Go Back   oOple.com Forums > Car Talk > KYOSHO

Old 06-06-2014

Ye that's what I was thinking Andy and one of the reasons I posted, was hoping someone in the know would shed some light on it. Really like the look of the kit, extremely tuneable, my guess would be £400 as the RB6 is around the £300-350 in shops right now.

Chris
Old 07-06-2014
Mad Member

I was a little disappointed when this was announced with ball diffs but now there are optional gear diffs coming it'll be a better prospect.

PBM Racing 01773 769323
TEAM XRAY
RC DISCO
Old 09-06-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

The ball/gear diff debate will rage on and on with all brands. Personally don't like gear diffs so pleased it ships with ball but understand why some people do prefer them.

Personally I've been running a ZX5 in shorty config and already prefer it to saddle car but still have a little bit of fine tuning to do with setups, think the aluminium chassis of the ZX6 will be a nice feature to help with the feel of a shorty 4wd.
Old 09-06-2014
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerM View Post
The ball/gear diff debate will rage on and on with all brands. Personally don't like gear diffs so pleased it ships with ball but understand why some people do prefer them.

Personally I've been running a ZX5 in shorty config and already prefer it to saddle car but still have a little bit of fine tuning to do with setups, think the aluminium chassis of the ZX6 will be a nice feature to help with the feel of a shorty 4wd.
But you abandoned you ZX5 for you RB6 at the 4wd regional yesterday at Kidderminster?

http://www.screwz4rc.co.uk

Old 10-06-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyreman View Post
But you abandoned you ZX5 for you RB6 at the 4wd regional yesterday at Kidderminster?
Not quite true, I've foolishly let my stocks of ZX5 parts reduce and had a failure I could not repair due to this.

The part in question is from the original kit build so nearly 2 seasons old and to be 100% fair if I'd have had that section of the car apart any time in the last couple of months I'd have spotted the wear.

Totally my own error, if I were to blame Kyosho for anything it would be that there diffs and drivetrain as so long lasting and reliable you don't get forced to look at them couple of meetings unlike some brands
Old 20-06-2014

Does anyone have a release date for this kit? I thought I read that it would be some time in June but there's no sign of it so far.