Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 04-06-2013

Default shock springs

Hi all. My first post here as I am a new Durango owner. Anyhow I had my DEX210 delivered on Friday from a shop in leeds and have been waiting for a li-po to arrive before I can try it as my other car is ni-mh. I like the DEX210 very much and seems to be decent quality but for one thing, when you press down in the center of the car the back right squats down real easy. So thinking theres no oil in that one or the disc holes are wrong in it, so I strip them down and to cut the story shorter one spring is very week compared to the other side. they both have the same length the gauge is the same on my verniers but one compresses easier than the other by quite a bit. Is it worth ringing the shop for another spring ? are there better springs available. Cheers

Dave.
Old 04-06-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Firstly welcome to the herd. Its a great car, Im really happy with mine

Second

Is it a used kit?

Check that the pistion is firmly secure you may have to remove the oil to see if it catches on the inside of the shock, there maybe som flashing left on the piston.
Could even be that the plastic in the end of the shock isn't holding the shaft upright properly.

Remove the shock and check that the arm falls of its own weight and moves freely, might be stuck around the hinge pin/arm area.

If there is no oil they will feel very different both of them.

Check the colour at the end of the spring, it could be 1 dark blue 1 light blue

Worst case if you new to the hobby and/or are passing by the shop then stop by, Im sure they will help you out. Or even drop by the local track

"Babe thats NOT the price its the serial number!!"
Old 04-06-2013

If your going to run it on high grip then used the brown front short corse springs
Old 04-06-2013

Do everything that is mentioned above and then you will probably want to change your shock setup so something like:
rear,
3x1.7mm piston with 25 wt oil black springs
front,
3x1.6mm piston with 30wt oil dark red springs

That's what I run and it works well for me at least! I found the stock pistons to have nowhere enough pack and the car bottomed out all the time and also the springs were too soft for my liking.
Old 04-06-2013

Thanks guys that's some really usefull info that I will utilies.The car is a new rtr from MB in leeds Both springs have light blue on the bottom but one is much softer than the other but I have slightly stretched the week one and the car squats evenly now and I know its not a solution but it will do until I get to act on some of this advise thanks again.

Dave.