Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Events & Venues > CLUB TALK > Tiverton Radio Controlled Car Club

Old 28-09-2014

Default Unlimited Touring Car

We had an issue today as there was a buggy racing in the touring car class. I was a little worried that an open wheel car would be a hazard but to be fair the young lady driving it was very good and caused me at least no problems. Rick did say he was unhappy as she held him up and its not right that a non TC could effect the results and potentially the winner of the championship. Other drivers have also said to me that they are not happy that a non TC will take points away from there championship. I know we are running in an unlimited class but I must agree that it is also a TC class and not a buggy class. We have plenty of classes for buggies but only one for our TCs today.

Could I ask that the buggy results are not used and so upset the TC championship. I know in years gone by it has not been a very serious class but this year more than ever the bar has been raised and many drivers are spending a lot of money to compete in TC. As far as effecting the racing on the track by getting in the way I dont think this was any more of an issue than a visiting TC would of done but I do agree that the class should only allow 1/10 TC shell cars so ask that that is the minimum requirement.

Terry
Old 28-09-2014

I Second that.

Touring Car points should be for Touring Car drivers and I don't understand the idea of having classes if they are not going to be adhered to. I thought it was a very odd thing to do.

Last edited by jimmyturnbuckle; 28-09-2014 at 04:41 PM.
Old 30-09-2014

It's club racing guys, if your worried about your points then you need to get out more.

Our on road track is a good place for the kiddies to start on and for adults? to have fun on, all your bickering and complaining is setting a very bad example to the young kids.

If you want to race TC seriously then go and do a national or regional series.
Old 30-09-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by danharding View Post
It's club racing guys, if your worried about your points then you need to get out more.

Our on road track is a good place for the kiddies to start on and for adults? to have fun on, all your bickering and complaining is setting a very bad example to the young kids.

If you want to race TC seriously then go and do a national or regional series.
+ 1
Old 30-09-2014

Dan (and Mowen). I am not worried about the points just about the dangers of what happens when a car hits the open wheels.

The club races 2wd buggies and touring cars (see the website) then this should be supported. You cannot say to ease up and on the other hand say the only supported BRCA batterys can be used. You have to stick to the rules and an open wheel car is not a touring car.

And if you want tot talk about bickering and complaining then you might want to take an example of a certain member of the committee who in full view of others gave me a dressing down for saying something to his wife. She had misunderstood my meaning and rather then clarifying it with me informed her husband who then threatened me. This to me is a bad example to the children.

TvE
Old 30-09-2014

The first post is moaning about points, nothing is mentioned about safety.

The club rules regarding classes are our own, the general rules regarding our BRCA insurance have nothing to do with the classes we race.

And I fully stand behind and support the person you mention.

I'm not going to say any more on the matter, if you have a problem come and see me face to face.
Old 30-09-2014

Brca battery rule until now I have remainded quiet on this issue but after talking to Chris last night if you all had LISTENED he was pointing out there might be a potential that they bring in a rule that brca approved batteries have to be used then it would be better to know now if you were thinking of buying new batteries rather then not mentioning it and the BRCA create a rule and people have just purchased new batteries. He was trying to just give people a little heads up just incase or what i call trying to help but again people only LISTENED to what they wanted to hear AGAIN !!

Also when I go racing all over the country and have a problem I go and see someone and ask if the problem can be resolved and not go onto forums complain as this doesnt help the club or the hobby!! we had a few problems this year at regionals and some that were personally very hard to deal with but they were always done face to face not once did someone go onto here or facebook and have a moan we got it sorted as soon as we could the best way we could. Maybe you should try the same approach as I feel you will gain more out of it and will be helping the hobby and clubs rather then getting there backs up.

Just my advise as all I ever want to see is people enjoying there racing
Old 30-09-2014
oOple Advertiser

Just my thought on the matter of the club championship points etc..

I believe that club Championships is what is killing our regional series. Not sure how others will take this. But most people I have spoken to this year would rather race in the club round instead of the regional races.( this is not down to lipos rules etc..) It is so they do not drop points.

Just a thought club racing is club racing (which we do not seem to have anywhere in the south west) if you want to see how good you are compared to others then the regional series is where you will find this out over the course of the year.

Team C Racing
Absima
Nuclear RC
DHR Paint
Phat Bodies
South West RC Ltd
Old 30-09-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobPaynter View Post
Just my thought on the matter of the club championship points etc..

I believe that club Championships is what is killing our regional series. Not sure how others will take this. But most people I have spoken to this year would rather race in the club round instead of the regional races.( this is not down to lipos rules etc..) It is so they do not drop points.

Just a thought club racing is club racing (which we do not seem to have anywhere in the south west) if you want to see how good you are compared to others then the regional series is where you will find this out over the course of the year.
Old 30-09-2014

Dan; So you think it is normal to show the sort of behaviour that I encountered? Welll I don't and I was going to bring it up at the AGM, this so the person involved had a chance to apologise.

And Btw I am quite happy to discuss this face to face in a normal manner with the relevant peopple present.

