Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > Tamiya

Old 09-02-2011

Default DB01/Durga Anti-Squat

I've read different things on this and wanted to know if anyone knows for sure whether from standard the Durga has any anti-squat or not?

Thanks!
- Frankenstein DEX410 -
- Schumacher Cougar Classic -
- Xray T4 2013-
- Tamiya Monster Beetle Black Edition -

oOple Trader Feedback
Old 09-02-2011

If you are referring to adjusting the rear arm angle for anti-squat, then no there is not much adjustment there.. You can make some minor adjustments to the chassis suspension blocks by 1-1.5mm, but this moves the arm angle more downward and forward which favors off-road / bumpy tracks..

The default angle of the rear arms are pretty level, again to favor off-road / bumpy tracks..

It doesn't look like Tamiya really intended the DB-01 to have a more extreme anti-squat angle adjustment for high-grip smooth tracks..

I believe this is the information you are looking for.. I know some people refer to anti-squat as a range of suspension tuning, so I just wanted to be sure..
Old 09-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimblum View Post
If you are referring to adjusting the rear arm angle for anti-squat, then no there is not much adjustment there.. You can make some minor adjustments to the chassis suspension blocks by 1-1.5mm, but this moves the arm angle more downward and forward which favors off-road / bumpy tracks..

The default angle of the rear arms are pretty level, again to favor off-road / bumpy tracks..

It doesn't look like Tamiya really intended the DB-01 to have a more extreme anti-squat angle adjustment for high-grip smooth tracks..

I believe this is the information you are looking for.. I know some people refer to anti-squat as a range of suspension tuning, so I just wanted to be sure..
Thanks for the input, I was just wondering if anyone knew the exact angle of the anti-squat with out any spacers under rear block? I'm also interested in what the angle will be if I add the 1mm spacer?
- Frankenstein DEX410 -
- Schumacher Cougar Classic -
- Xray T4 2013-
- Tamiya Monster Beetle Black Edition -

oOple Trader Feedback