Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Team Durango

Old 04-08-2013

Default DEX408

Hello all!

I have done a lot of research into the DEX408 as moving on from a Losi 1, can any owners give me a few tips for when I get the car also does it handle well? Durability of the buggy? Any tips for it? Thanks in advance

All the best.
Old 04-08-2013

Hi Mate,

I am currently running the Team Durango Dex408 and i have to say its one of my favorite cars to drive

The car is really well designed and built and will perform straight out of the box.

If you have never had a Team Durango car before then the thing that will amaze you is how easy it is to get the diffs out for maintenance.

There are plenty of setup sheets on the Team Durango site HERE

I carry a full set spring and full set sway bars, front and rear wishbones and a spare spur and few other bits just in case.

If you are running long finals with the nitros then it will be a bit of a
learning game to get the run times at first.

Keep us updated once you get your new buggy

Old 05-08-2013

It's a great car but what needs to be changed out of the box. New wing some guys run the DNX wing I use a JC. You need to drill pistons I went with 4 hole 1.4mm front and rears.

Also flip the rear arms hubs etc so the shocks are facing the rear. Here's a good site http://lutzinator.com/ he's Durango's best 1/8 driver hands down.

cheers
Old 05-08-2013

Hi Shaun. Things you need to watch out for are the centre driveshafts, they wear quite quickly and when you can you should upgrade to the clip ones like I have. As for spares just carry the same thing as you did with your Losi: arms, hinge pins, suspension inserts, ball ends, driveshafts, and some shock shafts + seals + spacer kits would be everything that I can envisage you needing.

It would also be good to get the dual position front C-hubs when you can (I found the bottom position was better - more steering and a bit easier to drive - Ben also thought this as well) and a few more different pairs of white springs and also a set of 2.2 and 2.4mm sway bars. Also check that you have the inserts to adjust front kick up as I like to run 11 degrees instead of the stock 10. Also another thing I like to do is run the 1 degree rear hubs - the rear end felt a little more planted when I did this.

You can't flip the shocks properly unless you have the PIGRC (you have to buy them from Italy) mounts that put the sway bar to the rear, otherwise it binds against the aluminium uprights due to the angle that it has to be bent to.
Old 05-08-2013

Just use a front sway bar when you flip the arms. You will have to bend it a bit but no biggy. I'm pretty sure the link I put up Ryan L has it on his page.
Old 05-08-2013

Ryan stated on RC Tech (can't remember where) it kept binding. I run the mod and just bought the mounts from Pig RC, came to about £20 including postage from Italy so it was ok and cheaper than the Durango alloy diff retainers which don't give you the option of mounting the sway bar on the rear. I liked the mod - rear was more planted but I had to change my setup a bit to compensate for the loss of steering due to moving more weight to the rear.
Old 05-08-2013

i was also running 1.4 x 4 pistons front and 1.4 x 5 rear
but now 10 hole pistons, 6 x 1.1mm + 4 x 1.2mm on the same piston! 45wt front and between 30 and 35 rear!
Old 05-08-2013

I tried a few different pistons and now I run 5x1.3 pistons with 35wt oil white orange springs on the front with the same pistons on the back with 27.5wt oil and white green springs, works very well. This is on a DNX408 though.
Old 06-08-2013

Oil would prob need to be heavier for DEX i run both too!
Old 06-08-2013

Thanks for all the advise, don't think I'll flip the shocks through as I will need a custom sway bar kit from Italy to prevent binding (on Ryan Lutz website somewhere). Also putting them back you will lose a slight bit of steering when talking to people it doesn't make a huge difference flipping them. Also going to use the gearing of 18/60 on the car.

Last edited by MrShaun; 06-08-2013 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Added some extra information.
Old 25-08-2013

I finally got the Durango on the track for practice today racing tomorrow. First thoughts are very well handling car durable etc, turns on a dime. Car has a lot of air control and is a lot better in the air than my old Losi. reading 63c after 20 minutes. Very impressed just for the big day tomorrow.