TvE
Old 30-09-2014

If you tc guy's are raising the bar and spending more money on your touring car why are you not doing regional &nationals I know if I was spends more money On my hobby I would want to race it at all levels off racing!!
Old 30-09-2014

I have never seen buggies race in the same class with Touring cars at any level?

Maybe its because the off road in these parts has become dominant and overflowed onto the tarmac.....LoL.

The reason also that the guys who have been raising the bar don't race at all levels is because life gets in the way sometimes.

I also remember an off road dude say on oople that his points were incorrect and so they were corrected. No one told him that he needed to get out more.

Last edited by jimmyturnbuckle; 30-09-2014 at 06:13 PM.
Old 30-09-2014

@Durango racing. Racing regionals is a possible for some of us but work commitments and family commitments rule it out for others. It dose not mean we should not enjoy competing in a championship dose it?

@danharding. You said “It's club racing guys, if your worried about your points then you need to get out more. “ Well whats the point of having championships if the points don’t matter? Should we scrap all the championships and just race for the day then?

You also said “Our on road track is a good place for the kiddies to start on and for adults? to have fun on, “ So the track is not worth the effort? If that’s what you feel why do you turn up? Do you not have anything better to do, maybe you should get out more.

And again “all your bickering and complaining is setting a very bad example to the young kids. ” Since when is raising valid points bickering and complaining? I really don’t see what it has to do with you as your not involved.

And again “If you want to race TC seriously then go and do a national or regional series.” I don’t want take it seriously, I may try the regionals but where dose that leave the club racing?

And again “The first post is moaning about points, nothing is mentioned about safety. “ The first post is not moaning it is bringing the views of some of the members to the forum to be discussed, this way all concerned can see the full discussion.

@Mowen208fly. I go racing all over the country and have a problem I go and see someone and ask if the problem can be resolved and not go onto forums complain as this doesnt help the club or the hobby!! “ Unfortunately people felt they had to come to me as we have 2 TC reps on the committee, one of which was not there and the other doesn’t even race TC anymore. I personally don’t see any problem with having an open discussion and prefer it to decisions being made behind closed doors.

You also said “Just my advise as all I ever want to see is people enjoying there racing “ Yep I agree 100%

Terry
Old 01-10-2014

It's not as if no dialogue was going on during the day which is being suggested here.

I spoke to one committee member about it and before one of the heats I saw and heard someone else talking to another committee member by race control.
Old 01-10-2014

This is another pointless argument, there are sometimes 4wd buggies in with the 2wd ones, and I've never heard anyone complain about that.

There's 4wd Short Course trucks in with the 2wd ones, again no ones complains.

At the end of the day Molly is a much better driver than most of us so is never going to cause an incident. I had more trouble with other touring cars than with her buggy.

If you don't want the club to continue to exist then putting off young members and moaning about the committee is the right way to go about it.

Steve
Old 01-10-2014

Steve. I personally had no issue with her driving as I said in the first post, she is a great driver!

Molly was racing in the proper buggy group as well and only joined us for a bit of fun so I hope she wont be put off at all.

Some TC members were not happy for the reasons that I agreed with and so put forward where everyone could keep up to date with the response. Unfortunately the responses were quite hostile and not at all measured or constructive.

I dont think 4wd and 2wd short course trucks have become popular enough yet to be split but that may change.

Terry
Old 01-10-2014

4WD Buggies in with 2WD buggies is not such an issue as they are both Buggies.

4WD SC in with 2WD is not such an issue as they are both SC trucks.

Same as.

4WD TC in with 2WD TC wouldn't be an issue.

But would you allow a converted TC with knobbly tyres to race in off road with the buggies or SC? Why weren't the SC allowed to run with buggies when the first ones showed up at the track for the first time?

Last edited by jimmyturnbuckle; 01-10-2014 at 06:25 PM.
Old 01-10-2014

Wink

I don't see what all the whining is about,whilst watching and offering Steve 'moral support' racing his snoring car I didn't see Molly get in anyones way or cause any problems during the races.. Some people need to get down off there soapboxes and get a life.TRCCC has been going for longer than I can remember through the tireless enthusiasm of the Rowcliffe's and other people involved and has run numerous massive meetings which hundreds of people have enjoyed,the club actively encourages new people and caters for just about anything with wheels including gay touring cars... If someone fancies having a blast with their whatever it is and is known to be able to drive in a sort of straight line whats the problem??? If Molly had been getting in anyones way and had ruined your chances of getting a slightly bigger plastic trophy to drool over then you might have something to grizzle over.
Carry on like this and you might find the touring car track gets astro'd..
Please remember it's just 'Toy Cars'..
Old 01-10-2014

I give up, dig it up. Your far from the first to say this and it shows the general feeling for on road racing in the club. You Guys blow everything out of proportion.

Terry

Last edited by Terry1965; 01-10-2014 at 09:54 PM.
Old 01-10-2014

Last edited by jimmyturnbuckle; 01-10-2014 at 10:06 PM.