudden you are looking at around £430 ish and that is if they are doing FREE delivery, with shipping added the prices will be very similar in the UK...

Also, on Sanwa we do have remember that all of our goods come through LRP in Germany first before they reach the UK, which cannot be helping sadly

Lastly, Chris-S, I would love to be a fly on the wall in Jamie Booth's office (SMD) if you did call him to ask "how LRP/RCDisco warrant such enormous mark ups." I am not sure you would like the answer he may give you on that one since that is so far off reality sadly...
X-PARTZ - PHAT BODIES - RACERS EDGE - RM2 - DIRT RACING PRODUCTS - DMS INSERTZ
TKR GRAPHICS - BF MATERIALS - BATAN - DMS PARTZ - TEAM AJ
Tel : (01923) 816636