Go Back   oOple.com Forums > General > The PlayGround > oOple Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-01-2014

Default WOW things have changed in 25 years!! :)

recently had a real desire to get back into racing RC cars, not a lot going on near me, my local club (220 mile round trip) was fading away sadly and appeared to be more nitro orientated and they dont float my boat.

now they have an off road track and Im hoping to get up there soon to check it out, see whats in use, what kits are supported best for spares ( I will be needing many wishbones I expect) LOL

thought I have a browse online shops and this forum as well to look at what people think of various kits and parts

last time I was racing electric you had to have more motors than tyres, almost as many packs of batteries and if you got past 4 minutes without dumping then you were doing well LOL

a schumacher topcat in 1988 was my first decent car, had been attending local club with a hornet and a boomerang prior to that. raced at southend track with the lil shed and a man pressing your race number on an acorn electron computer each time you went past LOL

strange thing is that the topcat was £99.99 in 1988, so compared to todays prices things really arent that bad, lipo and brushless really seem to have changed the game.

rather excited now to have a go again, watched some videos online and a bit intimidated to be honest as the speed of them now, but hey, every club needs a mobile chicane